Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey, all. Just been having fun driving this (my first ever mod car download!). Mostly picked it cos I wanted to try *any* mod and it looked like a good one :D

Teeny niggle: I noticed (while playing with the tyre LUTs) that the front semi-slick LUT is also used for the rears, presumably by accident. They are identical in the as-shipped mod anyway though...

I've never driven this car IRL, and I didn't even know if it was FWD or RWD. After driving a couple of laps I decided (from the handling) that it was FWD (!!) and only when I was spinning the wheels while watching from a side view did I realise that the rears were the ones spinning :confused:

Is the real car so tail-unhappy (to coin a phrase :D)?
I was basically having to drive it just like a FWD...

You can't even tell if a car is FWD or RWD yet you are messing with the tire LUTs? WTF?
LOL. Not sure if that's humour, trolling, or a genuine misunderstanding of what I wrote :p
But it really did feel like either an AWD or a FWD.

When I tightened up the diff, it felt more like a normal RWD.
But with the original setup, it had lift-off oversteer, power understeer, and was basically impossible to provoke into a power slide. Donuts were out of the question. So pretty much like a FWD in my book. I've driven (real) RWD cars without an LSD before and even they were way more tail-happy.

I don't think all 4 versión behave like your say, I tried the type r and it feels just ok
When something feels wrong you should always provide some video of the driving or something else, to help the modder understand, not just plain text saying it behaves like a fwd

I don't think all 4 versión behave like your say, I tried the type r and it feels just ok
When something feels wrong you should always provide some video of the driving or something else, to help the modder understand, not just plain text saying it behaves like a fwd
Whoops, I forgot to mention above that it was the NSX-R I was driving too! :)

Please note: I wasn't saying it was wrong, I was saying it surprised me, and asking if that's how the real car behaves. In my reply to Michael, I described my experience in a bit more detail. However I have no reason to think this isn't how the real car performs.

I'm not saying either that your comment is wrong but it helps much better to understart the issue if it's real with more than just text, video for example, track, corner, etc. If helping with the mod is the real point of the thing here.

Well, explaining the trivial problem with the LUT file was intended to help.
The comment about the handling was neither help nor criticism; it was just me expressing surprise and asking if that's like real life. I expect that the people who know how the real car handles can answer that question best.
But everyone who has driven the mod can answer (as you've done) to say if they agree/disagree with my interpretation of the handling...

Names of LUTs are cosmetic, in fact I don't think any Kunos tires have different values in the front table vs. the rear table. I'll still take a look (thanks) but it's a non-issue.

As for the spring and damper setup, that wasn't a part of the car(s) that I touched (except in the Acura S1) but as far as i could tell by seeing the RL numbers, David set it up correctly. The base model is super soft but the R feels great to me.

Yup. I even peeked into a built-in car's data.acd and found that although multiple LUTs were supplied, it was only using the front file for both front and rear! :D

Regarding the handling, it's probably just me. But apart from the suspension setup, the diff is the only thing that caught my eye (and indeed the handling changed dramatically when I tweaked it). I guess it's also set up to match the real car though?

thanks very much for the update :)

noticed there are some issues with the fake shadow on some of the LODs, not sure if its all variants or not. Acura S1 definitely is affected. It is much more noticeable in VR because the LOD switches happen much earlier than on monitor with a typical FOV. Seeing as there is only one LOD file, perhaps just lods.ini needs tweaking to workaround this?
Screenshot_honda_nsxr_sveg_1-1-118-20-44-7.jpg

Screenshot_acura_nsx_s1_test_pad_1-1-118-20-39-37.jpg

Noticed the Acura S1 is tagged as Japan whereas the standard version is USA, assume they are meant to match?

one error getting thrown in log:
INIReader: content/cars/honda_nsxr/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HEADER] INTENSITY

dont think it would get changed but it would be nice if the tyre sounds were closer to the volume of kunos ones, obviously they are too loud by default so we turn down the tyre volume in settings, but as a result this car has super quiet tyre squeal, not the end of the world of course

edit: also this:
upload_2018-1-1_21-4-14.png

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play