Car Radar

Apps Car Radar 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
I use both Car Radar and Helicorsa right on top of each other and also use Content Manager. No problems with either app while racing this morning. :\
I think we got it sorted :)

Also, proximity flags incoming (VERY WORK IN PROGRESS!)
ca1.jpg

Ok, so here is a test for the next update, if there is anyone who like to give me some feedback that'd be great before I push the update proper. I'm aware it eats some more fps, I will add a "simple mode" version of the semi circles but it will still take a few fps from you :( I'm at the point where I can't do anything, the interface wasn't designed for this much going on I think :)
cr2.jpg
Let me know what you think!

Download here

Place script in installation folder/apps/python/carRadar

Wow wow Wow! Great thanks for new future and test update, Del! Will test it asap. :)
In picture i see a lot of colors! ))) So i hope it will be possible to configure :). I have an ideal (for me) picture ( see my vid above with HC merge) and hope i can to config near the same ( easy and well readable) car overlap indication :)

Just tested this beta. Good skill, Del! :thumbsup:
But. Main thing here for pilots use - just indicate, can i drive ( turn) to other car place. No needs other flags, distance, angles info to cars :).
Yes\No in left\right side flag is all what pilot needs.
Car length from your car database and may be add some margin ( up to 0,3m)- will be a only coding point here, IMHO.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not at a place I can test it currently, but from the screenshot above it looks like that's too many notices. As Baikal says, you really only need to know when there's a danger of you hitting someone that you can actually hit (i.e. to the sides). Proximity to the front is handled by the giant viewport in front of you, and for the most part if there is a collision behind you it's going to come too fast for a proximity warning in this type of app to help you out.

I'm all for having left/right cones (this is basically all I'm using Helicorsa on top of your app to accomplish).

I think ideally you should just detect a variable distance to the left and right (configurable in your amazingly done configuration interface) and then have like 90 degree arcs of yellow-orange-red depending on distance to both left and right sides. And for bonus points, just a car length wide strip to either side as an option.

Here's what mine looks like with my custom Helicorsa graphics added:

Vwc8RAj.png

60Ib3oo.png

My pleasure. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

And God.. Those car outlines in your attachments are killing me

Outlines? On the cars? Or on the warning cones? You certainly don't have to replicate the ones on the cones. I only did that because it makes sure I can see them no matter what the background happens to be.

My pleasure. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Outlines? On the cars? Or on the warning cones? You certainly don't have to replicate the ones on the cones. I only did that because it makes sure I can see them no matter what the background happens to be.
I'm talking about the outlines my code creates :) glitchy glitchy

I'm talking about the outlines my code creates :)
Use simple mode in your app! Save FPS and have a good picture ! ;) :p
Thanks Del for you are hearing us. Make simple and clear indication :) HC flags principle is idealy here, IMHO. BUT HC is not counting car sizes. It's fixed ( via HC config)
You can add red- yellow flags to indicate that the other car is in your wheel base ( red) or in your outer gabarites ( yellow color). For simplification you can use 2\3 of car length to determine red zone. Save FPS!
Best wishes!:)

so..like this?

mockup.jpg

If other car is outside your car length, no flag.
If end of other car is within the end of your own car but outside wheelbase, then yellow.
If end of other car is within your own wheelbase, then red flag.

Or should I use other car's wheelbase instead of length?

I'll keep the "full" mode with all the colours and make it swtichable in the menu, just because it took me a while and looks nice when it is all moving :) An "attract mode" :)

Length would probably be better if only because it'll make the warnings come up sooner and stay longer. And would the cone come off the rear wheel, or off the length of the car? Seems odd to only warn about proximity to your rear wheels as shown in your mockup.

2 Dell- all right man :thumbsup: But please yellow flag when cars is NOT overlaped 30 sm to margins. Its important. Better to know that car is very very close to you. Dont turn in this car from now! :D In you 2nd picture, pink car should be on approx 0,6 m lower.
and Can you add an option Red Color Only when in yellow range ? ( my using case)
2 Russel- agree. But not so principal. But If it will be red in car base- it will be more informative when car speeds is near the same ( high school pilots moving) ;)
All other info we have from car pictures too

Last edited:
so, yellow is safe to turn, red, not safe?
No No. Yellow, IMHO- car length + 30 sm in each side . For more safety ( + inet lag + user responsibility time) Its better to have this indent. As i remember - in HC it's realized.
PS You can code this flags using simplificated algorithm- longitude axle of car will be enough here, imho. Not need to calculate this flags using a full car dimentions.:) When you'll have a such indents- all will be ok for app using .

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back