Formula Renault 3.5 Mod Released for Assetto Corsa

Chris

Premium
formula_renault_35_render1.jpg

Modding group VirtuaSimulazioni have today released the highly anticipated and much sought-after Formula Renault 3.5 race car for Kunos Simulazioni's Assetto Corsa.

The attention to detail and accuracy of the physics, modeling and sound is up there with the official content that Kunos put out. As in real life, there are three aerodynamic variations to choose from in the form of 'Stepped' classes, with low, medium and high downforce packages. The mod also comes with 15 replica liveries from the real Formula Renault 3.5 series.

The Formula Renault 3.5 provides a much needed boost to the number of open wheel cars in Assetto Corsa, a sim that is largely dominated by road vehicles and GT race cars.

Download the Formula Renault 3.5 from our Resource Manager HERE! While you're there be sure to stay up to date with our clubs and leagues section for exciting races with this car, and post your awesome pictures and videos to our dedicated RaceTube media gallery!

Still unsure of this mod? You can check out our official video footage from an early morning test session around Silverstone!

Get a room you two........ and get back to the Topic of this thread please.
Okay. But please don't say "get a room you two". Besides, in most of my latest posts I've been also discussing the formula renault 3.5, more by trying to justify why I made my initial post after driving this mod. If you'll notice, he didn't even mention the car mod that just got released, he just cares about when people talk about rf2, he never once mentioned or hinted anything about how this car drives, especially nothing about how it drives in AC, because this topic is about this car in AC, not how rf2 is in general, which is only what he wrote in this thread so far.

Just got back from a big stint with this car...

Congratulations VirtuaSimulazioni on a very good job, sincerely!
The mod is full of love and care which is obvious to see.
It sounds fantastic, looks great and has some generally pleasing characteristics.

I only have issues with AC as far as this mod goes, and if you don't want to hear then please skip...

While providing resistance, the feedback only produces non physics based forces.
You can feel this effect when going through Chapel, gives you that nice little rumble yeah!
Same with the kerbs, noticeably through Luffield and Woodcote.

Because they are not physics based, there are calculation like speed steps to provide a suitable amount of 'bump' for your speed.
This causes problems when driving this particular car on the limit. In order to drive the car on it's limit (not your limit) it needs much more fidelity and finesse.
It's just all too vague, forgiving... well easy to be frank.

Let me state up front, I do not consider the F3.5 to be ISI's best work. I will when it gets the next update, but it's pretty old now in terms of tech.
But even with this old tech, on the limits... it's is like there are more layers of detail. Everything is alive and the car is always on the edge... it lives on the edge.

Here sadly, it sounds and looks good. Feels reasonable enough, but it's like eating pizza with no topping.

Might have to port it over for private use, if they can't be bothered modding for us ;)

Oh, almost forgot. It looks decidedly low res in AC, something that struck me straight away when loading rF2 back up.

While providing resistance, the feedback only produces non physics based forces.
You can feel this effect when going through Chapel, gives you that nice little rumble yeah!
Same with the kerbs, noticeably through Luffield and Woodcote.

Because they are not physics based, there are calculation like speed steps to provide a suitable amount of 'bump' for your speed.

You're totally wrong. FFB is physics based, unless you run those canned effects in the main menu.

Let me state up front, I do not consider the F3.5 to be ISI's best work. I will when it gets the next update, but it's pretty old now in terms of tech.
But even with this old tech, on the limits... it's is like there are more layers of detail. Everything is alive and the car is always on the edge... it lives on the edge.

To be so much on the edge, I find quite easy to do Copse full throttle with DRS opened in rF2.

Might have to port it over for private use, if they can't be bothered modding for us ;)

Thank you very much for that kind comment, it's what every modder wants to read ;)

speaking of FFB, has anyone tried other combos in the game menu that is different from the suggested settings from VS?

went from my normal set to VS's set and i couldn't feel much of anything (it did take the HUGE vibrations out, thankfully). trying to find a happy medium.

TIA

Looking at the Jerez video, I can see what a great job the team did on this mod. Particulary on corner exit I see the same behavior when driving the car, same for braking.

I have a G25 with 100% 0% 0% on logitech profiler and in game 90% gain 10% min force and I think 2% kerbs and the rest are 0%. This car feels great, other cars feels different but OK, no vibrations and no deadzones.

Thoughts after AC version 1.2.3? I think it fixed some issues that were introduced since v1.2 about rear tires and braking. The car feels more confident on cornering now. Maybe related to the line "Corrected camber sensitivity values for all tyres".

If anyone needs ffb settings, at least for G27, a bit more optimized for the current AC and this fr 3.5 mod: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...eels-official-thread.3295/page-83#post-521767
Mainly, 107% in logitech and 0 min.force% in game gives a better feeling than 100% forces in logitech and 12% min.force in game. At least for cars that are more sensible to lighter steering. I also enabled gyro, although with gyro off also feels good, maybe less heavy in high speed corners.

