AC Setting up AC for racing online.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
AC has moved on alot since 2014 - 2018. There is no manual and alot of forum stuff is out dated, so I will try to link up to date info in here. Aimed at getting people who are driving Valelunga in vanilla single player up to speed!

You can can of course race online with us with the game in stock mode but there are plenty of mods and apps to bring it up to date in 2023 and improve the overall experience and immersion.

You can go either way - make your game run at a higher fps with same/ better graphics or go the route of max graphics and all the apps! Every app you put on screen will take some performance from your CPU so best to test as you go vs. approx 15 AI at somewhere like Le Mans or Nordschleife. This will prevent running into fps issues online.

@Alfred Waynes app list

Sir Spats guides to CSP/SOL/PURE etc.

Last edited:
My VR settings.
Online racing in VR is hard to beat :) I use a samsung odyssey + WMR headset. Much of this is probably also applicable if you race with a screen and have an older PC/Graphics card.

Lowering the mirror res/render distance will help your fps here. Going too low on the shaddow res causes them to stutter and filcker and reduces performance in my experience. 256 or 512 seems to work best.
Any sort of stutter will effect your lap times and/or concentration in online racing. Good lighting in the room is just as important, to allow the headset to smoothly track your head movement.

Overcrowded hard drives can bottleneck any system pretty severely providing massive fps loss at certain tracks. I would recommend running AC on a seperate hard-drive to you C:, that alos has about 30% free space. My 3TB mechanical hard drive seems to start choking up once I go over the 2TB level. At 2.5 TB it really syruggles. NVMe drives are apparently better in this regard but I have no experience with them.

VR settings.PNG

As you can see most of the fancy stuff in CSP is turned off to improve FPS. The current CSP 0.1.79 is working really well with VR.
CSP on_off.PNG

Attachments

• VR setings 2.PNG
    VR setings 2.PNG
    673.6 KB · Views: 58
  • VR setting 4.PNG
    VR setting 4.PNG
    585.9 KB · Views: 51
  • VR Settings 3.PNG
    VR Settings 3.PNG
    886.2 KB · Views: 52
  • VR setting 5.PNG
    VR setting 5.PNG
    558.7 KB · Views: 51
  • VR setting 6.PNG
    VR setting 6.PNG
    461 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I am using all stock apps with side kick and helicorsa. The 1920x1080 video res above squeezes them in tight so you can see them easily. I essentially look through the helicorsa and have the track map in the A-pillar.
Centre flags pulls the blue and yellow flags into the middle of the screen also.

Track map in the A-pillar works well. It's important, along with realtime, for re-entering the track from the pits or the sand!

I often practice checking apps and mirrors as it's tricky enough not to put a wheel on the grass when doing so!

Looks something like this -

Every app on screen uses some performance so you can run less if you need to, or prefer the immersion of having none :)

Last edited:
Here on RD the first requirements to enter the club racing is premium membership and to add your real-name to your profile. This is only visible on your profile to other premium members.

User Real name field.png

Premium membership can be purchased here.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 90 90.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 28.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 33.3%