LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sorry for oftopic but I have to ask.So with full version of CM I can make any track to have traffic AI?Thanks.
Btw now with trees etc This track is EPIC!Top work guys.Before this huge update it was so dull to look at I couldnt even drive it.

Last edited:
Speaking as a Generation Xer, it's an intangibly incredible experience to be able to mash up Need For Speed and Test Drive, jump into a Ferrari 512TR and chase down cars like a Lamborghini Countach, a Porsche 959, a Jaguar XJ220, a Honda NSX and a Dodge Viper on this incredible track. It's like the posters on my teenage bedroom wall have come to life, and LA Canyons is the absolutely perfect playground for them to clear their throats. Thank you modders, one and all - even the ones who let me populate this classic supercar grid with dodgy rips.
:p

upload_2018-10-23_23-12-9.png

Last edited:
Speaking as a Generation Xer, it's an intangibly incredible experience to be able to mash up Need For Speed and Test Drive, jump into a Ferrari 512TR and chase down cars like a Lamborghini Countach, a Porsche 959, a Jaguar XJ220, a Honda NSX and a Dodge Viper on this incredible track. It's like the posters on my teenage bedroom wall have come to life, and LA Canyons is the absolutely perfect playground for them to clear their throats. Thank you modders, one and all - even the ones who let me populate this classic supercar grid with dodgy rips.
:p

View attachment 275324

HA! We are on the same page. I've been doing the same thing at LAC with the exact same car list with the exception of the XJ200 and 993. I'll have to track these down!

Hello,
sorry in advance for my bad english.
a week ago, i give a donation to receive the "extra" track, but i receive anything or any link or email providing this stuff.
how can i get the extra track please ?
(with the author of "lake louise" track, all was fine)

@Phoenix77 @Ben O'Bro I have just tried LAC (normal) using the "AI flood' feature of the custom shaders patch + CM. First of all, it is awesome. You are almost constantly overtaking, dodging etc, best fun I've had racing AI in a long time.
There is one problem: the AI seems to have some big issue starting from the long downhill before the bridge to a little bit into the fast section. In that area, cars are stopped on the track like zombies, or crawling on the hills.
Is it an AI line problem? Anybody else encountered the same issue? Too sad, this is absolutely the best track to use the AI flood!

Last edited:
@Phoenix77 @Ben O'Bro I have just tried LAC (normal) using the "AI flood' feature of the custom shaders patch + CM. First of all, it is awesome. You are almost constantly overtaking, dodging etc, best fun I've had racing AI in a long time.
There is one problem: the AI seems to have some big issue starting from the long downhill before the bridge to a little bit into the fast section. In that area, cars are stopped on the track like zombies, or crawling on the hills.
Is it an AI line problem? Anybody else encountered the same issue? Too sad, this is absolutely the best track to use the AI flood!
Yep, i have the same issue.

HAHAHA oh yea, its an issue for sure! Seems to only happen at LAC. I've used AI Flood feature at Nords with no issues. It almost as if when the AI cars are spawn they are disconnected from the AI path. Seems to happen in the same section of LAC ( near the bridge) usually after this point the AI race pretty good with no zombie spawns.

is there a way to get the ai to drive in a single lane on this track? i cant get my own ai line to path at all.
Normal / Reverse One Way Traffic Layouts are done, and will be for supporters only (to keep the main download size down... for.... other things). Supporters will also have access to a 39km Angeles Crest traffic layout... starting at Newcombs Ranch.
Screenshot_ks_ford_gt40_la_canyons_13-10-118-11-19-28.jpg

Due to the hugeness of the AI lines... You need to leave AC saving for around an hour to get AI lines.

i'd say soon ^^
but then i'm not in charge of this :D
Well it would've been soon apart from the testing issues, getting all AI cars to leave the pit area...
It worked out in the end to be an "A2B" tag in the UI affecting a Race Weekend Practice session... One little freaking tag! :D
Screenshot_ferrari_laferrari_la_canyons_25-10-118-12-18-48.jpg

Hello,
sorry in advance for my bad english.
a week ago, i give a donation to receive the "extra" track, but i receive anything or any link or email providing this stuff.
how can i get the extra track please ?
(with the author of "lake louise" track, all was fine)
Cheers, PM me your email address.. the one linked to your donation and I'll take a look, and let you know.

Thanks for letting me know mate... But as you can see from Ilya's post on the CM / Shader mod development... AI Flood is a work in progress... 33% done
ai_flood_33pc.jpg

Yep, i have the same issue.

