LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey guys - hoping someone can help me out.

trying to install this tracks by manually moving the folders (using free version of content manager so I cant access to "mods" tab to enable)
heres what I tried so far:
I tried moving the entire MODS folder into the Assetto common folder.
I tried moving the 3 folders inside MODS into the Assetto common folder.
I tried moving the 3 folders inside MODS into the content/tracks folder.

and nothing has worked for me yet.
There is an Install Guide in the 7zip archive, did you start there?

Hey guys - hoping someone can help me out.

trying to install this tracks by manually moving the folders (using free version of content manager so I cant access to "mods" tab to enable)
heres what I tried so far:
I tried moving the entire MODS folder into the Assetto common folder.
I tried moving the 3 folders inside MODS into the Assetto common folder.
I tried moving the 3 folders inside MODS into the content/tracks folder.

and nothing has worked for me yet.

Have you downloaded the jsgme mod installer?

I feel dumb for asking but how does pursuit mode work?
well you need to install NFS hot pursuit.

Ok no (i'm joking), the pursuit mode is just a layout where the spawns are in order, in two different area of the map
so if a server is correctly set up with it, you could have "cop" cars in one place, and "robber" cars on another
there isn't any AI solo mod or anything

Last edited:
well you need to install NFS hot pursuit.

Ok no, the pursuit mode is just a layout where the spawns are in order, in two different area of the map
so if a server is correctly set up with it, you could have "cop" cars in one place, and "robber" cars on another
there isn't any AI solo mod or anything
Thank you very much i wasnt too sure how it worked! Is the NFS Hot Pursuit mod on race department?

hi @Phoenix77 I bought your vip version, it's so amazing to drive, congrats to you, it's a masterpiece.

Unfortunately I can drive only without motion, the roads are bumpy and shaky like hell. It feels like a off-road track just because of the excessive amounts of bumps.

Don't know exactly but there should be a way by smoothing the mesh afaik.

Thanks, really glad you're enjoying it Peat... I don't have a motion rig so hard for me to advise, maybe there's an FFB setting that can be dialed back... Maybe the FFB's 'Road effect' setting? Also IIRC the minimum force setting had quite an effect on wheel shaking.. Mines low at 3%, again I wouldn't know if that affects motion rigs.

The top of Mount Wilson is under 9km's from the 0,0,0 point of the track... So it should be reasonably ok from a physics range point of view. Certain cars may increase the issue though.

All I know is these guys from VR Motorsports in Brisbane didn't seem to have many issues (apart from being scared lol). Also if you have to social distance... you may as well do it 2m from the ground :D
lac_on_full_motion_rigs.jpg
Cheers to @BrainsBush for offering some feedback :thumbsup:

Last edited:
When I setup pursuit up both cops and robbers spawn in the same spot - the beginning. It would be great if there was a mini guide how to set this up properly

Inside every Layout folder... Inside the assettocorsa\content\tracks\la_canyons folder is a text document going into details of the layout... Including Pit Box number/location (to be used in conjuction with the area_map)

This is what's in the Pursuit layouts text document... (e.g. assettocorsa\content\tracks\la_canyons\pursuit)

Pit Locations
---------------------
Group A Pits (32 slots)
------------------------------------
0 - 9 (x10 slots) Regular Start
16 - 26 (x11 slots) Regular Start
33 - 39 (x7 slots) Regular Start
46 - 49 (x4 slots) Regular Start

Group B Pits (18 slots)
10 - 12 - (x3 slots) Clear Creek
13 - 15 - (x3 slots) Angeles Crest Hwy (Near Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Rd)
27 - 32 - (x6 slots) Mount Lawlor
40 - 45 - (x6 slots) Hidden Springs

These pit boxes are numbered/placed so that if you host only a 16 car server
You have 10 'Group A' cars at the regular start. Then 3 'Group B' cars at Clear Creek
and 3 'Group B' cars a similar distance in the other direction.
As you host more slots, another 6 'Group B' car points are at Mount Lawlor,
then 6 more at Hidden Springs. Surrounding the Group A start location.

Group A is supposed to be for 'Getaway' vehicles.... Group B is supposed to be for Police...

The timer starts in either directions from the Regular Start with the 'evade' line on the other side of the map... Near the junction of Angeles Forest Highway and Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Road.

Inside every Layout folder... Inside the assettocorsa\content\tracks\la_canyons folder is a text document going into details of the layout... Including Pit Box number/location (to be used in conjuction with the area_map)

This is what's in the Pursuit layouts text document... (e.g. assettocorsa\content\tracks\la_canyons\pursuit)

Pit Locations
---------------------
Group A Pits (32 slots)
0 - 9 (x10 slots) Regular Start
16 - 26 (x11 slots) Regular Start
33 - 39 (x7 slots) Regular Start
46 - 49 (x4 slots) Regular Start

Group B Pits (18 slots)
10 - 12 - (x3 slots) Clear Creek
13 - 15 - (x3 slots) Angeles Crest Hwy (Near Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Rd)
27 - 32 - (x6 slots) Mount Lawlor
40 - 45 - (x6 slots) Hidden Springs

These pit boxes are numbered/placed so that if you host only a 16 car server
You have 10 'Group A' cars at the regular start. Then 3 'Group B' cars at Clear Creek
and 3 'Group B' cars a similar distance in the other direction.
As you host more slots, another 6 'Group B' car points are at Mount Lawlor,
then 6 more at Hidden Springs. Surrounding the Group A start location.

