E3 2018 - Assetto Corsa Competizione First Gameplay

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC First Gameplay 3.jpg ACC First Gameplay 4.jpg ACC First Gameplay 5.jpg ACC First Gameplay 6.jpg ACC First Gameplay 2.jpg ACC First Gameplay.jpg
With E3 now in full swing over in LA, the team behind Assetto Corsa Competizione have revealed first gameplay from this exciting upcoming sim racing title...

We've had a couple of videos already from the title in action as driven by guests at the E3 event in LA, but today Kunos Simulazioni have released what we've all been waiting for, in game capture footage of ACC direct from the work in progress version of the title... driven by someone who knows what they are doing too!

Using Unreal 4 as the core game engine, it is immediately noticeable even at this early stage of development how much of an improvement the graphics are in the upcoming game over the current Assetto Corsa title, a simulation which frankly still does a very solid job of holding its own in the graphics department despite its relative grand old age in the sim racing arena.

Now that Steam Early Access deployment is getting closer (remember we are expecting a "summer" release at the moment), Kunos have taken to the E3 2018 event with a playable version of Assetto Corsa Competizione, running the software on the Thrustmaster stand for visitors to have a go around the Monza circuit as the title makes its public debut over in Los Angeles..

On a side note, if you want to kill some time until more info on ACC is released, why not check out the ACC Wish List thread and leave a comment, or watch our exclusive interview with Stefano and Marco on their hopes and plans for the new title HERE and HERE

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Exciting times for sim racing fans, tell us what your impressions are below!

Last edited:
Night lighting looks really nice ! The HUD still doesn't update in real time ! Still has running shadows on guardrails ! The Ai looked to pass , great .
Really makes me excited fot this release .

The sooner it will be released for us to drive, the better.
It might not shatter new ground, but I have no doubt it will give me many hours of SIM racing bliss.
My VR goggles and I are ready when you are Kunos.

Reactions: mms
The rainy video when no cars in front need more mist ahead (shorter view distance so to speak). You can see clearly all the way long distance. Like its only raining over the car but not in the distance.

Looking great so far though.

Looks amazing graphically.
However, im a little bit concerned about the grid size. In a interview they said that the max cars on track would be 30 and in this case I saw only 21 cars. It's not bad, but when in real life we have 60 cars on track quite destroys the inmersion. I understand that 60 cars is impossible, but 40 would be great for tracks like Spa and Monza. Do you guys know if there will be any grid size increase or reduction?

Love the look of it at night. You can see the shadows of the cars in front from your lights.
Don’t think I’ve ever seen this done till now. Well done It's just something that’s always bugged me. Can’t wait

The first impression was good. I like it, of course it has flaws in the visual, sound and more, but taking into consideration that it is a product still under development in an engine until then not used by Kunos, the future seems promising

Love the look of it at night. You can see the shadows of the cars in front from your lights.
Don’t think I’ve ever seen this done till now. Well done It's just something that’s always bugged me. Can’t wait

Seeing the rear spoiler casting shadows was pretty wild, can't remember seeing that in any other sim before.

There is always the danger of showing the game too early. People will notice all the missing things and unfinished things. You could say missing features is the story of assetto corsa but this is an early alpha version. Probably made in hurry to get it playable for e3 which means they have had to turn off some buggy features for example.

For me the videos don't really make any difference. The game looks great in screenshots and some of the trackside cameras looked great. But a huge amount of things is totally unknown. Almost all of the things that really matter and make the difference are unknown. Things like physics, ffb, hud customization, online competition system and servers, moddability, career mode, how well the rain is done, how well is the blancpain ruleset implemented, dlcs and business model... And before you say it is not a modding platform remember that things like skins, hosting your own servers and maybe even sound mods and other config file tweaks are also modding.

Personally I'm not interested about gt3 cars so I don't really have that much interest in it. If it is cheap and there is an active online community I might get it. I still have this feeling that this is just a yearly game. Something to learn ue4 without too much pressure. Put it on consoles too and it should sell lots of copies. Then when you have it all figured out make the game you really wanted to make.

• ronniej

Looks good. But I find it hard to sponsor guys that acts like this.

Sure those guys got at each other in a forum thread before this happened but this is such an unprofessional act from Stefano it's not even funny.
Looks to me like a certain dev got tired of dealing with "stupid" and lashed out. I think Stefano has learned from this and is much better at ignoring the epidemic.

@Bram Hengeveld Sry, I posted before I read your post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea