Car Radar

Apps Car Radar 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sorry for bothering you
;_;

After a fresh install of ac and this app, It doesn't seem to be appearing in the tab in-game and I've been seeing this in the log file...

I tried this too...
  • If app fails to load, try deleting config.txt in Documents/AssettoCorsa/Apps/CarRadar
but the folder doesn't even exist in the first place
rip me

Untitled-1.png

Sorry for bothering you
;_;

After a fresh install of ac and this app, It doesn't seem to be appearing in the tab in-game and I've been seeing this in the log file...

I tried this too...
  • If app fails to load, try deleting config.txt in Documents/AssettoCorsa/Apps/CarRadar
but the folder doesn't even exist in the first place
rip me

View attachment 309903
Try going to C:/Users/*yourname*/Documents
I have my Documents folder relocated elsewhere, but for some reason Car Radar put its files in the default Documents location

Heyo! I just finished my first simracingsystem.com race using the Formula RSS 3 car and sadly the cars did not show up during the race in Car Radar. Other cars are working fine... is there something that RSS did to their mod car that makes it invisible to how Car Radar sees top down views of the car models?

This is the car mod in question: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/formula-rss-3-v6.26726/

Any help is greatly appreciated... as that car is pretty much impossible to race with my setup without your 100% accurate view of the world around me. :D

I'll check when I get home from work. Apologies... I usually do a bit more testing around with stuff before reporting bugs/requests. :)

By the way, what camera is that screenshot being taken from? My Halo has a big chunk cut out of it so I can see through it (since that's what it would look like with two eyes)... I wonder if that only happens if you are in cockpit 2 view... hrmm...

It's from standard cockpit view, field of view is probs 54 (?) I reinstalled to check the app but it hink it remembered my settings, usually i just press auto config (or whatever the button says) and it changes the FOV and the position to driver eyes. Maybe try just deleting the rss folder in the car radar config folder to make it generate a new mesh. Good luck, and no worries about reporting early!

Alrighty, looks like the problem is that whatever Car Radar uses to create the faces/normals/verts text files from most cars simply didn't do its thing with this car for some reason. There was no "rss_formula_rss_3_v6" folder for me to delete to get it to recreate itself. I did not see anything with SIMPLE enabled either.

What I did as a test was just grab another open wheel car I had that data for and dupe the folder, rename it, and now I have MOSTLY RSS F3 looking cars now. I used the dallara_f312 folder as it was the first open wheeler I noticed in the list. Close enough for government work!

But it looks like you at least got something on your end when looking at this car?... so I have no idea. I've installed a couple of new cars recently but the RSS F3 was the most recent. As a test I just installed another SRS car being used this season, the Toyota Sera. Made a race day with AI with it and Car Radar generated a new folder with the required data without issue. :O_o:

Edit: Okay, just for giggles, I went and deleted the BS folder I made for "rss_formula_rss_3_v6" and created a quick practice session... and magically the data was generated normally. The ONLY difference, and this is really weird, is that the few times I've started a session with the RSS F3, Windows 10 told me there was a .NET app needed to be installed. I've just been skipping it, but this time I went ahead and let it install. Is THAT what creates the mesh data? Because that would explain why this works fine now. Ugh... time for bed! Thanks for taking a look.

Last edited:
".NET app needed to be installed" - Yup! That's it, the .net app decrypts the Kunos files, to get to the mesh stuff. Car Radar is a precarious beast because of the encryption. I was hoping in the long run to translate the code in the .net to python so I wouldn't need to use the external .net app (which btw is crazy that Kunos hasn't closed this off - I could be running any old exe on your computer (I'm not!)). But, I never got round to it and this is the first time I remember a problem with it coming up. So good detective work and it's fun watching you poke around all my hard work ;)

Hey, I'm back! I deleted the folders for corvette_dp_c and corvette_dp_d to make sure Car Radar was rebuilding the display files for the Daytona Corvette Prototypes (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ier-car-pack-1-uscc-mod.7348/). I'm guessing since Car Radar repopulated the models after my deletion that this might be on IER's end, but I figured I'd post the issue here in case people drop in having the same issue:

Simple mode has the same tiny cars... they are just squat rectangles for some reason.

I think it is a problem from the 3d car model. This app uses car's collider mesh to represent it on screen. If you see inside the vertices.txt there are some vertices that represent the collide mesh. If you can't request for an update from the car's authors you can copy Car Radar data files from another car or you can try modify those data files with 3d editor to get the shape of the car. I did it before to correct Kuno's Ford Mustang which representation was showed rotated on this application.

I don't have vr so can't check this bug sorry, try deleting config file in documents and also any entries for car radar in AppData. Any problems I've had lately are to do with content manager trying to back up configs or something.

And that stops happening when you disable this mod only?

Yes, disabling this app only will solve the issue.

I don't have vr so can't check this bug sorry, try deleting config file in documents and also any entries for car radar in AppData. Any problems I've had lately are to do with content manager trying to back up configs or something.

Ok, I will try that as soon I have the time and report back.

If someone could post the contents of py.log from documents/assettocorsa/logs (or something like that) I can have a look. Have those using vr tried the updated file from a couple of pages back in this support thread?
Also, does it crash if you use the kunos launcher? Somebody was having a problem with the app and launched a race once from kunos launcher and it fixed it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.