Formula Renault 3.5 Mod Released for Assetto Corsa

Chris

Premium
formula_renault_35_render1.jpg

Modding group VirtuaSimulazioni have today released the highly anticipated and much sought-after Formula Renault 3.5 race car for Kunos Simulazioni's Assetto Corsa.

The attention to detail and accuracy of the physics, modeling and sound is up there with the official content that Kunos put out. As in real life, there are three aerodynamic variations to choose from in the form of 'Stepped' classes, with low, medium and high downforce packages. The mod also comes with 15 replica liveries from the real Formula Renault 3.5 series.

The Formula Renault 3.5 provides a much needed boost to the number of open wheel cars in Assetto Corsa, a sim that is largely dominated by road vehicles and GT race cars.

Download the Formula Renault 3.5 from our Resource Manager HERE! While you're there be sure to stay up to date with our clubs and leagues section for exciting races with this car, and post your awesome pictures and videos to our dedicated RaceTube media gallery!

Still unsure of this mod? You can check out our official video footage from an early morning test session around Silverstone!

Until there´s no specific thread and to clarify brownninjas info on where we are currently in terms of sound, I´ll just leave this WIP in here.

There´s been lots of trials and errors, but so far I´m pretty satisified given the lack of references.
It sounds like a beast, cannot wait............

Great work to date guys.

4c2982e100eeea3f8df0601db2620ebf.jpg

its coming. Dont know when but it is, this time im certain.

Whatever happened to the guy that made that model?

I remember back like 2 yrs ago when he was showing it off and looking for a physics guy & sound guy that he was somewhat active... and when sound modding seemed impossible due to no good sources, he just disappeared pretty much.

He seemed to have some real talent with 3d modelling :p

Whatever happened to the guy that made that model?

I remember back like 2 yrs ago when he was showing it off and looking for a physics guy & sound guy that he was somewhat active... and when sound modding seemed impossible due to no good sources, he just disappeared pretty much.

He seemed to have some real talent with 3d modelling :p
His talents are being used dont worry, most of the team is very busy, three guys in uni(including me) and others with jobs. There has just been a string of bad luck with this car, it should have been available way earlier.

b4473f8e5488fe95faceca0b69083edf.png

9 years ago this was the best lod in a gta SA mod.

a9053ffa5737c9ae18b079b6f4bc6992.png

This is our worst lod. It only uses 2500 more polys.(5100 vs 7366).

175270f6c562977ae1c312b7072363cf.jpg

GT3, GT4 and GTpsp used a 9900poly model.

954869be15e000379556c4ee4b1cffe0.png

Just the four wheels and respective brake systems for those wheels meet the amount of polys used in granturismo.

oh and i nearly forgot this
eda31bed82165a71e0727e24332f1723.png

Now what do you think the above picture symbolises. :D
Your model got bought by kunos or you have some sort of an arrangement with toyota officially? I don't think what else these would symbolise? Maybe you got official data from toyota?

A small suggestion when doing the inside of a windscreen banner as in the above video: if the outside facing part the red is printed over white vinyl, then on the inside mirrored texture just apply a bit of opacity on the red lettering, as the driver is facing the thin white layer.

Uuuuhh... what the hell happened? The website is absolutely wiped. I know the ferrari was already gone due to copyright but the others? Not even a "we decided to dissolve" text? Just a logo. Very nice of you.

Unpaid modders are under no obligation to stick around for any longer than they find their hobby interesting. They don't owe us anything, and if they want to disappear without a trace then that's their choice.

Look ive said it before and ill say it again we are busy, we have lives to, as Ross said we are under no obligation to release and update everything in a timely manor, we do this for fun and general interest and an excuse to learn more about what we enjoy.

The issue is that other things have higher priority, coursework deadline, work placements, dealing with fees costs etc etc. We arent perfect and things have been hairy the past year.

I need to think about cementing my career foundations before I deal with modding.

Besides applying pressure just means we might want to release too soon, that means cutting corners ultimately meaning a lesser quality product which no one wants.

Im sorry we cant be faster but we bluntly have many things to deal with right now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back