Formula Renault 3.5 Mod Released for Assetto Corsa

Chris

Premium
formula_renault_35_render1.jpg

Modding group VirtuaSimulazioni have today released the highly anticipated and much sought-after Formula Renault 3.5 race car for Kunos Simulazioni's Assetto Corsa.

The attention to detail and accuracy of the physics, modeling and sound is up there with the official content that Kunos put out. As in real life, there are three aerodynamic variations to choose from in the form of 'Stepped' classes, with low, medium and high downforce packages. The mod also comes with 15 replica liveries from the real Formula Renault 3.5 series.

The Formula Renault 3.5 provides a much needed boost to the number of open wheel cars in Assetto Corsa, a sim that is largely dominated by road vehicles and GT race cars.

Download the Formula Renault 3.5 from our Resource Manager HERE! While you're there be sure to stay up to date with our clubs and leagues section for exciting races with this car, and post your awesome pictures and videos to our dedicated RaceTube media gallery!

Still unsure of this mod? You can check out our official video footage from an early morning test session around Silverstone!

This comment on the youtube vid gave me a chuckle - "I want to ask does Race Department own shares in Aseto Corsa or something? There seems o be so much emphasis placed on this game. Where are the videos on RF2? Its is by comparison overlooked." Yes, the spelling errors are a part of that comment. Don't know if I should laugh at the enormous tin foil hat or not.

Back on topic, I'm someone who dislikes most open-wheelers simply because I don't like the fact that most of them don't like being driven at 9/10ths. But this is a fast open-wheeler that is not too fast for my incompetent mind to keep up with so I can actually go all out and for once enjoy the car to its fullest. Big thanks to the team for another top mod that looks, sound and drives great. :inlove:

I have to ask, is the driver of this video running full aids?
Sounds nice but looking very lifeless!
Will fire it up for a look, but I must say, not impressed at all so far. Far away from any reality.
No driving aids were used. I just wasn't driving it anywhere near its potential because that was only like the second lap I'd ever done in it. Plus the sun was in my eyes in several areas, so it was difficult to see braking and turn in points for some corners, lol.

If I may ask, what do you mean by "lifeless"?
It's a car that produces a lot of downforce, so it's not exactly supposed to be drifting all over the place. It may look lifeless in the video to you, but to actually drive it, it feels anything but.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years