Car Radar

Apps Car Radar 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
"[PY ERROR]: apps/python/carRadar\carRadar.py (163) list index out of range"
This means something to me! It means it is trying to read the car radar config file but it is getting an error, so it has found the file which is probably empty, because Content Manager has done something to it.
Normal location is c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\AssettoCorsa\apps\carradar and its called "config.txt", but I have also found an empty backup that content manager has made in the guts of it its files in [Username}/Appdata somewhere but I can't find that location now.

So try searching for "config.txt" in your Documents folder and see if you get anything car radar related and delete it. It rebuilds itself automatically, so don't worry. I wish I called the config file something more specific now! Let me know how you get on, good luck!

"[PY ERROR]: apps/python/carRadar\carRadar.py (163) list index out of range"
This means something to me! It means it is trying to read the car radar config file but it is getting an error, so it has found the file which is probably empty, because Content Manager has done something to it.
Normal location is c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\AssettoCorsa\apps\carradar and its called "config.txt", but I have also found an empty backup that content manager has made in the guts of it its files in [Username}/Appdata somewhere but I can't find that location now.

So try searching for "config.txt" in your Documents folder and see if you get anything car radar related and delete it. It rebuilds itself automatically, so don't worry. I wish I called the config file something more specific now! Let me know how you get on, good luck!
I can't thank you enough!! It worked :) My boys are the ones who are racing, and I'm the one who is expected to fix any problems, which doesn't work well when I have no clue how this stuff works :( They even discovered some new functions of carRadar that they didn't see before, and really like it. Thanks so much!

Yes! That's great news. Out of interest do you remember what directory the config.txt was in? And you can't be too bad, you figured it out ;)
It was in the path you told me....documents/assettocorsa/apps/carradar (the computer only has one user)

I've learned a lot more than I ever cared to know about how this game is set up, but every time I feel like we're good to go, a new issue happens :mad: And my oldest son isn't terribly understanding or patient while I try to figure things out, so I REALLY appreciate your help! I looked for a "Buy Me A Coffee" link, but didn't find it.

The app didnt show up in the app drawer for some reason
edit: it also doesnt show up in cm settings>assetto corsa>appwindows
Sorry you're having problems. I currently am unable to offer proper support at the moment (I don't have AC installed). It sounds like it may be installed in the wrong place. I'd advise not using CM and seeing if you can install it manually and then look for it in settings using the official launcher.
Let us know how you get on :)

Sorry you're having problems. I currently am unable to offer proper support at the moment (I don't have AC installed). It sounds like it may be installed in the wrong place. I'd advise not using CM and seeing if you can install it manually and then look for it in settings using the official launcher.
Let us know how you get on :)
deleting the files at Documents\Assetto Corsa\apps\carRadar seemed to work

hey guys.
im facing the issue, that everytime I try to start a race windows tells me that kn5converter.exe has stopped working. I tried setting up an exception in windows defender for it and deleting the config file but nothing seems to work.
I can enable the App in my sidebar but it won't show any cars nearby

Perhaps the antivirus has already snaffled it? Have a look for it in the car radar folder in the AC apps folder
\assettocorsa\apps\python\carRadar\dist

Last edited:
Nah, this is happening to me too. The Car Radar app just doesn't show up on the apps page. I have deleted the icons and the app folder and installed manually. The app will then show on the Assetto Corsa Apps page with a check mark, but it does not show up on the apps page to configure. It also doesn't show up on the apps page on track. Any help would be appreciated.

I just updated content manager and have it working. I tried to install using CM and it just doesn't work, it only moves half the files needed so..

My steps:
  • Delete folder Documents/Assetto Corsa/apps/carRadar
  • Delete folder [your steam library\location]\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\carRadar
  • drag assetto corsa folder from downloaded zip file to [your steam library\location]\steamapps\common
  • Delete the car radar icons go to \assettocorsa\content\gui\icons and remove carRadar_OFF.png and carRadar_ON.png and AC will show a default icon instead
  • go to settings / assetto corsa / apps in CM tick car radar
Drive!

1658658777439.png

Last edited:
Sorry to ask this, but i read the threat and can not solve it.
I installed car radar and make it unable phyton apps in the settings, I mark the squares.
But I can not find the aplication on the right hand menu. I tried to find and delete the config file but I do not find it.
I have tried both, installing draging to content manager and merging in the docs folder.
But does not work. Any help will be apreciated

Attachments

• imagen.docx
    75.3 KB · Views: 43

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 39 51.3%