Group A is supposed to be for 'Getaway' vehicles.... Group B is supposed to be for Police...

The timer starts in either directions from the Regular Start with the 'evade' line on the other side of the map... Near the junction of Angeles Forest Highway and Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Road.
Aww thanks for replying to me! Armed with this new info' I'm sure I can now work it out. Thanks again and I love your work - and Ben Bro's

@Fenasi_Kerim @Fenası Kerım
you forgot your password ?

For your information. Lot of things don't come for free in life.
But the 42km track around La Canyon does.
Think about it ;)

Ps; I don't think you were old enough to browse the internet a decade ago.

Nicely said dude, but I doubt they will reply... It's just a burner account (like the previous account) used to down vote mods.

"VIP thing on a game map is just weirdest thing i saw on internet for last decade"

This 'VIP Thing' as they call it helped us to send £200 to the NHS to help protect health care workers on the frontline, fighting to save lives from a serious threat in this decade.

If they want to do nothing useful with their life, signing up just to leave a 1 star review, 3 minutes later.. So be it, let karma do it's work :)
You'd think most people would learn from the current global situation and maybe... grow. Apparently this doesn't apply to everyone.

It is however a shame these people tarnish any kind of 'Rating' system used in the @RaceDepartment community.

In other news, I've gathered up most of the High Resolution textures and have almost compiled the pack... So anyone with Platinum will hopefully Soon™ have access to this (VR or slower computers need not apply lol) These are, in my opinion a lot of 'Buck for the Bang' but it's what I worked from so I thought I may as well make them available.
View attachment 370585
View attachment 370584View attachment 370583View attachment 370586
The terrain textures I've so far managed to get in game are 'only' 12,288 x 12,288.... This seems the largest I can get working from the original 75,000 x 75,000 Satellite Image I lined the roads up to. Which makes the Hubble Ultra Deep Field image (6,200 x 6,200) seem low resolution in comparison :D

Hell yeah...now this is something I can look forward to enjoying when i get my upgraded rig and a wheel (so I can finally call my self a "real" sim racer :whistling: ;))

But seriously nice one for still adding stuff and improving this awesome project.
Oh and a big nice one for giving some money to the NHS :thumbsup:

Hell yeah...now this is something I can look forward to enjoying when i get my upgraded rig and a wheel (so I can finally call my self a "real" sim racer :whistling: ;))

But seriously nice one for still adding stuff and improving this awesome project.
Oh and a big nice one for giving some money to the NHS :thumbsup:
Awesome, good news about an upgraded rig and wheel (your first wheel? If so that'll be a huge difference)
The Higher Resolution textures are a lot of buck for the bang... But they're what I originally worked from, so I thought I may as well compile them all, and make them available.

There will always be things I will want to add... But some of these things need to be balanced with performance. Anyway next up will be Pacific Coast, at a tiny 23km... the scope for details on that project will be approximately 4x that of the Canyons :)

Doing something to help, that may save lives in the current situation had to be done. If anyone else can do anything to help, the JustGiving page is here... https://nhscharitiestogether.justgiving.com/ Obviously if you're not from the UK... You may want to do similar to help your countries health system in this time of need.

Awesome, good news about an upgraded rig and wheel (your first wheel? If so that'll be a huge difference)
The Higher Resolution textures are a lot of buck for the bang... But they're what I originally worked from, so I thought I may as well compile them all, and make them available.

There will always be things I will want to add... But some of these things need to be balanced with performance. Anyway next up will be Pacific Coast, at a tiny 23km... the scope for details on that project will be approximately 4x that of the Canyons :)

Doing something to help, that may save lives in the current situation had to be done. If anyone else can do anything to help, the JustGiving page is here... https://nhscharitiestogether.justgiving.com/ Obviously if you're not from the UK... You may want to do similar to help your countries health system in this time of need.

I'm still going to try out your higher res textures if they arrive before the new system does, but I doubt I'll get more than 20fps so I'll make sure to back up the old files ;) and of course you have to balance performance to keep everyone happy but thanks for giving us the option of making it look even better (not that it doesn't already look great lol)

Are you planning on rebuilding Pacific Coast again?

Oh and yeah it'll be my first wheel so lets just say I'm a tiny bit excited :D

Are you planning on rebuilding Pacific Coast again?
Not so much rebuilding (although will redo the FFB meshes as I previously thought 23kms was big), more tidying up things... then applying much better textures. Redoing all Roadsigns, Guardrails, trees, bushes, road details etc etc...

Oh and yeah it'll be my first wheel so lets just say I'm a tiny bit excited
Awesome, you'll love the difference it will make to your driving :)

Need some help. I get checksum failed when joining servers... I purchased platinum and have problems activating VIP and main at the same time.. The installation guide makes no sense... It asks me to install main, but then I cannot a tivate main and vip at the same time..

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.