RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilko, it's really not a trail braking kind of combo. Try to do most of your braking while you are straight. If you need the car to rotate then stab the brake and release.

Here's the setup I like the most, and the one I've ran quickest (purely because it's the most stable through the S's).
Adjust brake bias forward until you get comfortable going into turns hot, then start moving it back to help swing around tight corners.

Thanks. This is sort of a noob question, but I take it that I simply have to drop your setup in the setups file on my PC in order to get it to work, correct?

For me that's...
My PC/Documents/MyGames/Simbin/Raceroom Racing Experience/UserData/CarSetups - then drop the file in the track. In this case it's Bilster Berg Gremstreke [sp]

This worked... Well getting the setup installed. I will take to the track in a bout a half hour. And I will definitely brake in a straight line. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Well done to the podium finishes and of course well done all.
Thought I fixed my issue after the first race but I was nowhere near fixing it for the second.
Took a little figuring out as I had to figure out what I was doing before or the problem occurred. So after hurting my brain. I was iracing.
And I remember there is a little update. So I reinstalled my firmware for my Fanatic 2.5 and all was good everything works as it should do. So I'm looking at it as I racing corrupted my firmware. Don't know-how can't figure that one out yet but it may be a regional update for certain hardware I don't know if there's any difference between European and let's say an American Fanatic 2.5 and I'm getting the wrong update other than that I have no idea dear but I do know it's fixed.:)

My race pace will most likely be a couple seconds slower than my leaderboard time just to try to keep it on the track for 20 minutes at a time and try to avoid those multiple disasters every lap.
I ran a 30 minute race against the AI. I was able to keep my laps times consistent and as quick as my Leaderboard times...

Until that "one" moment that I got out of rhythm and lost it.

I started last to get experience driving behind other cars, would get up into contention and then lose it. Come back into contention and lost it...Rinse and repeat...

Gonna be a lot of spins in this one...

@2112 Ran an AI race also - crashed a few times and finished in my usual position. :(

However, I did decrease my leaderboard lap time by about two seconds. :coffee:
I rarely do AI races as they end up being too easy and the AI do not act like real drivers. In this case, though, I wanted to see how it would be with other cars racing against me and to learn where I could pass and where I needed to be patient.

More than one off for me was being impatient in a part of the track that demanded patience. Another issue I had ( and it will be an issue for some of the faster drivers) is failure to anticipate where other drivers would brake or slow down.

On this track it must be a consideration or you will end up snorting someone's tailpipe before you get up close and personal with a wall.

I think I will be in #9 if no one else has claimed it. Thanks. No time to practice this week but this is an interesting combo and as others have said, hit the gas and the brake at the right times or just have fun trying to do as many spins as possible and end up going the right direction to continue on!!:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back