LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
hello everyone I would like to know why I am not part of LAC Two way, sorry for this error but it is the first time that I use it. Error is this

Either race parameters are wrong, or track might be broken, containing no starting positions

Hi lads, apologies, Im relatively new to the modding part of AC and i was just wondering how do i get this map installed properly? I've tried dragging the folder into assetto root folder and also tried dragging it to the content manager and downloading it from there, either way the map does not appear on the tracklist, is it possible that I am doing something wrong here?

doing something wrong here?
Typically all tracks are installed by placing all their files and subfolders from the downloaded archive into "..\content\tracks\******" and the "******" is the specific name of the folder that the track has. So for LAC - "..\content\tracks\la_canyons\" is where all files and subfolders from the "..\la_canyons\" in the archive have to be for the track to work. Just clean all that you put in the wrong place so you don't waste storage space.

I started hosting an LA Canyons server, and the server itself is working great. But, unlike all the other LA Canyons servers available, when me and friends spawn in (or return to pit) we are all going to different locations all over the map. Does anyone know of a server setting where I can select specific pit boxes for spawning in?

I'm using AC Server Manager, so if there is something in there I can adjust that would be great, otherwise I can directly edit the server cfg. I also have the list of pit box locations from LAC so it shouldn't be a problem to map those out once I know the actual command.

I've tried to install this track. (dragged and dropped on Content Manager)
It said "Successfully installed" but then I can't find the track when trying to launch it on Single Player, or any Online servers.

I've tried restarting both CM and my pc, tried re-installing the track, doesn't work for me... Can never find the track

It said "Successfully installed" but then I can't find the track when trying to launch it on Single Player, or any Online servers.

I've tried restarting both CM and my pc, tried re-installing the track, doesn't work for me... Can never find the track
I've never used drag&drop and all my tracks are working ;)

Go two messages earlier and alekabul explained it nicely where to put a track

Hello, I want to drive with AI on the main version of the mod on track day mode but whatever the layout I choose, the game loads and then I get the message "unexpected error", followed by a black screen (but all the apps are visible and working, I just can't see the track, I hear no sound, and my transmission is locked in reverse) or the impossibility to drive (I see the track, I can use all apps and cameras, but I just can't drive the car, the engine is off and I can't steer or move the accelerator, the brake or the clutch).

Hi everyone, I hope you're all staying safe in these challenging times, and if My & @Ben O'Bro 's work is helping you keep safe, and pass any lockdown time in style, then that's awesome! If you have reliable enough internet (mine has been a little hit & miss lately) join one of the many servers and have some virtual car meets! Just search Canyons :)

Hi,

I've just installed canyons 1.2. It appears on menu (Asseto Corsa and content manager). But both, when I try to start a race on this track, it opens a dialog box "track not found".

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Install Guide - Main (2).jpg
Any "Track Not Found" messages are most likely you haven't installed/enabled the Main Track 1st as instructed in the Install Guide.

Hi, ivr also just purchased the traffic pac and when i try to launch it via cm it gives me the errors and crashes...

AC\trackavatar.cpp (398): TrackAvatar::init3D
AC\trackavatar.cpp (59): TrackAvatar::TrackAvatar
AC\sim.cpp (1066): Sim::loadTrack
AC\racemanager.cpp (351): RaceManager::initOffline
AC\racemanager.cpp (174): RaceManager::loadSessions
AC\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
AC\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

one way versions work fine.
Sorry I really have no idea what is causing your error. Maybe someone else knows more about this than I do?

AI doesn't seem to work for Mt. Wilson Downhill. They don't move after the start.
layout_guide.jpg
If you refer to the above Layout Guide, included in all 7zips & at the download page on my store... Mount Wilson (Downhill) has no AI Racing.
This is simply because I decided to split the starting grid over 2 roads... (So you have an initial race to the junction, as overtaking is difficult for the rest of the 5 mile road) Online race events should work just fine. If you want to race Mt Wilson downhill, host or join a server.
lac_wdh_starts.jpg

How can I edit surface friction for the road? surfaces.ini has custom values for everything but the road.
The surfaces.ini has pretty much only custom values for the roads 27 of them IIRC (Which also vary slightly between layouts)
If you want to change surface friction use the overall Track Grip setting...
track_grip.jpg
If you change anything, in any of the surfaces.ini you will have mismatches online (for servers that use these files to prevent cheating)

Hi lads, apologies, Im relatively new to the modding part of AC and i was just wondering how do i get this map installed properly? I've tried dragging the folder into assetto root folder and also tried dragging it to the content manager and downloading it from there, either way the map does not appear on the tracklist, is it possible that I am doing something wrong here?
I've never installed anything in Content Manager using Drag & Drop... Instead use the mod enabler section of CM (Full Version AFAIK)
Or download JSGME and install the MODS folder method... ** which you can get here **
Always make sure to enable the Main Track first before any VIP Extras

I started hosting an LA Canyons server, and the server itself is working great. But, unlike all the other LA Canyons servers available, when me and friends spawn in (or return to pit) we are all going to different locations all over the map. Does anyone know of a server setting where I can select specific pit boxes for spawning in?
I'm using AC Server Manager, so if there is something in there I can adjust that would be great, otherwise I can directly edit the server cfg. I also have the list of pit box locations from LAC so it shouldn't be a problem to map those out once I know the actual command.
Use the Freeroam layout, this has all the Pit Boxes grouped near each other!
Sounds like you're using either the Freeroam Distant or Freeroam VIP layouts... Which intentionally spreads the Pit Boxes all over the map, making use of the huge area.

