DiRT 5 DiRT 5 Announced - Launch Scheduled For October

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
All has become clear as Codemasters confirm their new off road racing title is... DiRT 5!

Yes, the teaser has become an announcement, with Codies confirming the fifth instalment of their DiRT franchise is in the works and expected to launch towards the end of the year.

China_4W.jpg

The full press release:

DIRT 5’s global journey takes in some of the most thrilling, exotic, and picturesque settings such as New York City and Rio de Janeiro alongside challenging events in remote areas of Greece and China. Players will experience the thrill of in-your-face extreme racing in a variety of vehicle classes from buggies, unlimited trucks, and rock bouncers to traditional and modern rally cars.

The expansive narrative-driven Career is bigger in every way with event types and challenges across some of the toughest terrain. Before hitting the track, get creative using the livery editor, with more customisation options than any previous DIRT game. DIRT 5 features a non-linear progression path, so players can choose more of the events they want.

DIRT 5 heralds the return of split-screen for up to four players. The full list of game modes will be announced shortly, including a new game mode focused on creativity and designed for social couch play with friends or global online battles against the best racers in the DIRT universe.

DIRT 5 also boasts a roster of voice talent led by the iconic Nolan North and Troy Baker. Together, and in their unique style, the dynamic duo guide and mentor players through the Career mode and feature in the DIRT in-game podcast series, including the voice talents of other celebrities from the worlds of racing and gaming.

“As a studio, we are big fans of DiRT 2 and 3. This game is our homage: a bigger, amplified DIRT off-road experience in a setting that is alive, challenging and fun,” said Robert Karp, DIRT 5 Development Director at Codemasters. “Whether you want to compete against the AI on some of the world’s most challenging environments or play a four-player split-screen game with your friends, DIRT 5 has you covered.”​
DiRT 5 will be available October 2020 on the Xbox and PlaStation family of consoles and PC, with Google Stadia to follow.

Keep your eye out in the DiRT 5 sub forum here at RD - a perfect place to discuss the game.

New_York_1W.jpg
Norway_2W.jpg
Norway_6W.jpg

Last edited:
In my opinion total waste of time and resources.
But maybe this would get the "kid community" away from Dirt Rally to the according product (DirtX)......

Instead CM should focus on a proper rally game containing following points:

-proper VR implementation from beginning
-bundle content instead splitting it to several dlcs
-get proper simracers to ensure good ffb support
-focus only on rally content
-establish good community giving them (us) a finished product
-major priority to implement correct the physics from the beginning
^^this could be a base for further "expanding" the product and ensure a long term fanbase

Great idea, but for a global company massively single minded, they would not buy iy.

They need rallycross for online racing/content, plus the company paid for the tie in so it will stay especially of it goes electric sometime.

At first i was exicted for dirt 5 since i am a big fan of dirt 2 and 3 but when i saw the trailer again and the info they have given out, i am afraid that it will end up like Grid (2019). A 60 euro event selector with everything that made the first games great, not exist or be completely watered down. Can't wait to pick it for half the price in 4-5 months of the games release..

Silly mortals...thinking that hardcore sim racers represent the majority of people buying racing titles globally. These threads are always laughable, watching the elitism of some in here.

Here's a thought: It takes $$$$ to acquire accurate laserscanned track data & car data and lots of time to develop these super realistic physics and tyre models (that are never good enough for many of you, no matter how hard the devs try)...all to cater to what...only the diehard sim racers? The whopping 5% of us (if that many)? I wonder if some of you were this much of a pain over physics models when you were 7 years old...or were you just having fun playing Mario Kart and all the other arcade titles? Fun while racing...what a concept...

Sim racing is in the best state it's ever been: amazing hardware, more choices of sims, accurate tracks, incredible feeling cars...all while being able to race people on the other side of this big blue planet...Dirt 5 and all other arcade games aren't threatening that one bit. So just sit down, fire up your favourite sim of choice and, if you have nothing constructive to say but rag on something you haven't played yet, just shut up. This is RACEdepartment not SIMRACEdepartment.

Yeah, not excited for it, it looks like something we absolutely don't need, it has nothing (as far as I can tell) that's new, thrilling or exciting that hasn't already been put in other games, everything in this trailer could as well been recorded in Forza Horizon 4, it's time to move on to other projects Codemasters, Dirt Rally took over the rally scene, the Dirt series it self is boring now and doesn't provide anything special.

I honestly don't understand the confusion here. Numbered Dirt titles were focusing on multidiscipline arcade fun, and the newer Dirt Rally titles are focusing on pure rally/rally cross biased towards simulation values. Nothing new here many of you act like with the announcement of Dirt5 the franchise turned directions into the unknown.
Also, comparing it to Forza Horizon, really? Maybe i'm missing something but i can't see any hint in this trailer that this would be an open world free roaming game.
The first Dirt game (Colin McRae Dirt) was released in 2007, ffs! Where this confusion comes from?

Reactions: BP
Simply put it is just revenue stream, they are in a cycle of one then another with the F1 games ticking over. ALL of the games are based on the existing, previous game in some way, so in reality you could perhaps skip three or four years and get almost the same feel, style etc with differing content, it's like FIFA or Madden etc, just a sort of portal over an existing engine, it is massively lazy development.

It is basically a business plan based on the least amount of work for the maximum profit.

You either buy into it or don.t and I don't.

There is an answer, hold them to account, don't buy the trash, and they will be forced to build something new and different.

All has become clear as Codemasters confirm their new off road racing title is... DiRT 5!

Yes, the teaser has become an announcement, with Codies confirming the fifth instalment of their DiRT franchise is in the works and expected to launch towards the end of the year.

View attachment 370463

The full press release:

DIRT 5’s global journey takes in some of the most thrilling, exotic, and picturesque settings such as New York City and Rio de Janeiro alongside challenging events in remote areas of Greece and China. Players will experience the thrill of in-your-face extreme racing in a variety of vehicle classes from buggies, unlimited trucks, and rock bouncers to traditional and modern rally cars.

The expansive narrative-driven Career is bigger in every way with event types and challenges across some of the toughest terrain. Before hitting the track, get creative using the livery editor, with more customisation options than any previous DIRT game. DIRT 5 features a non-linear progression path, so players can choose more of the events they want.

DIRT 5 heralds the return of split-screen for up to four players. The full list of game modes will be announced shortly, including a new game mode focused on creativity and designed for social couch play with friends or global online battles against the best racers in the DIRT universe.

DIRT 5 also boasts a roster of voice talent led by the iconic Nolan North and Troy Baker. Together, and in their unique style, the dynamic duo guide and mentor players through the Career mode and feature in the DIRT in-game podcast series, including the voice talents of other celebrities from the worlds of racing and gaming.

“As a studio, we are big fans of DiRT 2 and 3. This game is our homage: a bigger, amplified DIRT off-road experience in a setting that is alive, challenging and fun,” said Robert Karp, DIRT 5 Development Director at Codemasters. “Whether you want to compete against the AI on some of the world’s most challenging environments or play a four-player split-screen game with your friends, DIRT 5 has you covered.”​
DiRT 5 will be available October 2020 on the Xbox and PlaStation family of consoles and PC, with Google Stadia to follow.

Keep your eye out in the DiRT 5 sub forum here at RD - a perfect place to discuss the game.

View attachment 370464View attachment 370465View attachment 370466
Dirtshowdown 2 fun for kids.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%