DiRT 5 Announced - Launch Scheduled For October

CC

9000RPM
Premium
Apr 27, 2013
Imagine be in charge of a large studio with major assets and resources at your finger tips, a insane marketing team with global reach,
and this is the best they can come up with seriously ?

Trebor901

2000RPM
Aug 10, 2007
It looks like the Driveclub/OnRush engine. That's why there is a Motorstorm feeling to it.
Could be then. After watching the video a few times you can tell there are some definite differences to the ego engine unless of course they've created a completely new engine

Reactions: Antoni1985

MarkR

500RPM
Premium
Feb 8, 2017
4k 60fps on Xbox Series X confirmed, with the option for 120hz which must be a first on a console.

I quite enjoyed Dirt4 as a console game for the rally elements and as a console game. Dirt 5 doesn't look like a game for me though, looks very similar to Grid 19 in style.

120hz on the console as a concept though that bit of information I do like, racing games on consoles could have a bright future.

Sep 3, 2013
Should be fun. As the comparisons to Horizon - the racing in any Codemasters game has always felt much more fun and exciting than the often numb, sterile feel of Microsoft's titles, especially C, B and A class offroad stuff in Horizon.

M-Bimmer

Still on 20” winter tyres. Back to 22” soon
Jun 10, 2016
Definitely reminds me of Motorstorm but with the madness engine.

CC

9000RPM
Premium
Apr 27, 2013
Do you even know what rally is? This is clearly NOT a rally game, and none of the previous Dirt games were strictly rally games (except obviously the Rally subtitled games and 4 which was really a DR1 sequel)
I actually missed buying this Dirt4 I might grab a copy to check it out, they took most of my money they might as well take some more,
I have most of these on my xbox account also :roflmao:
1588879157866.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2stains

VFX Pro

75RPM
Apr 8, 2017
So basically Dirt 5= Forza Horizon series. Will Codemasters finally deliver a great FFB (ACC, AMS2) or the same old bad experience? Will we finally have VR? Triples and a proper FOV with degrees? or this is the same old arcade console first approach...?

VFX Pro

75RPM
Apr 8, 2017
There is plenty of room for all kinds of tastes and games, no problem.
What does matter is the expectation of fans.

So Forza Horizon, clear right?
Now DiRT, DiRT 2, DiRT 3, DiRT Showdown, Dirt Rally, DiRT 4, DiRT Rally 2 and now DiRT 5

Not clear, as a customer you do not know what a DiRT title will bring, more arcade or less arcade, whatever.
The problem is not the game, it is using a franchise for different games styles, that way you are certain to disappoint or piss off a certain part of your player base. The simple solution is to NOT abuse the loyalty of a franchise title.

DiRT 5 will probably please people looking for a quick spin a la Forza Horizon, it will probably not appeal to all DiRT fans, it will almost certainly not appeal to most DiRT Rally fans. Nice marketing F-up.

There was a time when Codemasters just gave games different names.
Yes, the marketing strategy is dumb and confusing. Perhaps, keep the word "Rally" for hard core sim and "Dirt' for arcade style... something to keep them focused on the correct audience...

Jim Layee

100RPM
Jun 11, 2016
This time we will see how little of the game we can sell you before you shell out for the bits we left out. At some point you will realise how much this game costs just in time for Dirt 6 - rinse and repeat.
The more you buy the less you get.

mesa

250RPM
Oct 7, 2009
It reminds me Milestone's GRAVEL, Microsoft's Forza Horizon, so a big "No, thanks" for me

Reactions: kekman

bogani

500RPM
Feb 2, 2014
Yes, the marketing strategy is dumb and confusing. Perhaps, keep the word "Rally" for hard core sim and "Dirt' for arcade style... something to keep them focused on the correct audience...
Well, that's what they are doing from now on?

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Sep 29, 2009
Well, that's what they are doing from now on?
I think it would've been beneficial to have separated them further, or given these kind of DiRT titles a second name as well. Like Forza Motorsport/Horizon.
DiRT Rally, DiRT Something would separate it more while still keeping the DiRT-franchise name.

Reactions: Sporadik

Sporadik

50RPM
Oct 28, 2015
I'd love if this had VR to take a break from sims like DR2. I have no issue with an arcade style game alternating and think its a clever idea. This looks like what Dirt 4 should've been. I also wonder if the feature to be announced later is cross-platform multiplayer?

If this has VR I'll gladly buy. It is nice once in a while to take a break from Sims and play a driving game, I just wish they had VR support and I'd buy them. (Wreckfest doesn't count because its 6 years old now)

Reactions: Terje Helle