LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
put up some guardrails on wilson like in real life so we can run it lol. one of the reasons wilson is better than GMR (glendora mountain road) guard rails so you don't die!
They're on the list... But below the priority of getting 39km's of Angeles Crest HR road meshes, and trees done. Anyway.... what guardrails do you mean? :D
no_guardrails.jpg

Hi Phoenix77
can you please tell me which software is necessary to build these phantatastic tracks - and that was the source(s)
you have used?
3DS Max 2016, Photoshop CS, KsEditor... and a whole lot of plugins & scripts for Max and Photoshop. USGS elevation data... and huge satellite images sourced from SAS Planet program. Thanks :)

Need an app that will randomly generate fallen rocks on the road surface. Imagine seeing this while driving at 1am in the rain, yikes!
View attachment 273200
Yeah things like rocks... and plenty of other things were planned...
If only they could be made collidable!

That could be done with dynamic objects quite easily, to appear randomly, though not collidable. It would be a cool effect though :thumbsup:
It's a real shame dynamic objects can't have a collision mesh... I know it's because moving collision meshes wouldn't be a good idea... But on 'static' dynamic objects (bit of a contradiction :D)?

It has put an end to plans for major rock falls, fallen trees, broken down cars and many other random obstacles. These random obstacles were all going to have a very very small chance of appearing.
And they were only going to be on the layouts without AI lines (freeroam etc)...
As the AI would just blindly collide with them
Shame Kunos couldn't change things to make dynamic objects collidable.

Last edited:
Yeah things like rocks... and plenty of other things were planned...
If only they could be made collidable!

It's a real shame dynamic objects can't have a collision mesh... I know it's because moving collision meshes wouldn't be a good idea... But on 'static' dynamic objects (bit of a contradiction :D)?

It has put an end to plans for major rock falls, fallen trees, broken down cars and many other random obstacles. These random obstacles were all going to have a very very small chance of appearing.
And they were only going to be on the layouts without AI lines (freeroam etc)...
As the AI would just blindly collide with them
Shame Kunos couldn't change things to make dynamic objects collidable.
how about...
iu

with 0.1% chance of spawning in front of the tunnel :whistling:

They're on the list... But below the priority of getting 39km's of Angeles Crest HR road meshes, and trees done. Anyway.... what guardrails do you mean? :D
View attachment 273256

haha he gets a screen shot of the section with out guard rails. There are guard rails at all the corners where you are more likely to fall off. Source: Have hit a guard rail really hard. and have seen plenty of people bounce off the barriers. Take a google street view of the road starting from teh parking lot of the bottom or downhill from the top. guardrails at all the corners. not so much on the straights.
ddddd.jpg

Thanks for posting this CobraCat....

The prospect of driving to Newcombs Ranch means there is going to have to be a part 2 to this!! :)
Yeah thanks for sharing the video CobraCat :)
Awesome video Andre... Love the technical details, awesome editing and camera shots!
And it almost goes without saying.... Awesome choice of car ;)
The run up to Newcombs ranch is now a much more intense ride... thanks to Ben's awesome trees going in.... And at night there will be plenty of other pretty special things to see soon :)
Stay tuned :D

ALL 150km's of High Resolution road meshes are now done.... It was quite a job to do!
Got up to a few hundred million polys at one point... So I had to split the scene into many many different 'chunks'

Optimised back the whole area comes in at approx 4.2 million polys... Luckily unrendered!
Also it's lucky that all the extra high resolution road meshes don't need to be included in with the main download... As this will leave lots of extra space for.... other things ;)

ALL 150km's of High Resolution road meshes are now done.... It was quite a job to do!

you should show some screenshots to see the mesh and tremendous job it requires to cover such distance!!

In other news, i am looking for better references about the Tujunga Dam
upload_2018-10-12_11-55-56.png

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/big-tujunga-dam-los-angeles

i find it hard to get good pictures of how the dam works, the overflow system etc. lot of picture are under construction. If any of you went there in real life and got pictures, and better understanding :)
dam overflow.JPG

and few ref i could find
ai58vzjm0soz9umj.jpg BigTRetrofit.jpg big-tujunga-dam.jpg overflow.jpg Picture5.jpg tower.jpg

you should show some screenshots to see the mesh and tremendous job it requires to cover such distance!!

In other news, i am looking for better references about the Tujunga Dam
View attachment 273828

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/big-tujunga-dam-los-angeles

i find it hard to get good pictures of how the dam works, the overflow system etc. lot of picture are under construction. If any of you went there in real life and got pictures, and better understanding :)
View attachment 273829

and few ref i could find
View attachment 273830 View attachment 273831 View attachment 273832 View attachment 273833 View attachment 273834 View attachment 273835

http://www.shimmick.com/Projects/Electrical/Big-Tujunga-Dam-Seismic-Rehabilitation-and-Spillwa.aspx

So the dam was mainly built for flood control so that people could develop in the valleys with out getting flash floods. It doesn't produce electricity. If it's a heavy rain season the dam will fill til it overflows over the top like in the picture you have. In that picture you also see 4 drains those have valves that let water in at a controlled rate. That's pretty much it. A wall that allows overflow with 4 giant valves maybe more to also aid in draining if it doesn't overflow.

Those valves are called flood gates lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floodgate

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back