Car Radar

Apps Car Radar 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Next try,
cr3.jpg
cr4.jpg
I have still to add options in the menu for some stuff. See how you like this..

https://mega.nz/#!gJdAGRJK!D_h13aw_uDATrmSio6sdVEDo3auiZQn1GGev7KLZJrM

Just downloaded and tested in simple mode.
Man, you are ... you are... a f...g crazy genius.
Do you know what you done? I have no words to say. :D
The new VERY advanced futures are so wise, so smart, so accurate, so smooth, so looking good. Thank you, Del. All is ideal for me in race. Other small cosmetic futures i allready have done ( mod) in you app, so i dont' have any request and wishes. Absolute happy with your app. Let's other guys check too and make a feedback . You just try to check code optimization and release! Best wishes! You make my day! :thumbsup:
Thanks for all! :)

Pretty cool. Not sure if I would use this option that rotates the cone pointing to nearby cars (I'd rather it just show left or right warnings when someone is left or right, and be blank all other times). And of course I'd like the background image too. :)

I have this app right in the center of the screen, and I have it so it shows even cars right in front of me. Having the cones up, even if they are mostly transparent, would block too much of my view, I think.

Folks that use it like Baikal's video (a bit lower on the screen) would probably really dig this version, however.

Russel, rotating cones was a big surprise for me too. But when i begun to use it i find it more intuitive , more informative and better in using by lateral ( not direct) vision. Bravo, Del!
BTW. Option to disable other cars colors at all will be great, imho. These rotating cones indicators is so good working in ranges ( distances and angles) , that other colored objects may be not needs here.

Last edited:
I have no display of the icon in the game. Installed multiple times no change. The 2 icons are in the icon directory.

Otherwise, only sidekick and chrewchief are activated.

What can I do?

I found the mistake myself why Caradar did not want to work anymore. Carradar had filed his car files in two different apps folders in the document / assettocorsa folder. I deleted both of them, reinstalled Carradar and it works again.

I have a problem now with the version 1.4. With VR and in conjunction with Sidekick constantly the gear icon for the settings appears. That only goes away when I close Sidekick or open Sidekick's window with Sidekick's Carfiles.

I hope itsjustdel fixes this time.

Maybe my contribution has helped someone.

How is this app compared to helicorsa?
I like it MUCH BETTER.

The main difference is that Car Radar is fully customizable.
I adjust it so it looks like a realistic red LED HUD in the lower portion of the wind shield (similar to current generation BMW road cars).

I found Helicorsa always too intrusive and too video-gamey looking.

Car Radar works similar to Helicorsa and shows similar information.
Newer revisions even show precisely blue flag cars behind you, preventing those bad moments in traffic where you make way for a car behind you as of blue flags only to realize you let another competitor pass instead of the blue flag car behind :-(

Car Radar rocks and with sidekick it is one of a handful of MUST HAVE APPS !

I'm having the same problem with a duplicate image in the right eye on my Oculus rift. It's not just the settings menu, I get duplicate cars, and if I open the settings menu I get a duplicate of the whole thing. It doesn't do it in Open VR mode, but I'd rather not have to use Open VR. https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nn1QvVr2bqRT9KpH6
If I unselect carRadar from the side bar so that it isn't visible on the centre of the screen, the double image on the right eye is still visible when cars come in range, even though it isn't visible in the centre of the screen. Another thing to note is the double image is fixed to my head so it moves where I look.
I've checked with helicorsa and a couple of other apps and it seems like carRadar is the only one that has the double image.

This looks like a very neat app - kudos to the author. Personally I prefer racing hud-free in VR and using the Crew Chief audio spotter for deeper immersion, but Car Radar seems to be the best of the top-down visual versions.

I hadn't heard of Crew Chief before, I tried it on the weekend, it's pretty neat but I feel like it takes more concentration/brain power to pay attention to what he's saying and if the car is still there or not. I might try it some more and try turning off most of the other notifications.

But, I've found out how to fix the double image! I did a bunch of googling and looked at other apps and in particular noticed that helicorsa had an ac.addRenderCallback but no acUpdate. So I tried renaming all occurrences of 'acUpdate' to 'renderstuff', and it fixed it and removed the double image! I'm learning c++ but haven't done much python or any mods, so I'm pretty pleased with myself for stumbling on the solution.
My limited understanding is that AC calls acUpdate automatically and so having it in the addRenderCallback it was being called twice. I tried commenting out ac.addRenderCallback(appWindow , acUpdate) to see what would happen and I got the ghost image locked to my headset view again and an empty carRadar app window where carRadar had previously been.

oh, I've been away for a while! Nice one erik! I should probably do a final release of this and sort all the lasting problems. Care to send me your fixed script erik and I can apply the changes? I just learned python for this app and in the AC environment it hasn't been easy for me to bug check, basically because it takes so long to load a level and check stuff every time!

Ok racers, I have a new update for anyone who would like to give me any feedback.

Download from Google Drive (click arrow in top corner)

Added features:
  • Proximity/Blind spot warning flags and customisation options
  • Background with colour and shape options
To do before I release:
  • Bug with config render if no cars are near player on track
I'm waiting to hear back for a possible optimisation fix. At the moment if i draw a nice circle it uses too many triangles and crushes frame rates, so the backgrounds are cool stylised shapes at the moment :p

If anybody is struggling for fps, I recommend unticking the fps limiter in AC options, or at least give it 10 fps more for headroom.

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2018.08.22 - 20.23.29.84 (4).png Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2018.08.22 - 20.23.56.65 (2).png Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2018.08.22 - 20.24.33.52 (2).png Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2018.08.22 - 20.24.58.60 (2).png Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2018.08.22 - 20.25.17.24 (2).png Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2018.08.22 - 20.25.52.75 (2).png

Last edited:
I don't have time to install right now but downloaded & will later. Just curious though if I will be able to use my Current config with no shapes just transparent until a car comes close. I really like using it with no circle or background where the only thing that shows is the Cars.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back