Last edited:
Maybe related to the line "Corrected camber sensitivity values for all tyres".
That's a data change to Kunos cars, won't affect mods. It's probably the abs/differential fixes which are improving the code.

I've had no problems with 60% overall, 5% min force, gyro enabled, with standard DFGT settings (100%, 0%, 0%, ...). I did have to get used to correcting slides cause the feedback changed and it needs an instinctive response, but other than that 1.2 plays about the same as 1.1 for me. Some cars give more feedback than others but that's just down to their geometry. 2-11 for example is as usual great.

You're totally wrong. FFB is physics based, unless you run those canned effects in the main menu.

To be so much on the edge, I find quite easy to do Copse full throttle with DRS opened in rF2.

Thank you very much for that kind comment, it's what every modder wants to read ;)

Hmm, maybe I can rephrase.
Yes the FFB is physics based, yes we know the bumps are laser scanned.
What we also know and can most definitely feel is that the bumps produce a rumble effect as opposed to a bump effect. You can feel this effect does not move the wheel in a manner that may allow the tire to lose traction or provide any variance on the trajectory, you know like what happens when you ride curbs or hit bumps on an angle. In essence, it's the same as canned bumps, as you are just rolling over them.

I would have thought it obvious that I was not new to this, but I will confirm for you all that I followed the recommended settings for this mod as written by the author of the mod. And I tweaked and tried a few things like any reasonable simmer would.

I have no idea have you drive, how you setup a car and how many seconds a lap you are slower than me.
If you take copse flat... ok then! Do these cars not take Copse flat?

Could care less about modders these days. Too many petulant egos trying to hoard knowledge and skill. Good guys are still out there doing good work, the selfish can suck it imo.

Why can't we have a co-op? Why can't we port all resources to GSCE, AC, rF1 and rF2 and others of the same framework?
Why is every request for a mod to be converted denied by the AC authors I've approached to work with?
Community builds community, or is that a lesson that we have to learn all over again... seems so.

Oh and btw, if it is not already obvious to you guys...
A G27 is entry level gear. It's what you buy to get a taste of this genre.
It is so far away from a quality experience that you really must understand that anything you feel is not comparative to what is going on for others.
If you want to know, I have a GT2 which is by no means a quality wheel either, but upgrading from the G27 was the biggest eye opener ever. I can also feel exactly where it fails as a wheel and the primary reason why I'm prepared to spend another 2-3k on a set for life. My car in real life is worth 3k and I don't drive that any near as much... bargain if you ask me :D

Last edited:
So a G27 isn't good enough gear yet both Aris and Stefano both use it exclusively.

And getting upset because the guys that spend several thousand hours of their free time making a mod for a game don't want to spend hundreds or more hours in order to bring it to the game you want is completely asinine.

With threads like this, it honestly makes me wonder why people make mods at all. Thanks for the wonderful mod. I'll never drive a Formula Renault 3.5 in real life, but I'm having a blast driving it in Assetto Corsa

Ok, just wow. I am flabbergasted.
I'll leave you to your delusions.
I'll understand that this place is for mass uncritical thinking.
and I'll despair for this once great genre to become like every other american pastime, just another way to siphon off the money of zero's.

I wanted to work with the modders and they receive all the credit.
I wanted to do it as a service for my fellow simracers. Like Woochoo did when asked if they could port Longford over!

NOOOO, never rF2. Only ever AC! Thats what I was told.
You want that community. Go for it, you can have it!

Bram, dunno what you smoke bud, but I'm comin over for a bowl.

Thanks again for the kind comments.

PS: I suggest you to buy a mirror.
Are you talking about the guide I've written, the numerous people I've helped get up to speed in multiple sims. Sharing modding resources created by myself of the course of thousands of hours.

Teaching, inspiring and growing people in this environment. Always pushing to be a better communicator and understand others points of view. That me in the mirror?

*David, forgive me. I do not do subtle and missed the reference/context in your original post. For that I apologise and also thankyou as I understand your point now. This mod does rock ;)

NOOOO, never rF2. Only ever AC!
What absolute rubbish mate. If rF2 and it's community members here want to promote some of the great work they do, then they're free to submit an article to be published on the front page. Absolutely nothing stopping you.

This FR3.5 is an awesome mod, and deserved a front page article. But please stop this utter nonsense about RD being anti-rFactor 2 simply because we posted a few articles about Assetto Corsa. That's absolutely ridiculous. It's clear that you're a big fan of rFactor 2, and that's great as it's a fantastic sim, but stop trying to divide the community and derail this thread by trying to create divisions and factions when there are none.

Back on topic: Thank you VirtuaSimulazioni for this great mod, I've had an absolute blast driving it :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back