Car Radar

Apps Car Radar 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
I've never had any problems with this app but it's skewed on brucektrain's Subaru WRX STi 2016, is there a way to fix it?

1603697981025.png

It's a problem with the mod's collider object unfortunately. You have two options to fix it, either open the collider's 3d model and re-align it (hard and annoying) or just copy and paste another subaru's car radar files in to Brucektrain's folder in the car radar folder in Documents/assettocorsa/apps/carradar/[Mod car Name].
So keep BruceKtrain's folder name but replace the files inside with another car's.

You want to replace faces.txt, normals.txt and vertices.txt.

You can PM me if you get lost, good luck!

It's a problem with the mod's collider object unfortunately. You have two options to fix it, either open the collider's 3d model and re-align it (hard and annoying) or just copy and paste another subaru's car radar files in to Brucektrain's folder in the car radar folder in Documents/assettocorsa/apps/carradar/[Mod car Name].
So keep BruceKtrain's folder name but replace the files inside with another car's.

You want to replace faces.txt, normals.txt and vertices.txt.

You can PM me if you get lost, good luck!
Thank you! I got if fixed, I swapped the car radar files
1603714278251.png

Hey there, Im having difficulty installing car radar, actually it seems like it was installed, but I cant enable it on the right side menu when I am in the game, it does not show up as one of my apps, if you could help me I would really appreciate it

Hi there, been using the apps for years, but it won't work anymore. Tried uninstalling CR, deleting folders in AC root folder and in Documents, verified the game files through Steam and reinstalled CR. No luck, still not showing up in the right pane :(
I've already had this issue and it was ( I think ) a problem with the config file in Documents but my workaround won't work this time

Any car radar messages in the console (press Home in cockpit)? Bypass content manager and launch through official launcher and enable in options there? Do a search for "carradar" in log files in Documents, anything there? Feel free to PM me and we can figure this out :)

Just installed Car Radar mod and it makes my fps capped at 3-4 fps. Now I tried removing it and it's back to normal, is there a way to fix this issue with Car Radar?

Hello.
When I run the app, everything is fine until I realise all the car icons are sideways and are not scaled correctly. Can you help me fix this?
Thanks in advance

Edit: Nevermind, I just figured out the car I was using had some wonky vertices. Other cars are ok

Last edited:
Originally installed Car Radar, worked great, loved it. Last week installed Discord and our whole game went wonky. Figured out that discord caused the issue. Uninstalled and everything back to normal EXCEPT that we can't get Car Radar back. Tried installing via CM, tried installing manually. Checked box in CM to activate. Went in through just AC to verify activated. All activated. Icons won't show up to the side in game. Changed Dev Apps from 0 to 1....I'm out of things to try. Any help? Really want the app back!

Originally installed Car Radar, worked great, loved it. Last week installed Discord and our whole game went wonky. Figured out that discord caused the issue. Uninstalled and everything back to normal EXCEPT that we can't get Car Radar back. Tried installing via CM, tried installing manually. Checked box in CM to activate. Went in through just AC to verify activated. All activated. Icons won't show up to the side in game. Changed Dev Apps from 0 to 1....I'm out of things to try. Any help? Really want the app back!
Try pressing Home after you get in the cockpit to pull up the console and see if there's any car radar messages. I have found the icons don't always work these days with content manager installation. Try scrolling all the way up on the sidebar and look for an empty icon. Also do a search on your c drive for "carradar" delete the config file for it. Other than that I'm not sure... I have discord and it works fine with it. You could also search the error logs in the assetto corsa folder in Documents. Let me know if you find anything to do with car radar. Usually any error messages are fixed by deleting the car radar config file. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey there, Im having difficulty installing car radar, actually it seems like it was installed, but I cant enable it on the right side menu when I am in the game, it does not show up as one of my apps, if you could help me I would really appreciate it
Same here, did you fixed this problem?

Try pressing Home after you get in the cockpit to pull up the console and see if there's any car radar messages. I have found the icons don't always work these days with content manager installation. Try scrolling all the way up on the sidebar and look for an empty icon. Also do a search on your c drive for "carradar" delete the config file for it. Other than that I'm not sure... I have discord and it works fine with it. You could also search the error logs in the assetto corsa folder in Documents. Let me know if you find anything to do with car radar. Usually any error messages are fixed by deleting the car radar config file. Good luck!
I appreciate your answer. We ended up completely wiping the game and Content Manager and reinstalled CarRadar. It all worked. We did not install CM. Everything was going well until a day ago when all of the mods in the game seemed to reset themselves. Everything else was simple to get back - just click on the icons on the sidebar, move, resize, etc. But CarRadar won't come back. I did what you said about hitting Home and found the following message:
Python [ERROR] File apps/python/acnotify/acnotify.py not found in folder
[PY ERROR]: apps/python/carRadar\carRadar.py (163) list index out of range
I'm not great with computers, so that means nothing to me, but hopefully it might make sense to you.

I also tried finding the config file. Again, I'm not great at computer stuff, so it might be user error, but when I searched my C: drive, nothing related to CarRadar came up even though I verified the files were where they had been before. Can you give me a normal location for the config file, or the specific name of a file I should be looking for?

I also have a question in on the Assetto Corsa support forums to try to figure out what is happening since it's not just the carRadar mod that is a problem - it's just the one that seems to not come back as easily and the one we care about the most.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 48 54.5%