Apps Car Radar 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
itsjustdel updated Car Radar with a new update entry:

1.6 - Rear Cut Off Distance

I give you, Car Radar v1.6 - Rear Cut Off Distance

rear cut 0.jpg

rear cut 1.jpg

rear cut 2.jpg

Adjust the red line with the new "REAR CUT OFF" setting to remove the clutter of cars behind you. Setting is defaulted to previous app...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've just tried this latest update and it works perfectly, I now have it setup so just as the cars move out of my mirrors and into my blind spots they show up on the radar and as soon as they just pull in front so I can see them in my windows they drop off of the radar again so the app is not intrusive at all as it just pops up exactly when needed. Love it!

ummm I didn't think I was this much of a rookie to ask this...
I already have the previous version, and installing this one via content manager, I don't get the new options in game. Same options as previous version.
I manually deleted previous version (App folder), then re-installed this new version. Same issue. And yes it is activated in CM settings, it runs in-game, just not the new updated version looking at all like your screenshots.
help?

ummm I didn't think I was this much of a rookie to ask this...
I already have the previous version, and installing this one via content manager, I don't get the new options in game. Same options as previous version.
I manually deleted previous version (App folder), then re-installed this new version. Same issue. And yes it is activated in CM settings, it runs in-game, just not the new updated version looking at all like your screenshots.
help?
That's weird, I just deleted the CarRadar folder in my apps and pasted the new CarRadar folder in its place and it worked right away. Hopefully @itsjustdel will know what to do.

That's weird, I just deleted the CarRadar folder in my apps and pasted the new CarRadar folder in its place and it worked right away. Hopefully @itsjustdel will know what to do.
RESOLVED. Thanks Ripp, you gave me the idea of what to try: manual delete of the old folder, then paste of the new one. In-game it was there under "Hidden Apps" bottom of list, right side of screen.
Works great!

Last edited:
Anyone able to offer advice to me in regards to CarRadar only working in single player. It was working flawlessly for me for years but now displays nothing in online races though I can still see that the app has been placed.

90% of surrounding cars aren't a solid color. It just shows outline of their car. Makes car radar impossible to use. Ive reinstalled multiple times and checked every setting. Anyone else experience this problem?

Good to hear it's working somewhat.. Still not very good. There's a chance its unhappy with a particular car model, or the car radar config file has become confused.

You can try deleting it from your documents/assettocorsa/apps/carradar

Car radar will recreate anything in that folder so you can delete all the car folders too (make sure you're not in the main installation folder!)

It's cool people are still using this little app, thanks everyone :)

Hello Guys, cant launch my CarRadar, it is enabled in apps but ingame Python Apps Debug shows me this error when launching CarRadar. Any ideas how to fix it ? Have tried to delete there folder and put it back with fresh one but no luck

[carRadar: error] Traceback
(most recent call last):
File "apps/python/
carRadar\carRadar.py", line
168, in acMain
scale = int(linelist[1])
IndexError: list index out o-range

Try deleting the car radar config file. It's in your documents folder, not the main assetto corsa installation folder

Documents/assettocorsa/apps/carradar

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240108-192139_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240108-192139_Chrome.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks