Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 Pack

Cars Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 Pack 3.11

Login or Register an account to download this content
About the ai pitting after one lap or more. I found this (don't think it come from the car but from the circuit...)

"Are you using a mod track? A lot of them that have this happen can be fixed if you copy the 'fast_lane.ai' file from the 'ai' folder and paste it into the 'data' folder. You then need to rename the copy to 'ideal_line.ai'."

I have the same issue than you and do it on a track and the issue was solved.
I have this issue with standart tracks, but i dont test all of them.

I have this issue with standart tracks, but i dont test all of them.

I have made a test on Brandhatch, no AI came back to pit. Checking the data folder, there was the "ideal_line.ai" file.

I go to Donington Park, Some opponents were pitting after one lap (on a 4 laps race), I check the data file, no "ideal_line.ai" file, I create one and the issue was solved.

Thanks for the update! One question though. I noticed the RX version is now gone. Is there a reason for this? I still have it from the last version, so it's not like it's a big deal. Just curious as to the thought process on this decision. Cheers! :thumbsup:

I don't see a needle in the rev counter (DTM and Group A, don't have the others installed).
Something missing or a CSP thing ?

Edit: the fonts of the turbo pressure readout in the GrA are still a bit off.

Thanks for the update! One question though. I noticed the RX version is now gone. Is there a reason for this? I still have it from the last version, so it's not like it's a big deal. Just curious as to the thought process on this decision. Cheers! :thumbsup:
We try to make real versions of the car, thats the reason the Rx has gone.
As it is an AWD version, the Rx should be like an extra-pack car. The physics and suspension are different on 3.0 version so we concentrate on the RWD cars.

The DTM version now feels weird. It's very easy to spin out when accelerating (a lot easier than the Kunos DTM cars) but the brakes are way more effective, so you can stop sooner. Did a few test runs on Bikernieki with the Sierra and the 190E. On the Speed layout (3,6 km) the Sierra was 2 seconds faster than the Mercedes, probably because of the brakes, but in the Short "Oval" layout (1,7 km) the Sierra was a second slower, because it couldn't get the power down in the slower turns. Maybe the turbo should be turned down a bit or something

Also, there's something weird with the gearbox redline. The gear indicator turns red very early and if you keep accelerating, it turns orange, and then red again, where the actual redline should be

The DTM version now feels weird. It's very easy to spin out when accelerating (a lot easier than the Kunos DTM cars) but the brakes are way more effective, so you can stop sooner. Did a few test runs on Bikernieki with the Sierra and the 190E. On the Speed layout (3,6 km) the Sierra was 2 seconds faster than the Mercedes, probably because of the brakes, but in the Short "Oval" layout (1,7 km) the Sierra was a second slower, because it couldn't get the power down in the slower turns. Maybe the turbo should be turned down a bit or something

Also, there's something weird with the gearbox redline. The gear indicator turns red very early and if you keep accelerating, it turns orange, and then red again, where the actual redline should be
The Sierra is a turbo car with a lot of torque at a lower engine speed. You cannot drive it like a NA car.
You can put the differential power to 60%. Maybe I will adjust the turbo lag and pressure in next update. From a track to another, it's faster or lower than the E30 and 190.
I notice this too for the gear indicator, but don't find where it comes from.

Last edited:
@=LM=908GTS thanks for the update but the windscreen (from drivers view) kinda "smears" like hell when using TAA in CSP settings. Could you please fix that? Tried it by myself to change the value from alpha blending to alpha testing but it did not bring the effort. Unfortunately this is a well-known bug on some mod cars which have been introduced by TAA and CSP. Thank you!

@=LM=908GTS thanks for the update but the windscreen (from drivers view) kinda "smears" like hell when using TAA in CSP settings. Could you please fix that? Tried it by myself to change the value from alpha blending to alpha testing but it did not bring the effort. Unfortunately this is a well-known bug on some mod cars which have been introduced by TAA and CSP. Thank you!
As I'm not in charge of the 3d, I can't say anything on this issue. I'm using CSP+Sol with content manager without any issue.
I will see it with the 3D guy, but cannot promise anything.

@shadow118

The wrongly made suspension geometry probably doesn't help at all.

The strut doesn't have the steering axis going through the lower balljoint (MacPherson requires the virtual steering axis, not the strut tube) and the rear is completely wrong. It's not a strut; it's a semi-trailing arm. Take a look at my Singer, CTR-1, E30's to see how I did it. Singer is the best of those.

Although I really suggest to move the lower links farther away from each other on the Z on the trailing arms I make! There is a physics solver error if they get too close together and are too long (= too weak). Otherwise good.

Soon I'll update the E30, it will have a decent, similar rear geometry.

Also, I don't think the unsprung on the rear is quite so high; trailing arms are heavy but not *that* heavy. Maybe -10kg or so?
Also have serious doubts about the rear ARB; I REALLY don't think you'd be reaching 30k on any typical trailing arm ARB setup. E30 DTM with Delrin (Assumed 0.9x rate at wheel, but 1.0 is probably not far off either for any "solid" bushing and links) for example came out 3k to 9k for me.

Serious doubt about the power curve on the DTM car too. Smooth it out a bit at least.

I fixed the strut and put in my E30 rear into the DTM car, and it's better. Fix geo, smooth the power curve, calculate real rollbars and then you can probably run more realistic spring rates as well, not super front split like right now. :thumbsup:

Making tires better would help, but okay, I can forgive that. I or someone else more knowledgeable would need to help with that.

I would help with the suspension but I need a break. However doing the above should produce a good result.

@shadow118

The wrongly made suspension geometry probably doesn't help at all.

The strut doesn't have the steering axis going through the lower balljoint (MacPherson requires the virtual steering axis, not the strut tube) and the rear is completely wrong. It's not a strut; it's a semi-trailing arm. Take a look at my Singer, CTR-1, E30's to see how I did it. Singer is the best of those.

Although I really suggest to move the lower links farther away from each other on the Z on the trailing arms I make! There is a physics solver error if they get too close together and are too long (= too weak). Otherwise good.

Soon I'll update the E30, it will have a decent, similar rear geometry.

Also, I don't think the unsprung on the rear is quite so high; trailing arms are heavy but not *that* heavy. Maybe -10kg or so?
Also have serious doubts about the rear ARB; I REALLY don't think you'd be reaching 30k on any typical trailing arm ARB setup. E30 DTM with Delrin (Assumed 0.9x rate at wheel, but 1.0 is probably not far off either for any "solid" bushing and links) for example came out 3k to 9k for me.

Serious doubt about the power curve on the DTM car too. Smooth it out a bit at least.

I fixed the strut and put in my E30 rear into the DTM car, and it's better. Fix geo, smooth the power curve, calculate real rollbars and then you can probably run more realistic spring rates as well, not super front split like right now. :thumbsup:

Making tires better would help, but okay, I can forgive that. I or someone else more knowledgeable would need to help with that.

I would help with the suspension but I need a break. However doing the above should produce a good result.
Thanks for your feedback. It's always interesting to see another point of view. Modeling suspension is not an easy thing.
With many pictures and datas, we try to reproduce the suspension geometry in the AC model.
Maybe you shoud help when you'll be back... ;)
Concerning the engine, I have datas from an RS500 Eggenberger benchmark. I know it's quite brutal but it is what it is.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.