RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking of signing up for this and I've been getting some practice in but is it right theres no TC allowed in a GT race? Also confused about whether virtual mirror is allowed. Can you clarify please?
Hi Noel, we always race with the factory settings so if the car has TC or ABS in real life it will be available to you in the race so that would be a yes for GT3. Both can also be dialled in to your preference in the setup plus you can change between modes mid race.
Virtual mirrors are also allowed.

Cool thanks, was just confused cos it says TC forced off in SGP. Been practicing with factory defaults TC on :s lol

Good the virtual mirror is allowed I cant imagine racing without it. I think I'll sign up.

Cool thanks, was just confused cos it says TC forced off in SGP. Been practicing with factory defaults TC on :s lol

Good the virtual mirror is allowed I cant imagine racing without it. I think I'll sign up.
I'll let Goffik clarify that then as this will be the first SGP race I think, I suspect that the SGP metadata is incorrect.

Last edited:
@Goffik Is the plan to be racing R3E Tuesday nights regularly or is this a test of SGP ? Just wondering as signed up for the AMS2 race tonight (can't resist Caterhams at Cadwell park in the rain)

Make sure you are using the right username, which is not necessarily the name displayed on your profile. You can find it in your account details, or by looking at the web address of your profile. For example:

h**ps://game.raceroom.com/users/Goffik/

No, it's because SGP is being rushed out with barely any testing. Noticed a number of issues myself over the last few days, but feedback doesn't seem overly appreciated for some reason. So whatever... not my problem.
you were right ... a different name from what appears

Was thinking of signing up for this and I've been getting some practice in but is it right theres no TC allowed in a GT race? Also confused about whether virtual mirror is allowed. Can you clarify please?
PurgerUK is correct. The server uses "Get Real" difficulty, which means factory assist are enabled, and the virtual mirror is optional. (I'm not even aware of a server function which restricts it's use at all!) For reasons unknown all these settings on the SGP details page are listed incorrectly, so just ignore them.

@Goffik Is the plan to be racing R3E Tuesday nights regularly or is this a test of SGP ?
Both are being tested. If Tuesdays get as many people as are signed up tonight on a regular basis, then they'll become part of the R3E schedule. As for SGP, I've already decided we won't be using this system until it has been properly developed, so next Tuesday will be back to manual sign-ups.

Last edited:
Nice racing all, good combo.

R1 could have gone well for me but JJ Martin was too consistent compared to me. I've been trying to get used to lower TC settings on R3E, as I usually just use 100% in GT3 on here but ACC has taught me the ways of lower TC settings. Well played JJ. Spun it towards the end and rightfully lost the place to JP Miranda. Another lap and I might have got the place back but it wasn't to be.

R2 was a nightmare. Sat looking at my steering wheel trying to balance the throttle how I wanted it for the start and missed the start itself. Then spent about 10 minutes of R2 driving round getting really frustrated with how the car felt and feeling like I was trying too hard. Realised I had TC on 100% again. Once I put it back to how it was I started to catch Antony Martin and the others in front but it was too late by then.

Always check your TC settings!

Well, that was boring. :roflmao:
R1 I ended up in a bubble, and didn't see another car after lap 3.
R2 I binned it, and played catch-up the rest of the race.
All in all, of the 40 minutes of racing, I think I saw other cars for maybe 8 minutes.
Not a complaint, and it's not anybody's fault. It just happens every now and again.

Oh, and apologies for my silence in chat. Never really used the Discord Voice for anything, so I was struggling to adjust volume-levels and short-cut keys.....while racing. :whistling:

Nice races, KO and JJ (and Scanlon for that matter) out of this world, unlucky Scanlon, P3 was yous mate.
R2, awful start as usual, P3 to P9 in the first corners (bring the rolling stars back please...), great battle with Celestiale so it was all good:thumbsup:

Hope to see you all in the next one
Cheers guys

Last edited:
Race 1, JJ got ahead in T1, He surprised the heck out of me going into T3 when he braked about 25 meters earlier than I was expecting and I gave him a good solid whack in the rear. Luckily no harm was done. I got a better exit out of T8 and was able to overtake JJ before the chicane.

Race 2, I made up a couple places by T1, chased Manuele until he went a little wide in T3, then went after JJ and Steve, Steve was kind enough to pull over in the gravel on the exit of T8 which let JJ and I by, chased JJ for another lap and was able to overtake him going into the chicane.

so ..I would very much like to start a championship .... what do you say
Ross ???
I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean you want to organise one yourself, you'll have to start your own racing community for that. :p If you mean you want one here on RD, the next Series is starting next Saturday. (3rd April.)

I was in the RD tab in Discord instead of the SGP... stupid twat:geek::O_o:
Actually, you are NOT a twat. Everyone should have been in the RaceDepartment R3E Discord channel, same as usual. The SGP voice channels are for official SGP events, not for RaceDepartment events. Remember guys, SGP is not RD, it's a hosting platform. You still use RD media to discuss events hosted on the SGP platform.

I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean you want to organise one yourself, you'll have to start your own racing community for that. :p If you mean you want one here on RD, the next Series is starting next Saturday. (3rd April.)

Actually, you are NOT a twat. Everyone should have been in the RaceDepartment R3E Discord channel, same as usual. The SGP voice channels are for official SGP events, not for RaceDepartment events. Remember guys, SGP is not RD, it's a hosting platform. You still use RD media to discuss events hosted on the SGP platform.
no no me ... i mean the RD..3rd April...this is good news!!!!

POSTER 01.png

Welcome to the R3E Racing Club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server: Click here
Crew Chief Download: Click Here

The use of Crew Chief is mandatory in our Club racing, as it adds an audio spotter which helps avoid unnecessary incidents. We also highly recommend that you join us on Discord and engage with your fellow drivers!

Tuesday 30/03/21
Practice Server:
RaceDepartment - Practice
Race Server: RaceDepartment - Racing Club
Class: BMW M235i Racing Cup
Track: Bilster Berg – Gesamtstrecke

Practice: 18:00 UTC (50 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:50 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:00 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:05 UTC (20 minutes) - Standing Start

Warmup 2: 19:25 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 19:30 UTC (20 minutes) - Standing Start / Reverse Grid - Top 6

BMW M235i Racing Cup: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - #303
  2. ko41 - #308
  3. Des Pearce - #235
  4. rustymoto - #306
  5. PorDallas - #668
  6. Steve Le Gallez - #696
  7. Dieter Bromvich - #313
  8. Paul_V - #13
  9. PurgerUK - #671
  10. Jopamir - #678
  11. cnuke - #516
  12. Jan Larsen - #305
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot

UTP#15

Last edited:
Event Time Changes

Two changes from this event onwards. First of all, R3E events will be starting 30 minutes earlier. This moves them into a wider "prime time" slot for the EU which may help more people race in our events.

Second is that the clocks go forwards on Sunday 28th March across most of Europe. As usual, it means EU event times listed in UTC will be adjusted to an hour "earlier" in order to keep them at the same local times.

If you are unsure what time an event listed in UTC starts in your own country, simply check the RaceDepartment Calendar which will show you the time in both UTC and your own local time.

Also note that we are returning to the "old" sign-up system for all R3E events, while SGP is further developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back