Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 Pack

Cars Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 Pack 3.11

Login or Register an account to download this content
What a great little car! I just tried it straight from the box at lilski's tight little NJMP against Kunos DTM cars, BMW E30 DTM and Mercedes 190 Evo2 and the Alfa 155. I see that the Ford and the Bimmer are about 2-3 secs quicker per lap than the Alfa and the Merc...

Last edited:
Good job, thanks! But for my championship I increased the weight of the car in car.ini, and also changed the value of the ABS in electronics.ini so that the car did not twitch in the corners.
For a more stable RS500, you'd have to setup the front spring to a higher value. Il will made an update later for this for the basic setup.

Hi, ive tried using the sierra to a custom server for me and my friends to enter, however when i try to update server content i get the error ' access to path AREO.INI denied. the RS 500 DTM 90 is the only car added. any thoughts??

Hi, ive tried using the sierra to a custom server for me and my friends to enter, however when i try to update server content i get the error ' access to path AREO.INI denied. the RS 500 DTM 90 is the only car added. any thoughts??
Sorry, I use it on a server (not mine, a public server) so it works nicely online. I don't know what is your issue with the aero.ini file.

@=LM=908GTS Thanks for all your hard work. I am really enjoying this little Ford.

I had to move the brake bias to "70" to get it to stop decently.

IMHO a little less speed and a little more brakes and it will be perfect against the Kunos cars of the same class. I really do think it's about 2 secs too fast at most tracks.

@=LM=908GTS Thanks for all your hard work. I am really enjoying this little Ford.

I had to move the brake bias to "70" to get it to stop decently.

IMHO a little less speed and a little more brakes and it will be perfect against the Kunos cars of the same class. I really do think it's about 2 secs too fast at most tracks.
Maybe I will see if the Ford is faster than the BMW and the Mercedes and adjust the turbo pressure.

When you get all the bugs worked out ... you should put up a donation box.

I spent a lovely 2 hours or so at Red Bull Ring GP with this thing messing with set ups. Great fun!!

I gotta buy you a beer at least!

When you get all the bugs worked out ... you should put up a donation box.

I spent a lovely 2 hours or so at Red Bull Ring GP with this thing messing with set ups. Great fun!!

I gotta buy you a beer at least!
Thanks for your support. I will try to adjust the DTM version to be as fair as possible with the Kunos DTM.
I really want it to be online with the other 90's DTM models !

hi thx for car update.
in the car is a mistake.
ford_sierra_cosworth_rs500_dtm_90s
can not update it in the assetto corsa manager where you make servers.
error in data file.
-aero
-brakes
-drivetrain
they are read only

hi thx for car update.
in the car is a mistake.
ford_sierra_cosworth_rs500_dtm_90s
can not update it in the assetto corsa manager where you make servers.
error in data file.
-aero
-brakes
-drivetrain
they are read only
This sounds like the issue i was having...
as a work around when i create a server, before i launch it i goto Assetto corsa server content cars and delete the sierra file> this removes the error message you see.
i do this every time so its not really a fix

This sounds like the issue i was having...
as a work around when i create a server, before i launch it i goto Assetto corsa server content cars and delete the sierra file> this removes the error message you see.
i do this every time so its not really a fix
yes, but I will not do that every time

The current rear in this RS500 isn't anything akin to a semi-trailing arm. Chances are your geometries are much more accurate. Are you experienced in AC modding? If so, I would suggest the current team takes some of your advice/implements some of your changes. I would help on the car myself, if I was not already neck-deep in JDM to deal with.

Sorry for the late reply, but I have been busy. I'm experienced enough in making physics for rFactor and AC. It is a bit hobby of mine, taking poor quality mods and making proper physics for them. What I know very well is that if you don't have accurate measurements for the suspension, without any professional software it is near impossible to make it properly. Speaking of which, lately I have learned to model a semi trailing arm also with a McPherson, and it even looks more like the real deal! I have applied it to the GrA Sierra now. Haven't checked this version, but I guess it still has fantasy numbers for the engine? And perhaps still a collider 3 meters above the car? ;)

Sorry for the late reply, but I have been busy. I'm experienced enough in making physics for rFactor and AC. It is a bit hobby of mine, taking poor quality mods and making proper physics for them. What I know very well is that if you don't have accurate measurements for the suspension, without any professional software it is near impossible to make it properly. Speaking of which, lately I have learned to model a semi trailing arm also with a McPherson, and it even looks more like the real deal! I have applied it to the GrA Sierra now. Haven't checked this version, but I guess it still has fantasy numbers for the engine? And perhaps still a collider 3 meters above the car? ;)
With a lot of time (talking months here), and very good reference photos, if you have some known measurements, then you can produce a good suspension with just images alone. But a suspension editor is a must, of course.

With a lot of time (talking months here), and very good reference photos, if you have some known measurements, then you can produce a good suspension with just images alone. But a suspension editor is a must, of course.
Yes, I have just pictures and video of the car to see how it behaves on the track. An owner gives us his point of view on how it would handle so it gives us precious informations. Be close to the reality is hard in racing simulator without appropriate tools.

Yes, I have just pictures and video of the car to see how it behaves on the track. An owner gives us his point of view on how it would handle so it gives us precious informations. Be close to the reality is hard in racing simulator without appropriate tools.

Have you considered doing the Rally version of the RS500?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back