RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Maybe we strap her to the top of the car?

Hi Everyone,
In, if you'll have me?
Hope you are all ok? I've been out of the chair for some time now, due to the usual health issues. Very nearly sold the rig a couple of months ago, but the better half said "absolutely not". Things have eased a little recently and DTM 92 at Zolder seems like a good place to ease myself back in.
Regards
Paul

I personally rather not, like I said I'll leave it to individual drivers if they want to apply a ballast to their vehicle.
Obviously battling for position is paramount, I just like it to be under natural circumstances without artificial inputs. Then again assist are available and on and on..., so I rather not deal with it from a friendly club atmosphere.

Well I already don’t pick the fastest car if applicable, and there are a number of you that can beat me on any given week, as already proven. I’ve been fortunate to be able to apply good race strategies, and maybe a little luck. I feel like most of you are getting faster every week too. Lookin at you BP

Plus when you win a race you will feel that much better it was done without me being handicapped! I think this DTM race will see a different winner this week anyway

I’m troubleshooting an issue I’m having with Raceroom where after a few minutes of driving the game stutters horribly even though all FPS counters show 141 FPS. It also completely froze up 60 mins into a 90 min RD race on Tuesday (video only, the steering wheel and the audio were still running). I run g-sync triple monitors and I changed a cable on one of them recently so that might be it.

Funny enough this is only happening in Raceroom, I ran for hours in AC last night with no issues.

Just a heads up that I might not make it, but I’m trying to fix it now. I’ll let you know by morning if I’m in or out.

Lap 1
View attachment 322162

Lap 2 View attachment 322163

Lap 3 the last time I saw Bock. View attachment 322164

I don't think I ever saw another P2 car for the last 60 minutes, would have been nice to have more drivers racing for 4th on back.
I'm a mid pack driver at best, qualified 7th out of 8 for this race and finished 4th because of attrition.

KO
I want to race, real bad, getting rusty. But I need to win too! Like in Red(retired extremely dangerous with Bruce Willis)the Russian guy says to Bruce Willis; "I haven't killed anybody in a long time".
I haven't won a race in a long time. Used to win regular back at R2P, but I guess either I am getting slow or you guys are cheaters (just kidding )? Anyway, I will keep watching and hoping Degreef comes up with something to my liking and decides to hang a parachute off the rear of Bocks car. I wish there was an old farts class where racing enthusiasts like me could race each other, with no aliens to show us how slow we really are? Anyway, guys be nice, one day you too will get old fat and slow.

I want to race, real bad, getting rusty. But I need to win too! Like in Red(retired extremely dangerous with Bruce Willis)the Russian guy says to Bruce Willis; "I haven't killed anybody in a long time".
I haven't won a race in a long time. Used to win regular back at R2P, but I guess either I am getting slow or you guys are cheaters (just kidding )? Anyway, I will keep watching and hoping Degreef comes up with something to my liking and decides to hang a parachute off the rear of Bocks car. I wish there was an old farts class where racing enthusiasts like me could race each other, with no aliens to show us how slow we really are? Anyway, guys be nice, one day you too will get old fat and slow.

Sounds to me like you just want an easy win. Is that really why we joined the club? You were all over me at Road America. It could have went your way very easily. Same with Mid Ohio. You’ve spent more time on here yapping about needing to win, then you have just entering the dang race. You could have had a win by now! I’d this the world we live in now where everyone deserves a meddle? I certainly would not be satisfied with a win I knew I didn’t earn. I put the time in, study what the car is doing, adjust, test, repeat. Anyone of you can do the same. My only advantage is that I don’t give up. The strong make me stronger, and I crave the challenge.. and btw, I’m no spring chicken either. Old enough to have grand children, I’m just not fat, Mic drop

And might I remind you guys. Prochnow, DeGreef, and Wyatt all beat me straight up. Toban is usually right on me, and Luke, you too. And look out for BP, cause he’s comin. I’ll just be happy when Calvyn, and Rad show up. Maybe they can take some heat. I think as the races go on, the field is going to tighten up. Not to mention some of the new guys that are signing up. I’m excited.

I’m troubleshooting an issue I’m having with Raceroom where after a few minutes of driving the game stutters horribly even though all FPS counters show 141 FPS. It also completely froze up 60 mins into a 90 min RD race on Tuesday (video only, the steering wheel and the audio were still running). I run g-sync triple monitors and I changed a cable on one of them recently so that might be it.

Funny enough this is only happening in Raceroom, I ran for hours in AC last night with no issues.

Just a heads up that I might not make it, but I’m trying to fix it now. I’ll let you know by morning if I’m in or out.
The only thing I can think of without the loss of frame rate is an overheating issue.
Instead of relying on the system to increase fan speed as things get hotter is the crank everything up such as GPU and CPU fans cooling system to the max manually and try the game again.

About a year ago I had a falling liquid cooling system. Which caused a stuttering and the only way I could fix it was the crank the two fans for that liquid cooling system for CPU to the max. But eventually, I had to get a new one.
But the only thing is you're only having a problem with this particular game. So other than the above I'm not sure what it could be.

The only other thing I suggest is the put your question and your problem in the main forum where more people can see it and give you suggestions for assistance from a bigger audience.

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of without the loss of frame rate is an overheating issue.
Instead of relying on the system to increase fan speed as things get hotter is the crank everything up such as GPU and CPU fans cooling system to the max manually and try the game again.

About a year ago I had a falling liquid cooling system. Which caused a stuttering and the only way I could fix it was the crank the two fans for that liquid cooling system for CPU to the max. But eventually, I had to get a new one.
But the only thing is you're only having a problem with this particular game. So other than the above I'm not sure what it could be.

The only other thing I suggest is the put your question and your problem in the main forum where more people can see it and give you suggestions for assistance from a bigger audience.

It's definitely isolated to this game only...ran another 20 laps in Assetto Corsa just to be sure, no issues.

GPU is pushing at 98% for about half of each lap, but that shouldn't be an issue as temps are low to mid 60's there, same for the CPU at low 60's (just delidded last week).

Seems like it's the web dash...I completely reinstalled R3E and, without installing the web dash, the game ran beautifully for close to 50 laps, no skips. I exited and tried the web dash and within 4 laps it started again. Removed the dash but the game still stutters, so the dash is messing with some files it seems. Gonna try a clean install again with no web dash and test :( ...I really liked the web dash, this sucks.

Deleting the browser cache folder should be enough to "uninstall" the WebHUD. Don't think it touches much else. Also, if you're using OtterHUD, did you try the various performance options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back