RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am gonna suck Tuesday. I cannot get as fast as I want and I know my lap times are not near what I have seen on the leaderboard times. For some reason I do not like this car. When I got tired of trying to set up the car with poor results I did the 90's F1 competition, got in the V10 and threw that car around Spa like no one's business. I just set times with default and know I could have gotten much faster with more laps.

This indy car? I see middle of the pack for me if I am lucky. Hope there are a bunch around me to race with.

Will you sign me up for the race please?

Attachments

• 1500x500.jpg
    1500x500.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 107
I am gonna suck Tuesday. I cannot get as fast as I want and I know my lap times are not near what I have seen on the leaderboard times. For some reason I do not like this car. When I got tired of trying to set up the car with poor results I did the 90's F1 competition, got in the V10 and threw that car around Spa like no one's business. I just set times with default and know I could have gotten much faster with more laps.

This indy car? I see middle of the pack for me if I am lucky. Hope there are a bunch around me to race with.
By the looks of the leaderboard I'd say Dan may be the lonely one with no one to race with:(

Hahaha you guys are too much. It might not look like it, but I struggled a lot before I started chiseling away at the leaderboard. Like I said before... I'm gonna preach it again. Low downforce is key. There's no way I could have done those times with stock wing. I figured it out when I was ghosting the #1 guy on the board, and as soon as I crossed the start line, he would come right past me. I knew it wasn't because he was getting a better run out of the last corner of the S's (very important btw). So for Shits and Giggles I lowered the wings way down, further than I thought was realistic. Well what do you know, I was faster! I did seriously do a lot of tinkering with setup to get some grip back in it. Unbelievably I ended up with a faster car that also handled better!? For some reason, having a lower wing makes it more drive able…. less snappy I suppose.

Anyway..... Ya'll wanna see it??

upload_2019-8-19_19-34-58.png

This nets me 188 at the end of the straight. That's without a draft or p2p. In the race I'd consider lowering 6th gear a tick. That way when you p2p you will be up in the 190's.:D

I got to try those. I also figured out my FOV issue. It took some adjusting the camera, but I left the FOV multiplier at 0.5x. What can I say, I like that setting.

That gave me a little more connection with the car and I am no longer guessing about where the car is on the track. Now to take Dan's setups out for a spin... Probably a literal spin.:roflmao:

Tires. Who is getting along with the Black tires? The reds are softer than kneaded erasers. One lap and I had the reds at 97% Holy Cheese Balls, Batman! The black tires are tougher, but they don't have the same amount of grip. If we were running an Oval, I'd go with the Black tires, but in a road course, so far I feel better with the Reds.

A word to the wise: There is no 'Launch control' since indy car uses a rolling start. Make certain to practice starts!! If you leave your first gear short and try to come out of the hole quickly you will be facing the wrong way very fast:notworthy: It takes some pretty good clutch control (don't know what it is like with automatic clutch) to get a fast start without taking out half the start grid:thumbsdown: My first gear is set around 12.375

I am going to have to bow out tonight. I have a prior engagement and I do not think I will have time to get back home before start of the race.

I admit that I do not like this car and track combo, I have not liked it since F1 2001. I have never liked the Indy road course as I think it exemplifies all crap that is Tilke. That being said I was willing to race just because I have fun in this series. If I can get home in time I will join if there is room but, honestly, I did not account for my travel time this PM.

I guess put me down as a reserve? What is the race next week?

Sorry all.

A few weeks ago my youngest son visited and I was unable to stream that event. Now my oldest son is visiting for a couple of weeks so I will not be able to stream this or next weeks events. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. BTW, my middle son won't be out until Christmas so whatever races will be scheduled for then are out for streaming also.

Have fun and good luck all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back