Formula Renault 3.5 Mod Released for Assetto Corsa

Chris

Premium
formula_renault_35_render1.jpg

Modding group VirtuaSimulazioni have today released the highly anticipated and much sought-after Formula Renault 3.5 race car for Kunos Simulazioni's Assetto Corsa.

The attention to detail and accuracy of the physics, modeling and sound is up there with the official content that Kunos put out. As in real life, there are three aerodynamic variations to choose from in the form of 'Stepped' classes, with low, medium and high downforce packages. The mod also comes with 15 replica liveries from the real Formula Renault 3.5 series.

The Formula Renault 3.5 provides a much needed boost to the number of open wheel cars in Assetto Corsa, a sim that is largely dominated by road vehicles and GT race cars.

Download the Formula Renault 3.5 from our Resource Manager HERE! While you're there be sure to stay up to date with our clubs and leagues section for exciting races with this car, and post your awesome pictures and videos to our dedicated RaceTube media gallery!

Still unsure of this mod? You can check out our official video footage from an early morning test session around Silverstone!

Yeah I will try it and with an open mind. It's a favourite car of mine so I only want to love it.

I do suspect it has very little to do with the mod and it's just ACs blandness.
I swear the fanboys of this sim have never driven a race car, or even seen one on TV the way they talk ;)

Thanks so much for thi. Fantastic mod, it looks and sounds absolutely magnificent. The FR3.5 is my absolute favourite car in rF2 and the AC version feels not radically dissimilar considering the physics/ffb differences between the sims. My only problem is that the caster can't be adjusted in AC, which leaves the car's front feeling uncomfortably light and bouncy (for my taste) in low speed turns.

Did I mention the sound? Brutal!

Thanks again

do these cars have DRS or no? because when i "activate" DRS in the middle of a 4th gear corner, nothing happens.

unlike another open wheel sim where if open that flap and the car isn't pointed dead straight, u'r comin around before you can say huh :)

just seeking clarification. because having checked the replay as well and the flap stays down too.

do these cars have DRS or no? because when i "activate" DRS in the middle of a 4th gear corner, nothing happens.

unlike another open wheel sim where if open that flap and the car isn't pointed dead straight, u'r comin around before you can say huh :)

just seeking clarification. because having checked the replay as well and the flap stays down too.

The mod doesn't have DRS, it will only be implemented if AC develops track-based DRS rules.

Gonna post here more or less the same thing I said in the ac forums about this car:

Okay finally tried it at Silverstone with the G27. 100% gain (80% car setup), 0 min.force, 0 filter, 0 road kerb road effects. Then logitech profiler: 100%, 0 spring damper centering spring. Using the STD car spec, idk which is the recommended for this track.

This is uncanny! I played several times the fr 3.5 in rf2 demo and it just is pretty similar. Could feel plenty of bumps, steering got lighter and heavier in similar places, tendencies to slide/actually slide or spin/under-over steer in similar places. I used Green track in AC and pulling out of the pits I felt those small bumps in that section before the low speed turn in AC and rF2.

Spa on the other hand.. must be the smoothest track for Formula cars. But it depends on the car you're driving and road conditions. Zandvoort with formula abarth is so bumpy in many places.. then driving a GT car you don't notice the same details of the road.
ps. Spa can be felt better with these settings + 107% in logitech (see last paragraph), first time I tried it I had not so optimized ffb settings, but 80% game ffb is bit too high for spa, so go max 75 in this track.

When people call a sim lifeless on the steering/ffb, I noticed is because they drive a lot in understeer style. When you're doing that, you just feel a more constant spring force on the steering because you're basically doing uniform inputs by keeping the wheel turned uniformly in one direction. But try to balance the under-over steer in a corner, with the FR 3.5 at Silverstone (maybe with green track) and there is the steering-ffb life. Very well done, can feel well the rubber of the tires from this car. I lost control and spun out or went off road in similar places between rf2 and ac, but not just that, the actual driving technique and fear of losing the car, and road bumps are there in both games.

I tried 0 min.force because in rf2 also use 0 min.force without going into the files. I think with 107% overall forces in logitech profiler g27 + the settings I described above, I think it can give you a better feeling in slower speed corners. But still doesn't give you the right to go hard on the throttle at lower speeds and corner exits :) So just avoid going into under steering in corners and you'll see the ffb life while you're trying to balance it because watching real life onboard videos of this car, the driver usually doesn't get into understeer in corners, so that's why you see him doing small corrections side to side to balance the car.

