Racing incident but a certain percentage of blame goes to the drivers i'd say 70% Max and 30% Lewis.
Max made a move a stuck out his elbows to force Lewis off the track, Lewis could of backed down completely but would have had a very slow exit . 6 yrs ago Lewis would have done what Max did.... Max needs to learn quickly it's not just speed and aggressiveness ...... he needs to use Tactics if not he's in danger of being labelled crash kid.
Alonso could teach him a thing or two

Even though all of the drivers swear, clearly Lewis would be BANNED for a week from Race Department while everyone else is "you're alright mate".

tldr: bollox

Last edited:
Rather 7 years ago when LH was doing silly things on track including stupid crashes with Massa.

Yeah, like crashing with Nico on Barcalona wasn't stupid :p

Hamilton has occasionally showed he doesn't like the door closing on him.

Would be interesting to hear from those who just press 'disagree' but don't chime in on the OP.

Unfortunately it's a sign of modern motor racing that drivers use these sorts of racing tactics.

The "either let me through or we'll have an accident" is something I don't like to see in racing. If both drivers don't want to back off this is what happens, I'm afraid. A racing incident but an avoidable one.

If Verstappen had taken a slightly tighter line on the exit of the corner they both would have got through without harm. It's about giving the person you are racing against room to manoeuvre, he'd won the corner so he didn't have to do what he did. However as mentioned above he maybe simply went in way too deep into the corner and just couldn't slow down enough.

I watched the Blancpain sprint series at the weekend and there was some great side by side racing. However there were also a few moves like those above. Whereby the driver makes the move and then runs the other car of the road so he has no option but to back off or have an accident. It used to be about giving the other guy room but hey ho, modern motor racing I guess.

Not having a whinge just an observation :)

Unfortunately it's a sign of modern motor racing that drivers use these sorts of racing tactics.

The "either let me through or we'll have an accident" is something I don't like to see in racing. If both drivers don't want to back off this is what happens, I'm afraid. A racing incident but an avoidable one.

If Verstappen had taken a slightly tighter line on the exit of the corner they both would have got through without harm. It's about giving the person you are racing against room to manoeuvre, he'd won the corner so he didn't have to do what he did. However as mentioned above he maybe simply went in way too deep into the corner and just couldn't slow down enough.

I watched the Blancpain sprint series at the weekend and there was some great side by side racing. However there were also a few moves like those above. Whereby the driver makes the move and then runs the other car of the road so he has no option but to back off or have an accident. It used to be about giving the other guy room but hey ho, modern motor racing I guess.

Not having a whinge just an observation :)

Modern racing? We're same age, what kind of contactless racing did you watch back in the day??

racing incident. At least VER wasnt swerving all over the road, he needed to be "run into" in the first year or 2. He feels all others will just get out of the way.
But then again, lets face it, HAM's dad could win in that Benz.

why bashing Verstappen or Hamilton, just be glad there are some real racers who are doing the racingstuff instead of managing the whole race. And they don't care about it, even if you are an 4time worldchampion. :p

QUESTION: why was MAX going on to 8e position, and HAM still in 9e?
MAX was the faster driver, HAM could know that, he just did not want to giveup his position. Who is the dickhead? HAM is, he is a bad loser, as allways!!!!

Yeah, like crashing with Nico on Barcalona wasn't stupid :p

Hamilton has occasionally showed he doesn't like the door closing on him.

Would be interesting to hear from those who just press 'disagree' but don't chime in on the OP.
According to your own standards (telling from your prior reply to an earlier post), there is nothing useful to say about it since the stewards considered it was a racing incident.

It's a racing incident, they would both make the same move again as would most drivers on the grid. It's a risk/reward thing. You weigh the risk, you make the move, you take the glory if you win the place and you take the damage if you try to squeeze and make contact and that's about all there is to it.

Ultimately Max was unlucky, the contact looks wheel to wheel and the chance of lowing a tire in that kind of contact is generally pretty low when compared to say a front wing. Another 9 times out of 10 he probably doesn't lose the tire and they continue their battle down the road into T4.

I also think the words of drivers spoken 5 minutes after getting out of the car should be taken with a pinch of salt. They get out full of adrenaline and in this case disappointment and say things in a way they probably wouldn't in the cold light of day. They've all been guilty of that in the little ante room after the race at some point. If anything the situation in that regard is worse on the podium drivers. Half the field will get out of their cars after a race with fury in them about something but the rest get to go somewhere quiet and stick their head under a cold tap and take stock a little before they have to go to the pen and be interviewed.

Modern racing? We're same age, what kind of contactless racing did you watch back in the day??

It probably started around the time of Senna but more so with Schumacher. Two great drivers who used these tactics to pass other drivers, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't! lol :)

What I noticed (especially when Schumacher was winning lots of races) you saw young racers in junior categories using the same tactics of getting alongside and then giving the other driver the choice of going off track or having contact and an accident. The idea of giving your competitor "racing room" kind of disappeared and I just find that a little sad.

Yes you saw it a lot in racing cars (Touring Cars for example) but less so with open wheelers where the risk of injury (flipping cars for one) or breaking the car was too great. So racing room and respect for the guy you were passing was needed.

As I say I'm not complaining or moaning my friend, it's just the way it is now. Just conversation :)

Racing incident.
Sensitivity filter off - mods we are grown men.
F1 has become a sport for female kittens...
Everything that made F1 is being eroded away and there not much left of the pure testosteron driven sexiness that made racing great. Engineers, sim racers, politically correct....BORING.

Give me WRC, Supercars, GTn or for “copulation” sake even NASCAR over this over valued tech driven media gig.

Today’s F1 is a reflection of our modern society, totally tech driven, politically boring and shallow as heck.

It probably started around the time of Senna but more so with Schumacher. Two great drivers who used these tactics to pass other drivers, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't! lol :)

What I noticed (especially when Schumacher was winning lots of races) you saw young racers in junior categories using the same tactics of getting alongside and then giving the other driver the choice of going off track or having contact and an accident. The idea of giving your competitor "racing room" kind of disappeared and I just find that a little sad.

Yes you saw it a lot in racing cars (Touring Cars for example) but less so with open wheelers where the risk of injury (flipping cars for one) or breaking the car was too great. So racing room and respect for the guy you were passing was needed.

As I say I'm not complaining or moaning my friend, it's just the way it is now. Just conversation :)

Didn't think you were complaining, just that 'modern racing' was a funny tag, as if drivers weren't touching while overtaking back in the day. Go to YT and watch historic overtakes pre-Senna, lots of moves that showes exactly the same kind of mentality as today or during Senna and Schumacher era, nothing was ever clean.

IMO it is racing incident, and I agree with Coulthard and Webber. Definitely should have left more room for outside car in this case on corner exit, even if Hamilton was able to move just a little bit out, he must not have done that.

So Vertappen this time. But in general it is racing incident.

As an individual case it is a racing accident requiring no action.

Looking at Verstappen's overall contact rate with other cars from such situations there needs to be some adjustment.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 83 70.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 25 21.2%