Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Definitive solution is pick up right software to adjust THERMAL section of tyre.ini that is 99% wrong, in fact "SURFACE_TRANSFER=0.99" can't be correct (this paremeter range from 0 to 1....) when all semislick have SURFACE_TRANSFER=0.0150.
if this parameter should be adjusted by THERMAL2 extension section (csp stuff) then it is buggy or simply doesn't work.. OR ALL other cars are completly wrong or this section is wrong.
so...

...you are guessing that the value is incorrect, don't know what the value actually does or how it interacts with other lines, and decided to play legos with unrelated data instead of looking at the system as a whole to try to understand why that value was used, then decided to pass that off as some sort of valid solution.

it's interesting for one to call a suggested change a 'definitive solution' while admitting to not knowing what's going on within the same paragraph.

again, something something belief and psyops

there are plenty of fair criticisms to make regarding tires. for those criticisms to mean anything at all they need to be rooted in replicable and measurable discrepancies with reality. through recording and reporting those discrepancies you too can have a hand in 'improving' the quality of the simulation experience.

for the record im not trying to insult, the take really is just that backwards.

...you are guessing that the value is incorrect, don't know what the value actually does or how it interacts with other lines, and decided to play legos with unrelated data instead of looking at the system as a whole to try to understand why that value was used, then decided to pass that off as some sort of valid solution.

it's interesting for one to call a suggested change a 'definitive solution' while admitting to not knowing what's going on within the same paragraph.

again, something something belief and psyops

there are plenty of fair criticisms to make regarding tires. for those criticisms to mean anything at all they need to be rooted in replicable and measurable discrepancies with reality. through recording and reporting those discrepancies you too can have a hand in 'improving' the quality of the simulation experience.

for the record im not trying to insult, the take really is just that backwards.
1: I am not saying nor claiming that my solution is the closest to reality, I have the reasonable certainty that it is more so than the mod in this state, I say more, perhaps even in line with the original assetto cars (consider that the semi-slick road and road90 tyres of all assetto cars share the same or almost the same parameters for class under the thermal section....)

2: A quick answer SURFACE_TRANSFER its how much heat is transfer from asphalt to tyre...
THERMAL2 section aren't present in original assetto cars so its csp extension related section.

3: If i decided to publish my post is because i made a research and i know something about what these parameters do exept csp extension (THERMAL2 section in primis) whose incorrect use may have caused the supposed problem. No cars of 1240 kilos can't burn tyres this way when losing grip and SURFACE_TRANSFER is the primarly related paremeter..

So try that modification and make yours opinion.
Attached is the explanation of the meaning of the thermal section parameters.

PS
Honestly when I tried the mod, I thought that whoever did the tire physics didn't really know what they were doing or had some 'shortcomings', and is a shame since the quality of research done on the car seems good...

Attachments

• ASSETTO THERMAL.pdf
    153 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
1: I am not saying nor claiming that my solution is the closest to reality, I have the reasonable certainty that it is more so than the mod in this state, I say more, perhaps even in line with the original assetto cars (consider that the semi-slick road and road90 tyres of all assetto cars share the same or almost the same parameters for class under the thermal section....)

2: A quick answer SURFACE_TRANSFER its how much heat is transfer from asphalt to tyre...
THERMAL2 section aren't present in original assetto cars so its csp extension related section.

3: If i decided to publish my post is because i made a research and i know something about what these parameters do exept csp extension (THERMAL2 section in primis) witch i think its where resides the problem, no cars of 1240 kilos can't burn tyres this way when losing grip and SURFACE_TRANSFER is the primarly related paremeter..

So try that modification and make yours opinion.
Attached is the explanation of the meaning of the thermal section parameters.

