LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Need some help. I get checksum failed when joining servers... I purchased platinum and have problems activating VIP and main at the same time.. The installation guide makes no sense... It asks me to install main, but then I cannot a tivate main and vip at the same time..
I installed this when it was released so I might be a bit wrong here but from memory I think you have to install the "free" version first, then copy your platinum files into the LACanyons folder. This should be enough to have the platinum features "activated". If you search this thread there are probably more detailed instructions but I think this is what you have to do.

Need some help. I get checksum failed when joining servers... I purchased platinum and have problems activating VIP and main at the same time.. The installation guide makes no sense... It asks me to install main, but then I cannot a tivate main and vip at the same time..

Are you using Content Manager? If so free or paid version? If you're not using it at all or only the free version I'm assuming you are using jsgme to install LA Canyons?

I installed this when it was released so I might be a bit wrong here but from memory I think you have to install the "free" version first, then copy your platinum files into the LACanyons folder. This should be enough to have the platinum features "activated". If you search this thread there are probably more detailed instructions but I think this is what you have to do.

But that's what I did according to the manuals.. It said to install LA CAnyons 1.2 main first, and I did that.. I put the main version's mods folder in AC root, just like the PDF guide said, and then I installed the VIP's mods folder to root also, just as the PDF said.. But in CM I cannot activate both of them, only one at a time.. @Phoenix77 can you elaborate what you meant on this guide?
I'm using CM @onearmedbandit46

@Kim Rene Mossige if you're using the paid version of CM then try installing it via the Mod's folder method and enable it in Content Manager<content<mods

Alternatively if you have the free version of CM download jsgme mod installer from this site and install it via the Mod folder method using jsgme.
lac.jpg
lac1.jpg

But that's what I did according to the manuals.. It said to install LA CAnyons 1.2 main first, and I did that.. I put the main version's mods folder in AC root, just like the PDF guide said, and then I installed the VIP's mods folder to root also, just as the PDF said.. But in CM I cannot activate both of them, only one at a time.. @Phoenix77 can you elaborate what you meant on this guide?

From this it sounds like you are just dragging the MODS folders into your AC folder which won't work unless you have JSGME installed. If you can't do it using the method @onearmedbandit46 has described above then do the following:
Open the LA_Canyons_1.2_Main_(200202) zip file and then double click the MODS folder in there
Now double click the LA Canyons 1.2 - Main folder and drag the contents folder into your Assetto Corsa folder.
Do the same with the LA Canyons 1.2 - Hide Pit Crew and Highway Patrol Skins (if you want to use these)
Now open the LA_Canyons_1.2_VIP_Platinum_200202 zip file and do the same to the folders in here (go to MODS, drag content folder etc)
Your LA Canyons folder should now look like this

LA Canyons Folder Structure.jpg

@Kim Rene Mossige if you're using the paid version of CM then try installing it via the Mod's folder method and enable it in Content Manager<content<mods

Alternatively if you have the free version of CM download jsgme mod installer from this site and install it via the Mod folder method using jsgme.View attachment 375821View attachment 375823

I mean that's where it fails. I activate both main and VIP from within CM mods window, and I get an error message when adding "LAC Main" and "LAC VIP Premium" at the same time.. I don't know why, I followed the guide exactly as it said.

1590329419853.png

@krissboo the MODS folder is supposed to be dropped in AC root, the guide says so, and I've done this for other mods aswell.. I even have some mods I've made myself and activated via MODS without issue

I mean that's where it fails. I activate both main and VIP from within CM mods window, and I get an error message when adding "LAC Main" and "LAC VIP Premium" at the same time.. I don't know why, I followed the guide exactly as it said.

View attachment 375833

@krissboo the MODS folder is supposed to be dropped in AC root, the guide says so, and I've done this for other mods aswell.. I even have some mods I've made myself and activated via MODS without issue

Are you activating in JSGME?? Try doing that instead of in Content Manager

Ok, that will be why it isn't working. If you're not using JGSME then you need to do install it manually.
Follow my instructions in my previous post and you should be ok. ...but shout me if you get stuck or need any help on anything.

