Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
thanks very much for the update :)

noticed there are some issues with the fake shadow on some of the LODs, not sure if its all variants or not. Acura S1 definitely is affected. It is much more noticeable in VR because the LOD switches happen much earlier than on monitor with a typical FOV. Seeing as there is only one LOD file, perhaps just lods.ini needs tweaking to workaround this?
View attachment 228904
View attachment 228902

The pics are tiny, can't see very well :p

There are no LODs, so It must be the game engine doing this. I don't have VR, so I cannot verify, perhaps different graphics settings in game? (I'm running everything maxed)

The pics are tiny, can't see very well :p

There are no LODs, so It must be the game engine doing this. I don't have VR, so I cannot verify, perhaps different graphics settings in game? (I'm running everything maxed)
Not sure how to get higher res pics when it is only happening when the car is at a distance. But what appears to be happening is the body_shadow is being rotated by 90 degrees at a certain distance. maybe @chargingcar has seen this before?

@aphidgod did you make any changes to the car for this quick update? Or do I bare complete responsibility for my poor driving? :D Man...I don't remember losing the rear-end this much on the Nordschleife. This remains one of the best "Driver's Cars" in Assetto Corsa, imo. :thumbsup:

To me it drives the same but I had to adjust rear in setup to get it behave more neutral but that was after first update months ago...

@aphidgod did you make any changes to the car for this quick update? Or do I bare complete responsibility for my poor driving? :D Man...I don't remember losing the rear-end this much on the Nordschleife. This remains one of the best "Driver's Cars" in Assetto Corsa, imo. :thumbsup:
No changes to physics.

To me it drives the same but I had to adjust rear in setup to get it behave more neutral but that was after first update months ago...

No changes to physics.
I was 99.9% certain there were no changes whatsoever. I was just being a little cheeky about some difficulties I had with this car yesterday. I think the long session I had with the Huracan Performante just before hopping in the Acura NSX-R led me to push too hard. As I said...This remains a lovely, lovely car to drive. :)

Not comparing it. I used "again", because i brought it up once but it was ignored or overlooked.
Can i mention the tyres looking like plastic again? Any way to fix that?
Ahhh, the subtleties of the English language, hehe :D
A native English speaker would probably have eliminated the ambiguity by saying "Can I once again mention ..." - basically just moving the word earlier. But that might not have made any difference because I suspect that @Some1 isn't a native English speaker either ;)

Ahhh, the subtleties of the English language, hehe :D
A native English speaker would probably have eliminated the ambiguity by saying "Can I once again mention ..." - basically just moving the word earlier. But that might not have made any difference because I suspect that @Some1 isn't a native English speaker either ;)
No, you're right. I see how that came off wrong. Ironically, the word would be used earlier in my native structure too. I have no explanation for it. Sorry about that.

Ok, i found out how to make the tyres look like rubber, and then i noticed, the tread direction is mirrored between the front and rear tyres. Not sure if its a bug or intended, but thought i'll mention it.

Since there was a discussion in the AC forum about the lap time difference of the standard and S1 version of the Acura I looked at the data and saw that the standard car is quoted to have 270hp/285Nm and the S1 280hp/290Nm.

Yet the actual power at the wheels for the standard car is 239hp/258Nm and for the S1 357hp/355Nm.
I know that the S1 is a fictional car with parts that were available at that time with a supercharged engine as aphidgod explained already, but why is there such a discrepancy of the quoted and real power of the car?

Since there was a discussion in the AC forum about the lap time difference of the standard and S1 version of the Acura I looked at the data and saw that the standard car is quoted to have 270hp/285Nm and the S1 280hp/290Nm.

Yet the actual power at the wheels for the standard car is 239hp/258Nm and for the S1 357hp/355Nm.
I know that the S1 is a fictional car with parts that were available at that time with a supercharged engine as aphidgod explained already, but why is there such a discrepancy of the quoted and real power of the car?

Mixup of metric and imperial torque? The power.lut file is metric.

It could be a mistake as @dud pointed out. Maybe someone forgot to update the .JSON file. My guess, however, is that aphidgod was being coy - you've probably heard about the 279 HP agreement that supposedly occurred between Japanese manufacturers and the United States. Many people claim there was never any such stated horsepower limit on Japanese imports. Others still stand behind the stories from the early 80s-90s.

Porsche and BMW also always put out more power than spec when put on a dyno.

Reasons are somewhat unknown. Probably a variety of factors involved. It shouldn't be more than 10%, though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back