Car Radar

Apps Car Radar 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello, background images are not supported sorry. Try playing around with the background option and shape, perhaps this will be enough. I remember wanting to keep the app clean looking when I wrote it. Thanks for interest, it's nice to know there is still interest 5 years after I wrote this!

Something weird happening. Carradar worked like charm but now all in a sudden i get this error message

1680448886840.png

Last edited:
Looks like it is trying to read a file that is empty. Try to delete the carradar folder in your documents folder. Might be inside assetto corsa's folder in Documents

Did you install the app with Content Manager? Perhaps it has changed the directory?
The error message is telling us that it has tried to read a line in carRadar's config file but it is empty. Sometimes the car radar config file is wiped clean for reasons unknown to me.
Try and find and carRadar directories that are not in the Assetto Corsa game directory and remove them, the app will rebuild anything it needs.
Car radar also doesn't like being installed by Content Manager so you can try removing it and manually installing it.
Good luck, people have had this issue in the past (look through the discussion history) and we have always fixed the issue.

Did you install the app with Content Manager? Perhaps it has changed the directory?
The error message is telling us that it has tried to read a line in carRadar's config file but it is empty. Sometimes the car radar config file is wiped clean for reasons unknown to me.
Try and find and carRadar directories that are not in the Assetto Corsa game directory and remove them, the app will rebuild anything it needs.
Car radar also doesn't like being installed by Content Manager so you can try removing it and manually installing it.
Good luck, people have had this issue in the past (look through the discussion history) and we have always fixed the issue.
found it
carradar working again :)

I love this app but I do have a slight issue with it, if I set the range so that it picks up cars either side of me on a track then it also picks up cars that are really quite far behind me that are too far away for me to be concerned with which means in a pack of cars I have a very busy screen full of cars on the radar but none of them are important to me, but if I decrease the range so it doesn't pick up cars far behind me then it doesn't pick up cars either side of me on a wide part of a track so suddenly they just appear next to me when they come in range. Wonder if it would be possible to makd the radars range shape more like a rectangle so it sees everything left and right but doesn't look so far back?

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the feedback, the app is no longer in development so I won't be adding your cool idea. I had designed it to avoid close encounters rather then being able to scan wider tracks. The code is all there in .py file so feel free to dive in and set a limit!

Hey thanks for the feedback, the app is no longer in development so I won't be adding your cool idea. I had designed it to avoid close encounters rather then being able to scan wider tracks. The code is all there in .py file so feel free to dive in and set a limit!
Hey thanks for the info man!

Hey thanks for the info man!
This reply was so positive and full of energy, it inspired me, so I brought the old app out of the garage and gave her one last feature.

I give you, Car Radar v1.6 - Rear Cut Off Distance

rear cut 0.jpg
rear cut 1.jpg
rear cut 2.jpg

Adjust the red line with the new "REAR CUT OFF" setting to remove the clutter of cars behind you. Setting is defaulted to previous app behaviour so don't worry if you don't want this, just don't touch the setting.

Also included is hopefully a fix for the app crashing when the config file is empty/corrupted. I still don't know why it happens sometimes but the worst thing that happens in this rare occurrence is you lose your settings, rather than the app crashing.

Thanks to @Ripp_ for the great idea and inspiration to go back in to that crazy spaghetti code I wrote 6 years ago!

This reply was so positive and full of energy, it inspired me, so I brought the old app out of the garage and gave her one last feature.

I give you, Car Radar v1.6 - Rear Cut Off Distance

View attachment 684126View attachment 684127View attachment 684128

Adjust the red line with the new "REAR CUT OFF" setting to remove the clutter of cars behind you. Setting is defaulted to previous app behaviour so don't worry if you don't want this, just don't touch the setting.

Also included is hopefully a fix for the app crashing when the config file is empty/corrupted. I still don't know why it happens sometimes but the worst thing that happens in this rare occurrence is you lose your settings, rather than the app crashing.

Thanks to @Ripp_ for the great idea and inspiration to go back in to that crazy spaghetti code I wrote 6 years ago!
OMG! Wow! Thanks so much, that'll be really useful :D

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes