E3 2018 - Assetto Corsa Competizione First Gameplay

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC First Gameplay 3.jpg ACC First Gameplay 4.jpg ACC First Gameplay 5.jpg ACC First Gameplay 6.jpg ACC First Gameplay 2.jpg ACC First Gameplay.jpg
With E3 now in full swing over in LA, the team behind Assetto Corsa Competizione have revealed first gameplay from this exciting upcoming sim racing title...

We've had a couple of videos already from the title in action as driven by guests at the E3 event in LA, but today Kunos Simulazioni have released what we've all been waiting for, in game capture footage of ACC direct from the work in progress version of the title... driven by someone who knows what they are doing too!

Using Unreal 4 as the core game engine, it is immediately noticeable even at this early stage of development how much of an improvement the graphics are in the upcoming game over the current Assetto Corsa title, a simulation which frankly still does a very solid job of holding its own in the graphics department despite its relative grand old age in the sim racing arena.

Now that Steam Early Access deployment is getting closer (remember we are expecting a "summer" release at the moment), Kunos have taken to the E3 2018 event with a playable version of Assetto Corsa Competizione, running the software on the Thrustmaster stand for visitors to have a go around the Monza circuit as the title makes its public debut over in Los Angeles..

On a side note, if you want to kill some time until more info on ACC is released, why not check out the ACC Wish List thread and leave a comment, or watch our exclusive interview with Stefano and Marco on their hopes and plans for the new title HERE and HERE

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Exciting times for sim racing fans, tell us what your impressions are below!

Last edited:
Instrumental guitar rock/hard rock imo works well with racing games (although not everyone's thing), it's often used in racing related TV broadcasts too. But there should be more than 1 song :D And the chord structure is kinda predictable

Good soundtrack could really give the game some "game like presentation" that HC sims often lack. Stefano plays guitar maybe he could compose it? Or what Wreckfest did, announcing a competition for music https://wreckfest.audiodraft.com/ When it's unknown bands/artists, you can get that relatively cheap

Some will always disable music, no matter how good it is though. Perhaps own music could be allowed to use (like AMS does, you basically drop any songs to a folder = your menu music)
That guitar rock song make me think of Iracing, they should play the official Blancpain music.

FIRST THINGS I NOTICED

1: WOW HE PRESSES THE IGNITION BUTTON. WITH VR AND BUTTON BOX THAT WILL BE SO IMMERSIVE.

2: WOW THE SOUNDS ARE SO REALISTIC MUCH BETTER THAN AC!!!!!!

3: WOW THE TRACK LOOKS LIKE GRAND TURISMO SPORT - MAYBE EVEN BETTER!?!?!?! LOOKS INSANELY GOOD

4: WOW THERE IS ALSO ANIMATION FOR STEERING WHEEL BUTTONS OMG VR WILL BE INSAAAAAANEEEEEEEEE

5: WOW THE NET INSIDE THE CAR MOVES IMERRSION OMG AGAIN VR WILL BE INSAAAAAAAANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

6: hand movements when turning the steering wheel full lock kinda badly done, but its not finalised yet

7: SOUNDS WHEN U BUMP CURBS AND OR DRIVE OVER THEM IS SO GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD

8: HE TOUCHED THE BUTTON BOX WHILST DRIVING??!?!! OMG YES YES VR WILL BE INSAAAAAANEEEEEE

9: Mirror looks pixilated

10: SHADOWS ARE REALLY GOOD

REALISATION NUMBER 11: OMG I AM GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE A WEEK OFF WORK WHEN THIS GAME COMES OUT, MAYBE I CAN SAY MY CAT DIED?

SORRY FOR CAPSLOCK I AM JUST SO SO SO EXCITED
The problem of the hand animation is it won't sync to your real hand, it always delay. I wish VR company will invest something sensor device which are attach on your hand, the game driver hand will sync to your hand actual movement.

The preview vids are interesting, as others have mentioned the Unreal Engine "style" is very much in evidence, it has that almost perfect look to it. Not a criticism by any means it's just the way the visuals work.

Very much looking forward to this on release. My hope is it will be more of a complete game like GTR was and the current F1 games. So many now are setup for single races or multiplayer.

I do doubt though that my system will run this at any sort of high detail though. I can run PC2 on high or ultra settings but I think this will be much more demanding. Again, we'll see.

One thing that I think will divide people is the motion blur. It was something introduced in the F1 games and it caused no end of arguments. Most users switched it off as they found it too distracting.

Wet weather looks fine for a pre-alpha, I think any more detail and it will cause real performance issues, which may explain the no spray in the rear view. Same for the lo-res nature of the rear view-mirror maybe. I read though that the wet weather is purely a mock-up display and probably only represents about 20% of the finished product.

Night driving looks lovely, that tunnel effect that you see on the real life on-boards is replicated well here but you still have that peripheral view for cars to the left or right.

I did notice the vehicles popping slightly and also some surroundings as the LOD's changed. Hopefully this will be sorted but again it may well be an issue with the graphics engine and we'll have to live with it.

Perhaps my two regrets are 1. The limit on cars, you really need bigger fields for the full Blancpain effect (especially on the 24 hour races) and 2. I didn't see the Jaguar G3 (or the Lexus I don't think?) Shame if those are not included. I was looking at the timing rather than the screen and I didn't see those names there. I may have missed them though.
Jaguar, Lexus, Bently, BMW M6 and Aston never officially appear in AC1, they need a time to build the new 3d model. Other cars shown in the ACC demo are use old model from the AC1.

The problem of the hand animation is it won't sync to your real hand, it always delay. I wish VR company will invest something sensor device which are attach on your hand, the game driver hand will sync to your hand actual movement.

I agree with the hand delay which makes for a weird experience. For racing games there would be the simple solution of VR supported gloves, which lots of racers already wear for added comfort.

Jaguar, Lexus, Bently, BMW M6 and Aston never officially appear in AC1, they need a time to build the new 3d model. Other cars shown in the ACC demo are use old model from the AC1.
That is true and the same time not really. All the cars we will see in ACC are updated versions of the cars we saw in AC. The Nissan GTR in the tech demo for example is a complete new car for 2018, while we are having the 2015 Car in AC. But I agree, to model all cars will take some time and It'd surprise me, if we see all of them on day one of EA. :)

That is true and the same time not really. All the cars we will see in ACC are updated versions of the cars we saw in AC. The Nissan GTR in the tech demo for example is a complete new car for 2018, while we are having the 2015 Car in AC. But I agree, to model all cars will take some time and It'd surprise me, if we see all of them on day one of EA. :)
I hope the series include old season so we able to drive SLS, Z4 etc...

• Deleted member 205301

If you (and the handful of others that think the same) don't care for the physics in AC then it is all but a guarantee than you won't like the physics in ACC.
Don't get me wrong, maybe I don't talk good enough english to be understood... Saying AC is not "as realistic as I would it to be", doesn't mean I don't like it ;) ...you can easily enjoy something, even if it's not "perfect" ;)
@++

Guys...stop. Just stop one second. This is a early stage of the developement. Just wait until the full release.
Anyone is forcing you to buy this game on early access or at Day One.
Wait. Even PC2 had a lot of trouble with the reflection the days before Day One and now they are gone.

You can't judge the physics of this game just by watching a video, you have to feel it with your wheel.

Just a little reminder: AC started with a tech demo. Lotus and Magione were inside this demo, stop. Now watch what it become.

So please, stop. Really. This thread is every day more cancerous (just like my english, duh).

So we can't judge what we see just because this is early WIP from god-knows-when? That's basicly the only source of judgement that I can get from the sim and that together with the info on their webpage or spread around in comments leads to people forming their own opinion. Some may like it, some won't - that's life.

For the fact, that they plan to release in Summer 2018 (a benchmark that might still change, who knows), some of the shown stuff doesn't look that good or as I would expect it from a soon to be released sim. UE4 has terrific lighting as can clearly be seen in the footage and showcases around the net and the sound has improved alot, but we all know that there is more to it. I know I am in a minority, but I am still a bit dissapointed with how AC turnt out, so I still hope that they can tweak or fix the stuff that bothered me and make ACC an appealing product in all areas. The point that bothers me though, is that I will have to pay for them.

So we can't judge what we see

You can judge what you see, but what you see isn't the final product. All of you are judging it like a finished product. That's the difference.
I don't like the dashboard lightining too, or the little issue with the shadow casted by the fins... but the game is STILL IN DEVELOPMENT, plus some people here are clueless about this game and judge it anyway (for exemple: how many times can you read "the game is plan to release on Summer 2018" in this thread when it is not?).

You can be skeptical about this game without any problem, I'm the first of the skeptical here because I have a really high expectation on this game, but the big concerns are for the physics, NOT A SHADOW, for the fact that I want the same immersion that iRacing offers to us, all the little details that make you said "Wow, I'm REALLY inside the car". You can't even see that shadow at 200+ Km/h! What are we talking about?

The eyes want their part. It's true. BUT I think we can leave this argument for when the game will be fully released.

Now I'll go back to my cavern called "iRacing Season 3". I Fkng love Motegi.

5f4e39e923869fe7dfd03c77d2de9eee.png

In game image ^
2017-Blancpain-Zolder-Grid.jpeg

Image from Zolder Sprint Race last year ^

Just want to point out that the two Audi's spotted here are using 2017 WRT liveries, which basically confirms that the game will include the 2017 season too I suppose, not just the 2018 and 2019 seasons (2019 obviously when that one comes around).

Spotted the screenshot on the image for the Spa wet. Maybe this could mean that we will get even more seasons? As I'd really like to see a 2014 season, as almost all the cars back then were different, such as the Audi R8 LMS Ultra, Mercedes SLS and so on, which adds for more variety. Either way, glad to see three seasons so far :D

The only thing it confirms is that the 2018 livery isnt done yet.

People, its an alpha, DO NOT PAY SO MUCH ATTENTION TO THESE DETAILS.

The only thing an alpha is supposed to show is that its still AC, it already runs fine on the new engine, graphics are nice, there is night and rain.
Details such as physics, ffb, rain dynamics etc i am pretty sure are still under HEAVY development.
That is all.

Yes, but why would they go and make the 2017 liveries if they are only placeholders for the 2018 liveries which are "incomplete"?

I understand it is pre alpha, I'm not slating the physics, rain, graphics and so on. I simply noticed a small clue to the fact we may get a 2017 season.

If we were getting the 2017 season, Kunos would have said "ACC will feature the 2017 season" BUT GUESS WHAT they didn't say we were getting the 2017 season, they said we were getting the 2018 and the 2019 seasons and the reason you're seeing the 2017 season livery MAYBE MEANS THAT at the time they released those pictures the 2018 season livery for the WRT team wasn't even made public yet so they had to use a placeholder aka the 2017 livery.

AND IF I'M VERY WRONG and that at the end of the frigging day it appears that ACC surprisingly features the 2017 season EVEN IF IT WAS STATED BLACK ON WHITE THAT IT WOULDN'T, you'll have the right to slash me personnally and Kunos Simulazioni and yell on the whole RD thread that you were so right.

I'll give you another example. Each year a new FIFA game comes out. However, the promo pictures you're seeing all feature the jerseys and kits from the current / previous season until the new kits are officially made public.

Bottom line: don't read too much into WIP pictures. Stick to what devs say, the only official words and the only thing you can be 100 percent sure about.

Now back to my well deserved nap.

Edit: btw you didn't need to look that close because the Kaspersky Ferrari used in the very first trailer and one of the very first screenshots featured a 2017 livery. I'll be very happy if we were getting some 2017 liveries because, you know, the more the merrier, but it's probably gonna be replaced/deleted by the release of the game.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years