@Associat0r I just received a notification that you rated my post above "Funny". Sorry, but you got already a table and a ffb wheel? If you're still driving with keyboard + steering assist, then how can you judge my post as "funny"?
You're spreading major disinformation about me to stir up a circus. Using a keyboard (which I don't in AC) doesn't imply that I don't own a table and an FFB wheel.
FYI, I have been into simracing since before you were born and have been using wheels since you were still a toddler. Also reminder
Picture-62.png

Last edited:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/541906989407136006
In this thread you say you're using wheels since the Amiga times, and that they don't work well on your lap. Then was suggested for you to get a table, and you said you don't want to use a table. Then you explained you're playing with keyboard.

"FYI, I have been using wheels since you were still a toddler." From your pyramid, that applies in either the 2nd or 3rd line from the bottom, more inclined to 3rd, or maybe 2nd it is.

And what's also funny, is that your buddy hexagramme also rated my post as "funny". Well at least he has a ffb wheel and uses one, t500rs. But still, is a different wheel than a G27 that I have. So my description in my post still holds valid/true for my experience in AC and rF2 using a G27 on Silverstone green track and formula renault 3.5.

That I want to use my laptop on my lap, doesn't imply that I don't have a table and FFB wheel. The toddler thing is not an attack, but a fact. Learn the difference.
I rated you funny because you were spreading misinformation about rF2, as if they're supposedly in the same league.
Anyway it's typical of you, always playing the innocent victim while personally attacking others.

Last edited:
Why is makcorp's opinion more relevant than of other people? I don't need to be a physics expert to know if a car in game drives well and is well simulated. In real life I don't need to know car mechanics to know that a car drives well and is not defect.
Makcorp said he considers AC's physics simulation at the same level as Forza 5.
So if AC is forza 5 grade, then rf2 must be too:

So just because I consider my own experience with a G27, Silverstone green track, formula renault 3.5 pretty similar between AC and rF2 in terms of car feel/driving techniques, steering wheel-ffb feel, road feel, I'm doing misinformation/disinformation? I think you need to take another look at your pyramid.

Hehe, here we go again. The age old rF2 extremists trying to convince people for some reason that it is the second coming of Lawd Jeebus. Do you think that all the people who enjoy AC, God forbid these morons, are incapable of forming their own decisions on if or not they find a sim appealing? Or are you just mad that AC is the more popular sim despite rF2 being technically superior? Gee, I wonder what a bunch of angry old men whose sole purpose in life seems to be talking down to people that drive other sims and banging the same old annoying drum of "Hurrrrrr rF2 durrrrrrr" on every single thread of other sims might do for the image of the company, I also wonder if it makes people who drive other sims want to check rF2 out or just discredit it thinking the rF2 community is a bunch of jealous neckbeards. This Associat0r guy went to GSCE forum where they were discussing about asking for AI improvements and said "All of this is available in rF2"........ really now, even good old GSCE is not safe from you extremists is it? It makes me sad that ISI has to deal with people like you that literally drive new sales away by brandishing your elitist boners every single chance you get. :rolleyes:

@Torcano
You should blame @Radu Orus and yourself for my presence in this thread. I wouldn't even be here if you didn't mention my name and rF2.
And FYI, I own AC + DreamPack, GSCE and FT for a long time and backed Reiza's crowdfunding campaign for $100.
Also, Mak Corp is a very respected and experienced modding team as they have real racing series and teams as clients among others.
And he isn't the only one that praised rF2's physics and FFB as unarguably the best. See more here.

Last edited:
So every time I say something about rf2 that you don't like, even when I don't mention you, you have to intervene and save the world from disinformation? What exactly did I say bad about rf2? Just because I compared ac and rf2 from my own personal experience with both games, with similar settings and content used, I am doing disinformation? Why do you think you hold the truth to anything related to rf2? What makes you classify one's post as disinformation and your posts as useful/true information?
Can you not give your own opinion about ac and rf2 without quoting some people? Especially you quote those people and say is the truth about how AC is, yet no one whom you quote or link to has any evidence such as data analysis or even at least a good video.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back