Formula Renault 3.5 Mod Released for Assetto Corsa

Chris

Premium
formula_renault_35_render1.jpg

Modding group VirtuaSimulazioni have today released the highly anticipated and much sought-after Formula Renault 3.5 race car for Kunos Simulazioni's Assetto Corsa.

The attention to detail and accuracy of the physics, modeling and sound is up there with the official content that Kunos put out. As in real life, there are three aerodynamic variations to choose from in the form of 'Stepped' classes, with low, medium and high downforce packages. The mod also comes with 15 replica liveries from the real Formula Renault 3.5 series.

The Formula Renault 3.5 provides a much needed boost to the number of open wheel cars in Assetto Corsa, a sim that is largely dominated by road vehicles and GT race cars.

Download the Formula Renault 3.5 from our Resource Manager HERE! While you're there be sure to stay up to date with our clubs and leagues section for exciting races with this car, and post your awesome pictures and videos to our dedicated RaceTube media gallery!

Still unsure of this mod? You can check out our official video footage from an early morning test session around Silverstone!

Has anybody tried it with an Accuforce? I know they (and any direct drive wheel) can make some wild synth type noises at times, but these cars make an EXTREMELY unpleasant synth noise and vibration from the ffb or the engine noise (which I don't have turned on in SimCommander) or something. It actually makes the cars un-drivable- not from a control standpoint but from a comfort issue. Any work around from other DD wheel owners experiencing the same thing?

Has anybody tried it with an Accuforce? I know they (and any direct drive wheel) can make some wild synth type noises at times, but these cars make an EXTREMELY unpleasant synth noise and vibration from the ffb or the engine noise (which I don't have turned on in SimCommander) or something. It actually makes the cars un-drivable- not from a control standpoint but from a comfort issue. Any work around from other DD wheel owners experiencing the same thing?
Strangely I noticed that with a simple Thrustmaster T300, even through the belt drive I can feel it doing this. Obviously it doesn't make it undriveable for me but I can see how it would with a DD wheel. It also feels like it has a low caster level or something along those lines.

Increasing the minimum damper in the .ini may fix it but I am not a fan of damper and do not want to add it.

Other than that it is a great mod, the feel of it losing downforce as you drop speed is excellent.

I find if you go to the setup, and make the car run a bit softer and maybe a bit higher off the ground, the FFB isn't even nearly as bad.

The reason for the vibrations is because FFB is determined by the physics, and this car has some really stiff springs, which means that the game calculates it a bit strangely.

It seems the new AC update broke this mod for me. All I get is a whistling sound instead of engine noise, anyone else?
The AC update didn't break the sounds, but you're having problem because you're using a sound fix for v1.1.5.
I have original game and mod files without any sound fix and everything works fine.

Then you should install a sound fix for v1.2.2, that should make the mods work: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ns-driver-animation.2372/page-115#post-521447

This is the stiffest car on AC for now ... the sim itself has a problem with this kind of stiffness! i suggest you lower damping a bit as a first step ... then try to run softer springs!

This is the stiffest car on AC for now ... the sim itself has a problem with this kind of stiffness! i suggest you lower damping a bit as a first step ... then try to run softer springs!
Assetto Corsa has major fundamental physics flaws, which prevent it from properly handling dedicated race cars.
Its physics unfortunately have no simulation value.
- wrong modeling of tire adherence vs vertical load
- physics engine unable to work with extreme spring/antiroll rates
- problematic behaviour on kerbs for cars with high suspension rates and reasonable tire damping ratios.

All this issues become more and more relevant for cars with high aero loads, low mass and stiff suspension...

And here a quote from a Virtua Simulazioni modder.
Well, i don't want to turn this thread into an OT :D

I was just defending a mod that i participated to :)

EDIT: well since avoletta answered, i will just paste what i was writing :D

I few words:
Modern openwheelers can be very stiff ... i mean extremly stiff, springs and ARBs (dampers as well)! and AC has an engine limitations that doesn't allow using high rates (causes weird bugs)!
Interactive aerodynamics physics is a must for an openwheeler, rear aero depends on what's happening at the front and the rear not only the rear! and vice versa (interaction between front wing and diffuser for example)
Tyre model is not well explained and needs more variables to be added, to get realistic grip and temperatures/pressure behaviour! it's more than enough for road cars and semislick tyres ... but, youcan't cook accurate slicks with it.

Lack of setup options possibilities in general.

Last edited:
Assetto Corsa has major fundamental physics flaws, which prevent it from properly handling dedicated race cars.
Its physics unfortunately have no simulation value.

And here a quote from a Virtua Simulazioni modder.

AC has flaws like any other sim, and it doesn't mean it has no simulation value. It has things rF2 can't do, and rF2 has things AC can't, and same with other sims...

You talk so much about "misinformation" but you are no less than those people, after all you are doing the same, again and again, day after day, week after week, month after month.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back