AC BTCC Round 3 @ Thruxton - Sunday 29th October 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. Next Sunday we're at Thruxton, for Round 3 of the '90s BTCC Season.

Join us!

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 + Abarth event earlier in the week . We also run a practice server all week for all events.

Thruxton68.png

• Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com #9 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com #9 - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 2 x 25 minute - Race
  • Qualification determines both R1 and R2 grid positions.

Cars (Ballast/Restrictor)

Event details:
  • Track: Thruxton 2.02
  • Pit stop: Optional
  • Track Temps: 18C air/24C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, Optimum grip.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • Fuel Rate - 70%

Useful Links:

Race Control

Recommended Apps

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. You will get 2 warnings before a 10 second penalty for exceeding track limits to your advantage. Any warnings/penalties are displayed in the chat window at the end of each lap.

Note: Please use your full real name in Discord and in game. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify who you are.

Info on scoring/penalties here

@Shed 17 Paul, sorry if I missed some of the chat earlier, the esc button couldn't get me to the menu, had to ctrl delete out:unsure:

Re the hard tyres (on the Volvo), I think the 'Smooth Operators' will get away with mediums - they're def quicker, would prob give a good advantage first 15+ mins, not sure the hards could claw that back.

Unfortunately new puppy is cutting down my practice time:roflmao:

Last edited:
sorry to here you are unwell, suppose i had better not moan on about my cold.:unsure:

is the race time to UK adjusted time winter time.:)

just in case i am not the only confused person.

Last edited:
Moaning ......
I have made big inroad's to stability with the Primera, but once I am in an unpredictable situation, it always kills me at some point. Unless I just don't get involved with overtaking, but it sort of what goes against racing, "even for someone like me", is all about.:(
I just cannot deal with unpredictable unstable car's, I can practice, but a racing is beyond my abilities with this thing. I try my best not to hit someone when I try an overtake, but in that there the problem lies. I am so careful that I lift in the wrong place and the car is gone, I am just not aggressive enough, not that I am ever going to change that.
My second moan is, I always seem to be on a circuit with a stupid chicane which compounds everything.
That is my moaning completed.:roflmao::roflmao:

I try my best not to hit someone when I try an overtake, but in that there the problem lies. I am so careful that I lift in the wrong place and the car is gone, I am just not aggressive enough, not that I am ever going to change that.
OK now I understand. When approaching the chicane, I always expected an overtaking maneuver and drove extra carefully too.

I just cannot deal with unpredictable unstable car's
I feel the same way. The whole race I fought more with the car than with the opponents.

Overall, two good results with a car that I don't feel 100 percent comfortable in.
So, everything is good! :)

Sorry for bailing out on race 2. Being way off pace, I decided it was best to stop torturing myself, and stop torturing you guys too, and call it a day.

What can I say, that track was not my cup of Earl Grey. I just have a hard time adjusting to tracks with minimal reference points, landscape or manmade features, or clear markers. Nothing against English tracks, Donington Park I really enjoy, as well as Brands Hatch. But this one, similar to Goodwood with the long, sweeping flat turns that are so easy to carry you off the side and out onto the slipperiest species of grass known to mankind. And the chicanes, designed to kill any pleasure a driver might have had on the track on the way back to the start finish line...

I'm all about embracing the struggle, but just not feeling it for this one. Apologies to anyone I may have thrown off their flow trying to get past me. Congrats to the podium finishers for both races.

sweeping flat turns that are so easy to carry you off the side and out onto the slipperiest species of grass known to mankind.
You are spot on about the grass Dominic, I went off after clipping Pat (who was having his own moment) and before I could get it stopped I was on the runway with clearance to take off!:D
I was so far of the circuit I had to buy a ticket to get back in again!:roflmao: Its funny looking at the track map and my icon in the middle.

Good fun though, agree about that damm chicane but well done all and that battle for the lead was awesome to watch.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
You are spot on about the grass Dominic, I went off after clipping Pat (who was having his own moment) and before I could get it stopped I was on the runway with clearance to take off!:D
I was so far of the circuit I had to buy a ticket to get back in again!:roflmao: Its funny looking at the track map and my icon in the middle.

Good fun though, agree about that damm chicane but well done all and that battle for the lead was awesome to watch.:thumbsup:
lol, your comments had me chuckling... and yes, from that video clip looks like you were rocketing across that grass well on your way to the other side of the track!

I had some very nice racing in race 1 and 2! Nice fighting with Henri, Jason and Carlos I think.

Which really leaves me clueless, is how others handle tyre wear. Especially Jason, who drives the same car, seems to keep his pace high until the end of the race, whilst I get massive understeer during the last laps.

Does anybody like to share some knowledge or setup advice to overcome this problem? I mean anybody, who likes to see me win a race? :p

Last edited:
i was on hard tyres as i found the medium's only good for 1 fast lap after that they were the same speed as the hard's and wore out a lot faster. i also qualified on the medium's as the soft's overheated in about half a lap. next time your in the car keep an eye on tyre temps.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 138 85.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 14.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 34.8%