Assetto Corsa Competizione |Imola, New Cars And Update Coming This Month

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione developers Kunos Simulazioni have today released a new trailer for the upcoming 1.6 update - confirming new content and improvements are set to be released this month.
  • Imola 2020 heading to the sim.
  • Ferrari and Mercedes 2020 EVO update cars.
  • New tyre model for 2020 season.

Yes, the preview image prophecy has come true and Kunos Simulazioni have now confirmed Imola will be heading to the simulation this month, alongside the new Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020, Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo (2020), a new tyre model, tons of 2020 season liveries and plenty more besides... happy days ahead for ACC fans it seems!

A release date has yet to be confirmed for the new build, outside of a November release date - so stay tuned in the coming days and weeks for more information as and when it becomes available.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
anyone else find this sim to be just sort of lifeless and dull? I get that it's technically precise as hell, almost like a sim racing version of DCS, but there is no sense of speed, zero worldbuilding (i.e. nothing about it screams "Blancpain" in the way that the Codemasters F1 sims ooze F1's character) and the transition between mechanical and aero grip in the cars is awkward at best. The tire model, while fully faithful to Blancpain's Pirelli tire no doubt, just sucks to drive - the transition between grip and ass over end into the barriers is instantaneous and the tires allow for almost no slip angle before control departure. Again, I appreciate the technical precision of this sim and everything has Kunos has put into it, and I own the DLC, but every time I drive it, I don't find myself *enjoying* the drive.

The GT3 cars in AMS2, while still a little raw, have more panache and, well, life to them. All IMO

I don’t get this price debate

ACC with all the current DLC is £65 to buy it now. I have a lot of hours in the sim and love it so well worth it.

I got AMS2 for £25 and have tried to get in to it. It’s great but I don’t enjoy it as much. Spent about 12 hours in the sim. I would still say if I never use it again I had 25 quids worth of enjoyment on it. A steak and a pint is gone and forgotten pretty quickly for the same amount.
I’m not saying the the money insignificant like I’m the sultan of the north but unless you get EA sales volume the only way pretend racers will ever get anything new to moan about is to keep some level of investment for developers to keep going. I charge for every bit of work I do too.

Look at the time we spend in the sim and decide per hour used and enjoyed was it worth it.

All the sims are great in their own way. I’m sure we all have a favourite so best to put our cash there. I’ve driven up bus lanes that cost me more than any DLC content
If you haven't played AMS2 in a while, you should give it another go. Not the same game it was. AMS2 and ACC are my go to Sims.

Last edited:
anyone else find this sim to be just sort of lifeless and dull? I get that it's technically precise as hell, almost like a sim racing version of DCS, but there is no sense of speed, zero worldbuilding (i.e. nothing about it screams "Blancpain" in the way that the Codemasters F1 sims ooze F1's character) and the transition between mechanical and aero grip in the cars is awkward at best. The tire model, while fully faithful to Blancpain's Pirelli tire no doubt, just sucks to drive - the transition between grip and ass over end into the barriers is instantaneous and the tires allow for almost no slip angle before control departure. Again, I appreciate the technical precision of this sim and everything has Kunos has put into it, and I own the DLC, but every time I drive it, I don't find myself *enjoying* the drive.

The GT3 cars in AMS2, while still a little raw, have more panache and, well, life to them. All IMO

It is a bit lifeless and dull. That's why I generally play the other games, including even AC1 over this game. The driving physics is good but the driving experience is dull in a way that even the good graphics cant help.

Again, I appreciate the technical precision of this sim and everything has Kunos has put into it, and I own the DLC, but every time I drive it, I don't find myself *enjoying* the drive.

Funny, I have the opposite feeling. I have a great time with ACC, it’s my go-to sim right now. AMS 2 is very good, I like it a lot, but it’s still very much a work in progress for me, still lots of work to be done to make it great, but I’m pretty sure it will be.

Last edited:

On the contrary. For me the racing in ACC is the most thrilling and rewarding experience of all the sims. Heartrate up in the sky most of the time.

Ok, that reassures me, no stand image, no improvement on this side.

I only remember the AI.

For the rest, I expect one hotfix per month for the events and that's it :confused:

The game is mature and great, but there is still a lot of things to improve, the circuits are lacking life, when the new Gran Turismo will be released, the ACC championship mode will be quickly forgotten, for the rest I will never buy a Playstation or Gran Turismo so I will only talk about the championship point of view.
maybe more driving and less staring into the landscape

[QUOTE = "liby88, message: 3286555, membre: 462479"]
peut-être plus de conduite et moins de regard dans le paysage
[/CITATION]

Yes, with the new patch I should be able to finish a course without being bumped.

So it will become an accessory to watch the circuit.

That doesn't stop the pits from being sad, even one of the saddest of all car games.

it was McLaren 570 GT4 If I remember it correctly

sure, i'm sure it all gets better eventually, or actually I think you are right, it was the Cayman GT4! :D

Both Cayman and 570S is rough for me. Personally, I think the AMG GT3 and Porsche is quite decent, other than the suspension issue. The 720S and GT4s were added much later in the beta, Camaro was surprisingly decent for me.

Great news!! I think Imola will be amazing for Endurance races, and very excited to see Magny Course love this track!!! And love to see more cars and liveries.
I hope we got an true app to control server options, there's a lot of things we don't know and cannot see on game handbook and finish livery editor toó please
If they 'll release TCR, LMP2 and Nordschleife for sure they would be king.
In the future could be great a "legendary GT3 dlc" with cars like Ferrari 430 GT3, Aston Martin Dbr9 GT3, Morgan plus 8 GT3, Chevrolet C6 GT3.....and for sure i'll pay every euro € very happy

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back