Hello, I want to drive with AI on the main version of the mod on track day mode but whatever the layout I choose, the game loads and then I get the message "unexpected error", followed by a black screen (but all the apps are visible and working, I just can't see the track, I hear no sound, and my transmission is locked in reverse) or the impossibility to drive (I see the track, I can use all apps and cameras, but I just can't drive the car, the engine is off and I can't steer or move the accelerator, the brake or the clutch).
Not sure what's happening here, but it's unlikely due to LA Canyons... Seems like you have an error somewhere else?
Maybe a mod car with an issue, maybe a conflicting app? If in doubt, troubleshoot by temporarily disabling all apps, use official Kunos cars, and maybe try on another track, Kunos Brands Hatch is good to test on as it's tiny :D

If I have already answered any of these questions elsewhere, Email / Facebook / Discord / RD Inbox then... As everyone seems to use different names all over the Internet... Then excuse me repeating myself :D

In other news, I've gathered up most of the High Resolution textures and have almost compiled the pack... So anyone with Platinum will hopefully Soon™ have access to this (VR or slower computers need not apply lol) These are, in my opinion a lot of 'Buck for the Bang' but it's what I worked from so I thought I may as well make them available.
HR_Texture_Pack_2.jpg

food_bear_HD.jpg
HR_Texture_Pack.jpg
HR_Texture_Pack_4.jpg

The terrain textures I've so far managed to get in game are 'only' 12,288 x 12,288.... This seems the largest I can get working from the original 75,000 x 75,000 Satellite Image I lined the roads up to. Which makes the Hubble Ultra Deep Field image (6,200 x 6,200) seem low resolution in comparison :D

If you haven't seen it yet... Check out Mikey's awesome Gone in 60 Seconds / Pursuit style video using LA Canyons & @A3DR & @aphidgod 's awesome car mods. Some amazing editing skills!

Here's another great video from Rusty Russell... A Nostalgic drive, again with the awesome NFS cars! And a Lazerhawk - The King of the Streets soundtrack :)

And if you ever need a Getaway driver... This is your man :D
A great but dangerous drive through traffic in the canyons! Again using the awesome NFS - Ferrari Testarossa!

Thanks to everyone for all the amazing LA Canyons videos, too many to count... I love how they're all unique and have their own style!

hi @Phoenix77 I bought your vip version, it's so amazing to drive, congrats to you, it's a masterpiece.

Unfortunately I can drive only without motion, the roads are bumpy and shaky like hell. It feels like a off-road track just because of the excessive amounts of bumps.

Don't know exactly but there should be a way by smoothing the mesh afaik.

hi @Phoenix77 I bought your vip version, it's so amazing to drive, congrats to you, it's a masterpiece.

Unfortunately I can drive only without motion, the roads are bumpy and shaky like hell. It feels like a off-road track just because of the excessive amounts of bumps.

Don't know exactly but there should be a way by smoothing the mesh afaik.
Hi Peat, Hopefully ok to comment on this? I also have a motion platform (NLR v3) but for me the roads and its bumpiness are ok. All sliders in NLR have the default values
Is it a specific road on this track? If you want I can do the same testing. Grtz Brian

Hi Peat, Hopefully ok to comment on this? I also have a motion platform (NLR v3) but for me the roads and its bumpiness are ok. All sliders in NLR have the default values
Is it a specific road on this track? If you want I can do the same testing. Grtz Brian
Hi BrainsBush, thanks for chiming in and thank you for willing to help :). I started from the top of the Mount Wilson (Downhill), Porsche 917/30 Spyder. My DIY simulation platform is powered by SimTools. Did not try another track of LA Canyons on the motion sim or an other car (yet). If needed, I can upload a short video for demonstration purposes. No need to say that all other tracks in AC, especially mods (SimTRAXX etc etc) do not show any issues. This evening I am going to test other maps and cars of LA Canyons as well.

Hi BrainsBush, thanks for chiming in and thank you for willing to help :). I started from the top of the Mount Wilson (Downhill), Porsche 917/30 Spyder. My DIY simulation platform is powered by SimTools. Did not try another track of LA Canyons on the motion sim or an other car (yet). If needed, I can upload a short video for demonstration purposes. No need to say that all other tracks in AC, especially mods (SimTRAXX etc etc) do not show any issues. This evening I am going to test other maps and cars of LA Canyons as well.
You are right! This very stiff bumpy Porsche 917/30 in combination with the crooked tarmac/asphalt results in a very shaky motion 'experience'. I completed it all the way down to the Picnic area but I need new teeth. Then I selected the Porsche 911 GT3 RS and that feels connected to the road and gives the subtle shake effects not that 'clutched eggs' feeling.

I thought this limitation was well known by this point, but this shaking is the result of the sheer size (as in square miles/kilometres) of the map, nothing the maker can do about it, the AC physics engine becomes imprecise far out from the 0,0,0-coordinates of the map, especially at slow speeds

Hey guys - hoping someone can help me out.

trying to install this tracks by manually moving the folders (using free version of content manager so I cant access to "mods" tab to enable)
heres what I tried so far:
I tried moving the entire MODS folder into the Assetto common folder.
I tried moving the 3 folders inside MODS into the Assetto common folder.
I tried moving the 3 folders inside MODS into the content/tracks folder.

and nothing has worked for me yet.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes