Welcome to the RaceDepartment Community. Use this thread to introduce yourself and receive a warm welcome in return :inlove:

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Downloading mods on RD is free but requires an membership account. Have you registered an account and are you logged in?

Q: I still don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Make sure after your register your account you confirm this account first via the email we send after you sign-up. Can't find this confirmation email? Check your spambox if needed as we always send an email. Double check if you have spelled your emailaddress correctly or search in your inbox for "info@racedepartment.com".

Q: How do I race with you guys on RaceDepartment.com?
A: We offer top quality online races for our premium members. You can upgrade your account here: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/upgrades

Follow RaceDepartment on Social Media
Thanks community for your continuous support, you're awesome

Hello all!

I’m a professional videogame developer with 25 years’ experience, and have been fortunate to have worked on some notable racing titles including Geoff Crammond’s Grand Prix 3, Moto GP ‘07, PURE, Split/Second and Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2013).

I’ve been a racing game fan for the longest time but only recently got properly into SimRacing, where I’m currently sinking a lot of time and money into Assetto Corsa and Fanatec respectively. Not long after discovering that AC could be modded to not only look prettier (which is really important to me as a games artist), but add and modify tracks, I found Race Department.

I’ve downloaded a lot of content from this resource, and feel that I need to give something back. Before getting into full on track development, I’ve been casually tinkering with creating my own ‘winter testing’ versions of Donington Park and Silverstone. Sharing those without prior permission would be unfair to the original author (Brun) and legally dubious in Silverstone’s case (Kunos), though I may share skins for those at some point rather than the full reworked asset files.

In the meantime here is a link to my first livery collection inspired by the MSV M4 MASTER driving experience in the UK:

M4_Header.jpg

I’ll be driving at a couple of these sessions for real at Donington Park and Brands Hatch next year. I’m currently spending hours practicing (2756km/1712mi mostly at Donington so far), and I wanted to simulate the experience as best as I can to mitigate nerves through building familiarity.

I haven’t belonged or engaged in any ‘non-work’ related internet forums for a long time, but it’s great to be here and to be able to contribute to the community (when time allows)!

Drive safe, race clean…

Jon

Hello there, Im new here and I like playing EA sports games like need for speed Shift and Need for speed shift 2 Unleashed, I also like playing the gran turismo games. I think I will enjoy this community a lot.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.