Car Radar

Apps Car Radar 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ok ok, I see the performance drop when I enable the app and nothing is drawing. I am dropping around 10 frames on enable, but I am also running at 200 fps.. I'm pretty sure my drop in fps wasn't as much with my old gfx card, anyway, I'll look in to that, it shouldn't be happening.

So, one thing at a time, here is a potential fix for VR eye fluttering and maybe also fps improvement
Download

I don't have VR so you guys are gonna have to keep me right on this :)

Edit: Possible performance fix, was rendering config options with full transparency all the time. I'm getting similar frames form app enabled and app disabled now when no cars are being drawn

Last edited:
Been working on it for a few hours now and I can't find a better way to render the triangles :(. For Maximum performance, put on Simple Mode and make "drawOutlineOfCars = False", around line 38 in script.

I know there is a little bug with the cog until you click the app at the moment with the VR fix i posted above

im one of those that Brain told about this fix.... when i drop that file in over the top of the original car radar will not show up in game. As in, it does show up in the settings where i can tick apps on and off.... but once in car it is not in the list on the right edge of screen

i put the "old" file back and it works again.
any ideas?

Hmm, I just downloaded the file, placed it in the car radar folder and it is working fine. I can see it in the settings and in game. Did you only replace the .py file? All the folders with the carRadar folder should stay. Anyone else having problems?

Cool, I was mucking around with outline, I've obviously broken something. Does it work in vr? This was mainly to see if the vr flicker thing has been fixed. Thanks for the report tho

Hmm, I just downloaded the file, placed it in the car radar folder and it is working fine. I can see it in the settings and in game. Did you only replace the .py file? All the folders with the carRadar folder should stay. Anyone else having problems?

yeah i only replaced that one file.... must just be me..... no biggy, will just keep using the old one

I can't seem to get Car Radar to work anymore :( I redownloaded it, installed it via Content Manager and enabled it, but it doesn't show up in the right side-bar in game. I have other apps, like SideKick and 3DMap and they work just fine. Also installed Helicorsa, just to check, as it's a similar app, and that one works fine (but I don't really like it).
I have also installed the custom shaders patch. Could that have messed something up with car radar?

Hi guys, I can't get car radar to show up in the app list, it shows in the app selection in CM but it doesnt show up in the list pls heeeelp
Do a search for all car radar folders in c:/users/"YourName"/documents and delete everything to do with car radar. It's possible there are a couple of folders. Then download 1.52 and reinstall it. I think my latest test broke some things if launching from a fresh install

Hi there, I've used the mod and I got to say it is AMAZING, however, I can't get it to work again, it show's up in Content Manager Activated Apps list and its ticked but it doesn't show up in the "desktop" app list, any hints

Hi man thanks for the awesome app. However i'm getting a bug in VR. Somehow it renders the "Settings button" wrongly as a duplicate in the right eye? It's a little hard to explain but there's a flickering extra floating settings button that's only rendered in the right eye. Would provide a video if you'd like to see what i mean more clearly.

View attachment 217492

Thanks again for the great app!

Same issue... Oculus Rift S

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back