HAHAHA oh yea, its an issue for sure! Seems to only happen at LAC. I've used AI Flood feature at Nords with no issues. It almost as if when the AI cars are spawn they are disconnected from the AI path. Seems to happen in the same section of LAC ( near the bridge) usually after this point the AI race pretty good with no zombie spawns.
I'm pretty sure (maybe not 100%) that it's not an issue with LAC's AI line in particular... One recommendation I have... is to have a High aggression setting for the AI... This enables them to drive closer to each other instead of leaving a 10ft gap between themselves... causing crashes... Hopefully this might sort any issues out... Let me know, cheers! :)

Just to let everyone know... I probably won't be making AI Two Way traffic layouts for LAC... Mainly due to the sheer size of the track... With traffic driving in both directions... You'd need to run 84 AI... just to see one car every 1km. (42km's x 2)

If Ilya finds a way to implement AI Flood for two way traffic (no easy feat at all) then maybe. Also the size of the AI line will probably be around 100mb's... And this will take up WAY too space on the regular download... for... other things! ;)

Thanks for letting me know mate... But as you can see from Ilya's post on the CM / Shader mod development... AI Flood is a work in progress... 33% done
View attachment 275833

I'm pretty sure (maybe not 100%) that it's not an issue with LAC's AI line in particular... One recommendation I have... is to have a High aggression setting for the AI... This enables them to drive closer to each other instead of leaving a 10ft gap between themselves... causing crashes... Hopefully this might sort any issues out... Let me know, cheers! :)

I don't think its specifically an issue with LAC, perhaps the size of the track or the style of roads is perhaps an issue. I've not tried AI Flood at all tracks, no doubt there are probably issues elsewhere.

Considering that this AI feature is only 33% done, lots o' work to do yet.

I don't think its specifically an issue with LAC, perhaps the size of the track or the style of roads is perhaps an issue. I've not tried AI Flood at all tracks, no doubt there are probably issues elsewhere.

Considering that this AI feature is only 33% done, lots o' work to do yet.
Yeah mate... and It's definitely a great feature to use on LAC... must admit I didn't have the parked up cars issue at all... What aggression setting were you running?

For a feature that's 33% done... it's overall working really well... I have noticed that when they spawn in front, they do bunch up quite a bit.... maybe there's a setting that can control the density of cars that spawn in front?

Also maybe there is a setting to control the U axis of spawn? (across the width of the road).... And maybe a way to space them out more along the V axis... (along the road)?

I run with aggression at 100% in track days. Just to clarify, it's not cars bunching up that's the problem, it's individual cars either:
  • crawling along on their own at walking pace or stopped on the road
  • cars parked (or crashed?) on the side of the road, normally facing left or right 90 degrees
This seems to happen for a few miles around halfway through a main loop, but get past it and further along the AI flood starts behaving itself again.

I run with aggression at 100% in track days. Just to clarify, it's not cars bunching up that's the problem, it's individual cars either:
  • crawling along on their own at walking pace or stopped on the road
  • cars parked (or crashed?) on the side of the road, normally facing left or right 90 degrees
This seems to happen for a few miles around halfway through a main loop, but get past it and further along the AI flood starts behaving itself again.
Cheers for the info, there's a small chance it's something to do with the actual hugeness of the AI line... After all Race Weekends only work on practice... But when moving to Qualifying... The track crashes and goes back to the main menu... I think I recall in the logs it was something to do with tyres.
(maybe the game thinks qualifying tyres can't last for 42km's)
AI Flood is 33% there according to Ilya, so maybe there will be a way to fix things.
For now anyway... it is what it is. Maybe some of AI are spawning off track... as racing tracks are much much wider than these roads?

I'll try and post a video showing the issue later.
No worries mate, I've seen the issues... Maybe the One Way Traffic layouts will help a little, as I haven't had the issues. If someone lets Ilya know, maybe he can do some more wizardry... or confirm it's something (or not) with AI flood feature?
I personally think @correca has done an epic job with the AI lines, and edges..
So I'm not sure it's something to do with the AI line itself. It is a shame... as it's a seriously awesome feature for the canyons... almost equally as awesome as night runs.

I'll post the video anyways because it's so much fun to drive with all those cars around. The issues begin at around minute 5. This was with AI at 100% strength and 50% aggression. After recording the video i tried with 100% aggression but it was the same. I noticed some stationary cars also towards the end of the lap, in the twisty section (not in this video).

Thanks for that, I hadn't had time to try AI flood with LAC, due to so much amazing stuff going on in AC at the moment. Makes it look more fun actually! Having to dodge all those cars.
I see yesterday Ilya released working indicators you can assign to keys->buttons on your wheel (I haven't tried it yet). He's a genius. That would be great for LAC actually, as quite often when in a group the leader goes to turn off to a side road and everyone crashes when he brakes.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.3%