LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
can someone help me install it. I can't grasp how to do it
Ive been trying to install this, even following the instructions but, its doesnt even show up in my game. Any idea as to why?

See below my reply on the previous page about installing :
if it's the whole installation, you need to have basic knowledge of folder structure in windows

and there's videos tutorial on how to install a mod

i think how Phoenix did the ZIP archives, the track folder that goes into:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks
isn't at the root of the archive,so you need to be careful when unzipping
you need to have :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\la_canyons
and all the kn5 etc. should be in there, not further, i that makes sense
Anyone else having the same problem of hitting an invisible wall while trying to drive away from spawn in LAC - Freeroam Urban?
That'd be interesting if you make a screenshot. Something we missed probably, as we tried not to have any invisible walls
Cheers

Last edited:
See below my reply on the previous page about installing :

That'd be interesting if you make a screenshot. Something we missed probably, as we tried not to have any invisible walls
Cheers

It's like I am not allowed to be on the pits in the Urban. I managed to drive to it on the freeroam map where my spawn wasn't Urban and I could drive around no problem but I still wasn't able to drive onto the driveway of the house where the pits is. its like an invisible wall around it

Hi all, been away for a while as had / having some computer issues... Motherboard, PSU, Win 10 related... also 2020 has proved to be.. a little... :poop:

But in between blue screens, have been able to get some updating done on Pacific Coast, seeing as it's a much smaller track. Already optimised by around 200k polys... to allow for more... details.
pacific_coast.jpg

Some of the techniques I'm learning may be applicable to the Canyons later on... depending on whether the difference in scale plays nicely. But Pacific Coast will prove to be a 'small' test area for the canyons.

Due to a few dicks leaving 1 star reviews on LA Canyons...
I may have a rethink where I make this available. Which is not the way I wanted it to be, but so be it.
If you've shown support, I'll make sure you get to drive it. Idiots need not apply!

I'll share a few more screens in the Pacific Coast thread in due course ;)

Cheers and stay safe!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure we didn't miss anything dude, all the pit areas were pretty thoroughly tested.

It's like I am not allowed to be on the pits in the Urban. I managed to drive to it on the freeroam map where my spawn wasn't Urban and I could drive around no problem but I still wasn't able to drive onto the driveway of the house where the pits is. its like an invisible wall around it
What cars were you using, standard Kunos cars? or some mod cars?
If in doubt, use Kunos cars... or the quality mod cars available on Race Department.
If it happens again with those cars, show a screen of where it happens, making a note of which layout. Then I can take a look. Cheers!

Stunning track - easy 5 stars.

I have a question about a texture quality issue i experience on a few tracks, LA Canyons being one of them included. Road textures drop down in detail too close in, causing blurring of the road centre lines in particular (see attached pics). Any idea how this can be addressed - is this a configuration issue or does a track creator need to address by adjusting the texture LODs?

Attachments

• LODissue.jpg
    LODissue.jpg
    618.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_la_canyons_6-10-120-20-25-22.jpg
    Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_la_canyons_6-10-120-20-25-22.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 148
First try setting AF at 16X. If on a NV card, it might be better to force it via CP.
Then you can also force mip lod bias to values under 0 on CM (old way is via ini), to display more detailed mip-maps up closer. Beware that it can cause shimmering/moiré.

Last edited:
Thanks AlleyViper - i've had a play with those settings - 16x doesn't help much vs 8x, Increasing MIP LOD bias addresses the problem areas, BUT with substantial downsides - FPS gets hit hard, and the increase in texture detail across the board causes bad shimmering/moire. I wonder if tracks with road markings such as LA Canyons and Black Cat County need a different approach to LOD textures? Discussion threads on assettocorsamods.net indicate the best approach / result is when object LODs are generated by the modder. It seems to me we need higher detail track textures than we are getting served up beyond a certain distance when there are road markings.
@Phoenix77 - how does this narrative fit with your understanding of object LODs in AC?

Last edited:
I cannot get the traffic to work no matter what combo of settings/layout/AI cars I try. I get an "unexpected error" during loading every single time. I tried disabling every mod but CSP, figured it needed to be enabled. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

Phoenix77 submitted a new resource:

L.A Canyons - 42km circuit in the San Gabriel mountains, above Los Angeles

Read more about this resource...
Awesome track!!! I just purchase the Platinum VIP LA canyons and hope you can provide support on your other awesome PCH track. For some reason when I load the track, any car I pick the inside cockpit "shakes/trembles" on the screen, This is not happening in LAC. I am running Win10 with AC ContMgr 0.8.2146 and custom shaders pack 0.1.60 ID 1048, Sol Weather which is the recommended stable version from Content Manager. Any ideas?

Awesome track!!! I just purchase the Platinum VIP LA canyons and hope you can provide support on your other awesome PCH track. For some reason when I load the track, any car I pick the inside cockpit "shakes/trembles" on the screen, This is not happening in LAC. I am running Win10 with AC ContMgr 0.8.2146 and custom shaders pack 0.1.60 ID 1048, Sol Weather which is the recommended stable version from Content Manager. Any ideas?
This does happen sometimes on LAC as well. It's an issue with AC itself. If you're too far from the center of the map, things get a little shaky. Just start driving; it'll clear up as you get further away from the edge of the universe. ;)

Glad to say I have finally found out what has been the cause of my computer issues, that have been ongoing to a varying degree, most of this year! I thought power supply issues... No, RAM issues... No, SSD on it's way out... No.

In the end it turned out to Microsoft's atrocious Windows 10 updates, conflicting with multiple software I use, including extremely well known Malware and Anti-Virus programs... What a joke!!!!
microsoft_error.jpg

I still have the occasion freeze, but at least they're not after my PC has been on around 1/2 an hour!
I have lost one 1tb drive thanks to this, my old Windows 7 install drive, so not sure what I've lost!

Hopefully normal service will now resume! (well as normal as 2020 will allow)

Thanks AlleyViper - i've had a play with those settings - 16x doesn't help much vs 8x, Increasing MIP LOD bias addresses the problem areas, BUT with substantial downsides - FPS gets hit hard, and the increase in texture detail across the board causes bad shimmering/moire. I wonder if tracks with road markings such as LA Canyons and Black Cat County need a different approach to LOD textures? Discussion threads on assettocorsamods.net indicate the best approach / result is when object LODs are generated by the modder. It seems to me we need higher detail track textures than we are getting served up beyond a certain distance when there are road markings.
@Phoenix77 - how does this narrative fit with your understanding of object LODs in AC?

Thanks glad you're enjoying the Canyons!

It's nothing to do with LOD's, I think you're thinking of Mip Maps.
The road textures are 8192 along the road, by 2048 across... there's more than enough resolution.
The textures also include 8 MIPS, which somewhere, your Assetto config isn't displaying correctly.
lac_road_textures_info.jpg

I think a few pages back, there was a discussion regarding turning off AF in AC... And forcing x16 in the Nvidia Control Panel (more efficient).

The best way to do the centrelines would be to have separate, full res, roadlines as separate objects.
However with around 115km's of roads, this would result in around 300,000 polys to do this.

This will however be a thing for Pacific Coast, at a much more reasonable 23km's of road.
pch_v2.jpg

Pacific Coast WIP

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 45 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 74 59.2%