LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I cannot get the traffic to work no matter what combo of settings/layout/AI cars I try. I get an "unexpected error" during loading every single time. I tried disabling every mod but CSP, figured it needed to be enabled. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

All you have to do is select one of the traffic layouts, select a number of AI cars, and select RACE mode.

You can alternatively try TRACKDAY mode, which will use AI Flood (New AI Behaviour in CSP settings)
Depending on which version of CSP you're using... You may run into issues. If you get issues while using TRACKDAY mode... Use RACE mode instead.

AI Flood is a great feature, but it is a work in progress, if you can get it working properly I'd recommend it. It has however given me way too many questions, clogging up all of my inboxes, making it difficult for me to reply to actual questions regarding my tracks.

If in doubt, Use RACE mode! :)

EDIT - You also need a certain version of CSP to use Sol correctly... Make sure you have the version Sol needs to run correctly!

Last edited:
I can't wait to start exploring. He hinted that there's more "hidden" things, I assume like the crashed UFO in the current version.

My neighbor has a fully-restored Porsche 356 Speedster, and fortunately, I found an incredibly accurate mod of it. Even the horsepower is correct. It's a "slow" car (my neighbor's only gets to about 65mph if he really pushes it), and with it's wide open driver's compartment, it's perfect to drive around in this mod to take in all its' glory.
Where can I get Porsche 356 Speedster mod?

HI, I have one Question. Is there any chance that I can set up on my own dedicated server that we can spawn with our friends on one point and not that we need to hunt each other for 20min?
thanks a lot

HI, I have one Question. Is there any chance that I can set up on my own dedicated server that we can spawn with our friends on one point and not that we need to hunt each other for 20min?
thanks a lot
The main spawn points are only like 20-30 seconds from each other..

Kunos minimap and track map display will help you learn real fast where they are..

This is driving me nuts. I can drive on the single LA Canyon circuit layouts.. BUT when i try and load and drive the tourist or freeroam . Car get s to track for about 5-10 seconds then AC craps out to desktop. getting this message f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

This is driving me nuts. I can drive on the single LA Canyon circuit layouts.. BUT when i try and load and drive the tourist or freeroam . Car get s to track for about 5-10 seconds then AC craps out to desktop. getting this message f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

I suffered from this issue some time ago and after a long time of digging and trouble shooting I finally got hinted that the culprit for these type of crashes is one (or a combination of) CSP settings.

I do not recall the exact setting but here is what you look for:

- Search the CSP settings section that includes a couple of CPU and GPU related optimizations.
- untick ALL OF THEM
- start a session that previously crashed and confirm that it is running now
- re-enable the CSP optimization settings ONE by ONE and confirm that you can boot properly into a session after each re-enabling of each single function un til you confirm which of the optimizations causes the crash for you

Problems with track day single direction and two direction traffic in VIP version of the track.

I never really could make the traffic options work with this track.
The major issue always was that the AI will simply stop in the middle of the road causing traffic jams every where around the track.

What are the recommended CSP settings for best results to run traffic?

Apologies if this is too noob of a question but, if I'm just tooling around in LA Canyons, is there a way to determine what pit I end up in if I teleport (read: crash)? Is it always the closest? Or the one you were initially spawned in? Is there some way to cycle through?

Apologies if this is too noob of a question but, if I'm just tooling around in LA Canyons, is there a way to determine what pit I end up in if I teleport (read: crash)? Is it always the closest? Or the one you were initially spawned in? Is there some way to cycle through?
it's always the one where you spawn originally
i don't know any tools to change that in-game, that would be interesting !

If you use the BLM Car app, it has a "back" feature that will put you back on the track near where you left it. Triggers a cut warning, but if you're just trying to learn a long track, so what? Nice tool.
and today i use the "bookmark" option for the first time. What a day.
been looking for a "reset car" feature while testing the track for so long now...thanks for the tips!

I am getting this error trying join a server called ABAC-05/RaceManiacs LA Canyons running Mt.Lawlor Tourist

This is the error I get f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

I suffered from this issue some time ago and after a long time of digging and trouble shooting I finally got hinted that the culprit for these type of crashes is one (or a combination of) CSP settings.

I do not recall the exact setting but here is what you look for:

- Search the CSP settings section that includes a couple of CPU and GPU related optimizations.
- untick ALL OF THEM
- start a session that previously crashed and confirm that it is running now
- re-enable the CSP optimization settings ONE by ONE and confirm that you can boot properly into a session after each re-enabling of each single function un til you confirm which of the optimizations causes the crash for you

Dick!! thanks for the Reply.. found the area in CM unchecked everything... still crashing on me with this error . f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

UGH

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 36 38.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 51 54.3%