Thanks, but that's where I get confused.. I used to install LAC Main 1.2 manually before.. But now the guide said to install it as a mod instead.. And I'm confused why the VIP Premium states that I NEED LAC Main 1.2, but at the same time it's not possible to use it with LAC VIP.. Because many of the files from LAC VIP are overwriting the LAC Main.. I need to hear from @Phoenix77 what he means with the manual, and why he states that Main is needed if it is not really needed in the end.

I would just ignore that and do it the old way. If you open the zip and then go into the MOD folder in there you can do it the way you are used to.

Last edited:
And you don't have to as CM Mods Manager is essentially an integrated JSGME.
Except that with a lot of mods, such as this one, it doesn't work and JSGME does...setting up a mod to work with JSGME is easy (just add the 'MODS' folder, done) there is no documented process to make CM mod manager work with your mod.

You've enabled the LA Canyons 1.2 - VIP Platinum before 1st enabling the LA Canyons 1.2 - Main as it says right at the top of the Mains Install Guide!
Install Guide - Main (3).jpg

Once the LA Canyons 1.2 - Main is installed / enabled... then move on to... the VIP Platinum
Which also states that you need to have installed the main version before installing the VIP. Let the VIP Platinum files overwrite any files from the Main (click YES)
Install Guide - VIP Full (Platinum) a.jpg

As you can clearly see in your screenshot... You're trying to overwrite VIP files with the Main files
You need to do it the other way around, as stated.
WRONG.jpg

I personally use JSGME as it's independent to Content Manager, just in case... something gets changed with CM... As it can sometimes do. Therefore I know where I stand. This is an example of the order I enable things.......
JSGME_B.jpg

But as long as the LA Canyons 1.2 - Main is installed first you can do it in any order you like....
You do most certainly need the main, as this has a lot of the base files! And I'd 100% recommend installing the MODS folder method, just so it's easy to turn things on/off incase you want to show the Wrong Way Sign/Flags again for example.

Hope this helps get you out of the mess you've got yourself into :D

By the way... thanks everyone for offering help and advice, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Except that with a lot of mods, such as this one, it doesn't work and JSGME does...setting up a mod to work with JSGME is easy (just add the 'MODS' folder, done) there is no documented process to make CM mod manager work with your mod.
You mean drag and drop or even when copying to MODS folder and activating via CM?
I've never had issues with latter but may be I am a bit short on mods installed comparing to others.

Hi all
With the main free version. The replay cam does not keep a track of the car. Which means I can't watch the replays.
I've also recently downloaded the platinum version and it seems to be the same case.

Looking in the folders I can only see
Camera.ini

No other cameras are within the folder.

Can these be downloaded separately?

Hi all
With the main free version. The replay cam does not keep a track of the car. Which means I can't watch the replays.
I've also recently downloaded the platinum version and it seems to be the same case.

Looking in the folders I can only see
Camera.ini

No other cameras are within the folder.

Can these be downloaded separately?
Refer to the Layout Guide included with all zip files, to see which layouts have a Raceable AI line... You need an AI line to have switchable cams!
layout_guide.jpg

Please refer to the included Guides they're there for a reason ;)
Cheers!

You've enabled the LA Canyons 1.2 - VIP Platinum before 1st enabling the LA Canyons 1.2 - Main as it says right at the top of the Mains Install Guide!
View attachment 376062
Once the LA Canyons 1.2 - Main is installed / enabled... then move on to... the VIP Platinum
Which also states that you need to have installed the main version before installing the VIP. Let the VIP Platinum files overwrite any files from the Main (click YES)
View attachment 376063
As you can clearly see in your screenshot... You're trying to overwrite VIP files with the Main files
You need to do it the other way around, as stated.
View attachment 376065
I personally use JSGME as it's independent to Content Manager, just in case... something gets changed with CM... As it can sometimes do. Therefore I know where I stand. This is an example of the order I enable things.......
View attachment 376066
But as long as the LA Canyons 1.2 - Main is installed first you can do it in any order you like....
You do most certainly need the main, as this has a lot of the base files! And I'd 100% recommend installing the MODS folder method, just so it's easy to turn things on/off incase you want to show the Wrong Way Sign/Flags again for example.

Hope this helps get you out of the mess you've got yourself into :D

By the way... thanks everyone for offering help and advice, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Hey man! Unfortunately I get error when installing Main first also.. Look below.. I tried installing Main first and then VIP, but I still get the error message. They just won't work together. I get conflict no matter what I do..

1590446489616.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back