PS
Honestly when I tried the mod, I thought that whoever did the tire physics didn't really know what they were doing or had some 'shortcomings', and is a shame since the quality of research done on the car

man, i wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt but i really think it was unjustified now given you chose to ignore the actual substance of my response for the sake of... defending your ego i guess?

my point was that the burden of proof is on you - while this [redacted] character with their potential 'shortcomings' has defended their work with data, probably more than we could reasonably ask for as a community over the years, you have not provided a single number beyond the car's weight? to demonstrate how supposedly far-off the tires are. you state yourself that you dont understand any of the extended functionality but think your claims fall under 'reasonable certainty'. no telemetry, no data... something about shortcomings.. i wonder if you can even see the irony in that?

there is no magic or belief involved here, there is math that leads to consistent and measurable input -> output behavior. not understanding this is a real example of "a fault or failure to meet a certain standard".

there is an objective difference between 'i feel' and 'i know', and it's important to understand the difference between subjectively familiar, and objectively realistic when the context is simulation physics.

man, i wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt but i really think it was unjustified now given you chose to ignore the actual substance of my response for the sake of... defending your ego i guess?

my point was that the burden of proof is on you - while this [redacted] character with their potential 'shortcomings' has defended their work with data, probably more than we could reasonably ask for as a community over the years, you have not provided a single number beyond the car's weight? to demonstrate how supposedly far-off the tires are. you state yourself that you dont understand any of the extended functionality but think your claims fall under 'reasonable certainty'. no telemetry, no data... something about shortcomings.. i wonder if you can even see the irony in that?

there is no magic or belief involved here, there is math that leads to consistent and measurable input -> output behavior. not understanding this is a real example of "a fault or failure to meet a certain standard".

there is an objective difference between 'i feel' and 'i know', and it's important to understand the difference between subjectively familiar, and objectively realistic when the context is simulation physics.
I understand your scientific attitude etc etc... as i said "I am not saying nor claiming that my solution is the closest to reality".
I have either never claimed to demonstrate mathematically that a sports car of that type does not behave like this in conditions of loss of grip and that the pressure and temperature cannot rise so rapidly in response to that load. (maybe it could even be done...)
If I find myself in front of the ravine, I don't wait for the mathematical proof that shows me that if I take a step I will fall down... my opinion is to go back
so my opinion is for example that from the many best motoring videos and tests it can be deduced that the nsx tyres "do not catch fire" when pushed to the limit, yes i know i know it is not mathematically proven it is just my opinion..

Clearly i haven't the proof you answer for, and maybe I doubt the developers of the mod have it either....

I simply as other people have a doubt which arises from this reasoning of mine:
If the fundamental parameter surface_transfer** is less than 0.0150, and the mod value is 0.99, the case are 2 or this value is overridden by some csp extension Or is take into account as in original cars.
In the first case there are many consequences: being set wrong buggy csp etc.. or i am wrong and the tyre model is set right.
In the second case or is simply wrong because all other cars have extremely lower values or all assetto original tyres are set wrong.

**the parameter is explained in various documents on modding and if modified its impact is evident on the behavior of the tires therefore it is fundamental...

So the burden of proof is at its best on developer...
Sorry the long discussion
Ciao, Marco

Hey guys, I have a request: could somebody with good screenshotting skills take a bunch of nice screens of the NSX (various variants)? I would like to print them out and hang them on my wall :p
the man himself asks for screenshots, and suddenly where everybody go ??
i'll have to reinstall everything to make screenshot ?

@Some1 if you have the courage enough to get lost deep deep in the discord hell, there's the CSP discord with screenshot sections, i'm sure there's a few talented people there, among others

Hey guys, I have a request: could somebody with good screenshotting skills take a bunch of nice screens of the NSX (various variants)? I would like to print them out and hang them on my wall :p
Here you go my man. I hope that's nice enough:)

UPD: Moderators deleted google drive link, and I can't attach zip with photos! What is this cave world?

can I send you zip file or google drive link somewhere?

Last edited:
Mr.some1 are you seeing this here?
I'm adjusting the LOD to look better on replay, but the mirrors on this car disappear and reappear regardless of the lod.ini settings. I wonder why?

@Brownninja97 I've discovered that it only happens with the latest 3.6.5 patch.... 3.5 is fine.... this is offline with a.i... I dont think i've had this problem before.... Don't really want to go into listing everything as was fine before (I think).. Never had a problem with any other version... Add this car whether its a 30 grid or 5 and its an issue.. take the car out and the game runs fine with the same 30 cars or 5... So it's something with the car.... I think....

Last edited:
the project is almost perfect, it would be a great loss to abandon it after so much hard work, I hope for future updates to solve the remaining small problems

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.