The lines dictate the track boundaries. (yes I know they can always go over, and do)
But say Ham did go outside and somehow got back in front then use would be saying unfair advantage.

Though my main argument is racing room. Ham left plenty of race room on the inside, and Verstappen needs (as they should all do) leave race room on the outside... No Verstappen doesn't have to but Hamilton doesn't need to yield either.

So again Max took the gamble.. rolled the dice (as they all do) and hope the overtaken car backs out..

This time he didn't, and Max paid.

That move in general i.e squeeze the overtaken car off track is to stop a come back maneuver. IF the FIA/F1 wanted more overtaking, they should enforce this maneuver as unacceptable standard and leave race room to allow both cars to stay inside track boundaries

He called him dickhead almost in a friendly way lol Instantly F1 feels more cozy to me :D

Nice to see driver being himself in that room. It is always depressing for me to see them being filmed in that room preparing for podium, I know that emotions are boiling, but they are always keeping it so cold and emotionless, that it is often so uncomfortable to watch.

85ba409e600b11e206d35f96226d94f6

VER did not leave a place on the track for HEM rear wheels
http://piccy.info/view3/12232266/85ba409e600b11e206d35f96226d94f6/

I don't know why Lewis is in trouble for calling Max a Dickhead. Team radio after contact sees drivers swearing about other drivers all the time. Listen to Ocon after the clash with Perez in Belgium last year, or even KMag after Grosjean almost took him out in the same race. How is any of that different to what Lewis did?

This whole thing was a Dutch journalist trying to stop precious Max being insulted. It's the same media bias that every nation gives for their drivers (cough Sky and British drivers cough). OK, the wording "dickhead" may be harsh, but there's plenty of other descriptions which could be scrutinised.

KMag told Hulkenberg to suck his balls. Rather than being something that should have offended everyone, it became a great bit of comedy and memery for the rest of the season. This is not a worthy controversy.

• Deleted member 113561

Both drivers were on same height on entry, yet VERstappen didn't care and drove to the track edge in an attempt to either force HAMilton off track (remember ie. Spa against RAI? and many more similar situations) or in the hope HAM would simply yield.

Clearly fault VER by 95-5%. 5% HAM because he could have lifted a bit more to avoid a collision. But actually I prefer it like this because VER will never learn it otherwise.

I guess VER only got no penalty because he was karma'd with his puncture while HAM could continue without problems, otherwise there should have been something around a 10 sec time penalty.

Anyone thinking VER is a great driver or deserves a title or has a great personality:
How many incidents more does it need until you realize that all of this is not true.
Ricciardo is beating him on a regular basis (2017 they had about the same technial issues btw.) aswell.
At least he is no Maldonado :)

Verstappen is having accidents most drivers usually have in GP3/F2 or other junior categories. Yes he has proved himself to totally deserve to be in a front-running F1 seat, but the lack of time in lower categories means he is making rookie errors in the most costly ways.

Are you kidding me with this guy Verstappen. The problem with this guy is that he is a risk taker and also with that broke his car also in qualification. They pretend 150hp came suddenly out but its just excuses. This Verstappen is an idiot and he deserve it to go down like this. Hopefully more drivers collega learn from this and do the same thing when he try to pass them in the future.

I don't understand the comments about how Verstappen had the corner by a car length or Hamilton should have backed off. If you watch the replay from the beginning of the turn, Hamilton is slightly ahead. Obviously, with Verstappen right next to him, he - Verstappen - had the corner. So Hamilton concedes the turn and keeps to the outside. His left wheels are on the curb. Verstappen, rather than keep to an inside line and give him room, continues to the outside into Hamilton's line.

Personally, I think Verstappen just thought he was past Hamilton and mis-judged. A mistake born out of his aggressive nature.

I'll agree to chalk this up to a racing incident but Verstappen is clearly the one at fault. If he just stayed on the inside, none of this would have happened and he would have been able to continue racing.

It was declared as a racing incident. Verstappen could have braked to avoid the crash, Hamilton could have backed out of it as the Red Bull was a bit in front with its nose. But none of this WAS a necessity so it was fine for me. Verstappen paid the price, Hamilton did not.

I voted Verstappen to blame.

Unfortunately it has become a very common behavior to leave the outside driver not enough room even though he's still besides.

Sometimes I feel like those drivers like Verstappen want to show their strength this way, sending out the message "You better give in next time!" like Senna or Schumi seemed to do here and then.

But I can be wrong and Verstappen simply thought he had passed Hamilton.

Owh man stop complaining when there is actualy action on the track. Or do we all wanna see another race like in Melbourne. Nobody was at fault.
I was more upset by the fact Botas did not even make one move to overtake Vettel. Yes you can say dirty air etc etc. But he closed in with such a speed and we seen a lot of overtakes this race. Yet he was fine with taking no risk and ending up second. These racers is what will destroy F1 where there is no action and everybody is just following each other in qualification order.

So please 20 more F1 drivers like Hamilton, Vettel and Verstappen on track and we have no boring races!

Owh man stop complaining when there is actualy action on the track. Or do we all wanna see another race like in Melbourne. Nobody was at fault.
I was more upset by the fact Botas did not even make one move to overtake Vettel. Yes you can say dirty air etc etc. But he closed in with such a speed and we seen a lot of overtakes this race. Yet he was fine with taking no risk and ending up second. These racers is what will destroy F1 where there is no action and everybody is just following each other in qualification order.

So please 20 more F1 drivers like Hamilton, Vettel and Verstappen on track and we have no boring races!

Generally speaking I agree with you. I don't think people are necessarily complaining, just voicing who we think is to blame. I personally don't mind Verstappen and his aggressive nature has certainly been entertaining. I would like to see him, though, start to learn from the stupid mistakes so he lasts longer and get to see more of his driving throughout the race.

Generally speaking I agree with you. I don't think people are necessarily complaining, just voicing who we think is to blame. I personally don't mind Verstappen and his aggressive nature has certainly been entertaining. I would like to see him, though, start to learn from the stupid mistakes so he lasts longer and get to see more of his driving throughout the race.

You rate it as a dickhead move. I don't. I want to see every driver make these moves. Get more action in it. You can not say that it was a stupid move. Ok it ended badly but there was a opening to overtake and you got to take it if you wanna win.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back