Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 Pack

Cars Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 Pack 3.11

Login or Register an account to download this content
I found a bug with the glass textures. When looking at two stickers, the one that's further shows through the one that's closer (the black and yellow one is on the rear window and the red and white one is the front window). When looking from the front, it's the same - the rear one shines through. It's like the glass texture is inside out or somethingView attachment 279406

Thanks for the report, but as I say previously, we are not able to rework the 3d model.

Meanwhile, my 1989 BTCC spec version, with real physics, is coming along nicely.

The "What Are You Working On?" Thread
Where do you find the data ? Racing team ? I don't know what you mean by real physics ? Real datas ?
The data of the rs500 stock model are the right ones in the 2.0 version. You can read what a real owner think about it.
I have a new version of the GrA/DTM to come, I rework the physics to behave like what I see on old btcc footages.Watching replays gives a lot of informations. I restart from the stock model rear and front axles.

Last edited:
He who seeks, finds. Physics wise there was not much right in the original, starting from the suspension set-up. We could still co-operate, unless you want to reinvent the wheel.

OP, most people who do physics regularly have already racked close to and often over 10 years of experience in it. On top of often engineering degrees. Which means we have a good decade or more of experience, data resources from various cars and anecdote to pull off from. Most people use a professional application or have made their own tool to simulate unconventional suspension layouts, as well.
You most likely don't even *know* how to simulate the car's suspension, aero and whatnot in AC properly, even if you had the data. If you worked together with someone who does, you could learn something. I learned the ropes myself mainly via asking questions for years on end, not by being so super smart I can figure it all out myself.

Great mod.
Did another race a few days back, and 4 cars again entered pits and just stood there, after 1st lap. I have never seen any other ks or mod car do that on my track, nor on other tracks. Weird.
Not a huge problem, but as I come closer to releasing my track, I will have to take a closer look to it.
Maybe it's a just a lucky (or unlucky) combination of our mods...

Just in case, my mod is this one:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/roller-coaster-race-circuit-test-release.23770/

Yes, maybe it could be great for improving this mod. I also wanna make a rally version.

On the other hand...many have downloaded this version, and have liked it. They (and you) may not like the changes I have made. I don't want to make any compromises physics wise, so I think it is better to release it separately (have asked and gotten the permission).

Re rally version.: If you manage to swap the 3D-tyres with ones that have diameter of 640mm (radius=0.32) with 16 inch rims, and ask the permission for rally skins currently available, I'll provide the physics.

=LM=908GTS updated 1987 Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 with a new update entry:

Update Drift/GrA/DTM versions and and a new fictional Rallycross

New update ! I've added a Rallycross version to have fun.

Drift version : new engine (GrA engine), 6-speed gear box, new suspension.

Gra/DTM : new suspension, many basic setup adjustements

Rallycross version : it's a fictional version, just for fun. You can use it on rallycross tracks.
Thanks to shadow118 for the permission to use his nice skin on the Rx version !
View attachment 280067
More than 500hp + 6-speead gearbox + AWD

Read the rest of this update entry...

Something I noticed when checking the sounds of this mod: credits say that "New sounds by Nounourscoss". No, the sounds are straight from Kunos' Toyota Celica ST185.

Something I noticed when checking the sounds of this mod: credits say that "New sounds by Nounourscoss". No, the sounds are straight from Kunos' Toyota Celica ST185.
No, only the wastegate and turbo sounds. That's why CM says it.

He uses the sound of the GrA of christian Rigollet.

Someone ask the same question before in the thread and I answer him. I don't know why you are always critisizing this mod, it's not perfect for sure but I'm not a professional modder and never pretend to be one.
Just trying to do something nice and pleasant to drive for the AC simracers (and coherent from what I saw in the old footages of this car).
If you think this mod is so far from real thing, don't download it anymore, it's useless. You are a purist.
You have made a great job on your btcc mod, it would be smart to continue your great work instead of wasting your time here.

Last edited:
Hmm, it sounded similar in the car. Didn't check external.
As I have not worked on the sound, I can't say anything else he told me, just know he uses some kunos sounds and other to make it.

I will change it because I hope you will cry on my thread for days if I do not correct it in the description.

=LM=908GTS updated 1987 Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 with a new update entry:

Data files is now packed for online gaming !

SRS (http://www.simracingsystem.com/) ask me to use the car for a championship so I have to pack the data files.
Online gaming would be fair as no one can modify the car.

No changes ! Sorry for those who have downloaded the pack yesterday ! You have to delete for a clean install (or just delete the data folder).
There will be no major evolution on Stock/GrA/DTM.
Thanks to Shaun Clarke...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 24 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 11.4%