The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

ok, its good you have principle. Just dont use that mods, and yout karma will be clean:)
But what if i want to make sure the mod i download is absolutely legit? Shouldn't there be a safe heaven for people like us? People who don't want to play detective each time before they download?

To be honest, race department TOS is T-H-E O-N-L-Y reason i'm a frequent visitor. It is literally the only place left on the internet that is both scumf**k free and rich in content and i'd very much like it to remain that way.

ok, its good you have principle. Just dont use that mods, and yout karma will be clean:)

Don't misunderstand me. I don't care about ripped models one bit. I've used more than a few as placeholders to develop physics while scratch-built models were being made, and without rips to practice on I wouldn't have learned how to do any of this in the first place.

They just don't belong *here*. Those are the house rules. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Since we are here , agree, we must respect rd rules.
What about previous before last commment - u lose a lot, using ONLY rd to explore mods sure there a lot if rubbish outside, but excellent ones as well

But what if i want to make sure the mod i download is absolutely legit?

Common misconception; any mod that includes real vehicles without having a license to use it is not legit. Doesn't matter if it was scratch made or free. It's still not 'legit.' Copyright laws don't suddenly come into force only when you charge for the work.

As said, though - RD rules are RD rules. Simple as. The rules here at RD are the standard rules agreed upon by most major modding communities for a couple decades, nothing new or specific to RD, either. They're pretty simple and pretty easy to follow. :)

you're really missing the point.
It's simple rules that are applying to all of us.

And people came with solutions for you in previous posts, simple ones. Just check under what license this free model comes, and you could share this mod with us here.

4c4ce302998688d7900f033174fe5c6a.gif

Total physics rehaul for the abandoned Sierra Cosworth RS500-mod. It has 1989 BTCC works team specs.

At Brands Hatch I managed to get within once second of that years pole position time (in optimal conditions). Obviously not on the lap above!

Nice work AadHofman.

I hope one day someone puts the rally version of the Ford Sierra RS Cosworth in-game.

Few more liveries for this little gem (don't mind the white belts and lack of chrome; previews generated with CM and it doesn't recognize the custom shaders yet)
View attachment 279572

First off, this mod is looking fantastic and I think it will be filling a massive void in AC when released. Having said that, is it me or does the scale of the driver (or at least his helmet) look a bit small relative to the car? Could be my old eyes...they're quite shite sometimes.

Regardless, lovely workmanship and praise to everyone in the dev group. :thumbsup:

....AC's driver has somewhat large proportions so I tend to scale him down...

That makes sense now. Of the car projects I've started (but never finished) where I had solid dimensional information to build from, dropping AC's driver model into the scene always proved a bit of a head-scratcher, making me think I'd screwed something up when creating the model.

Diggin' that metallic paint job. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes