LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
i wonder if changing DDS export option could change this or not ?
Due to how I had to set up the road textures... More MIPs would help a bit... but would increase the road textures size even further. I do have double the size road textures... 16k x 4k... instead of 8k x 2k... I also have 8k roadside dirt textures instead of the 4k included in 0.81
I can always make this available in an addon 'High Res Texture Pack', only for people with beasts of computers, and as a bonus for supporters.

Thanks for confirming that guys. Still don't know why anyone would disagree with this statement as it should be an obvious AF issue. I'd really like to hear the reasoning and see some proof if something else should be the issue (even if it's just to get some more knowledge in case I'm still wrong).

Hope @spark972 will let us know the result.
No worries... I've done lots and lots and lots of testing and it's 100% an AF issue... The end solution will be (as @Tberg suggested earlier) will be to make 150km's of centrelines as separate objects with their own Higher Resolution textures... I'm not doing this yet, as a) With 150km's it's going to be far far from a 2 second job.. b) Will cause z-fighting flickering issues from the Heli Cams, and c) will require more materials / textures. X16 Anisotropic is everyones friend here!

Trying it in the NV Control Panel is a good idea. Maybe the overall setting is on "High Performance" or "Performance" instead of "Quality" or "High Quality".
You were right, the High Performance mode solve it but I was arround 45-47fps.
I tried a lot of things in manual mode but nothing was working.
At the end I found this: https://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/620695877347479562/
Did as instructed and now everything is better, still have the weird effect but further in the back at 72-95fps.

Came here, read your though, back at it with AF 16x... and voilà !!!! 71-88fps
Many thanks guys, great community over here ! #loveit

meanwhile...
lac_map_181005.jpg

Texture quality is defined by the game as mipmap details and anisotropic filtering but can also be affected by your GPU driver overrides. The texture I've exported does have mipmaps generated in it, not all texture in AC have them though. The texture is a simple old DXT1 format with no alpha, every prehistoric GPU can read it but your GPU has to support 12k textures, most modern GPUs support up to 16384x16384.
If you're getting very blurry textures then it's probably using a very low resolution mipmap or no AF maybe not even trilinear or bilinear filtering, check your driver settings.

Mipmap bias in AC set to -1 is recommended, I used to have -0.65 but it's easier to set it to -1. If you use AA the image will still be blurry and needs to be post processing fine sharpened to look right.

put up some guardrails on wilson like in real life so we can run it lol. one of the reasons wilson is better than GMR (glendora mountain road) guard rails so you don't die!

Something that brought home to me the sheer scale of this project was to drive a lap in the Abarth 595 SS. Going once around the Normal loop from a standing start took almost 26 minutes. The car is so slow that one can drink in the vistas and the details therein. It's been tempting to steer the Abarth around the Canyons loop, turning off at each junction and driving up and down all the miles and miles of extra roads in one mammoth lap - but that might bring on simracing psychosis.

It's like a new game: Rilassato Corsa. :thumbsup:

Incidentally, starting at the back of a grid of Abarths is very enjoyable. Set free on real roads instead of confined to a circuit, the Abarth tells the driver that gear changes on gentle but excruciatingly long inclines and descents have become comically important. That extra one mile per hour makes all the difference...

Thank you to @Phoenix77 and @Ben O'Bro and @Leonardo Ratafiá (and anyone else) for their amazing creation.:cool:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea