Assetto Corsa Competizione |Imola, New Cars And Update Coming This Month

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione developers Kunos Simulazioni have today released a new trailer for the upcoming 1.6 update - confirming new content and improvements are set to be released this month.
  • Imola 2020 heading to the sim.
  • Ferrari and Mercedes 2020 EVO update cars.
  • New tyre model for 2020 season.

Yes, the preview image prophecy has come true and Kunos Simulazioni have now confirmed Imola will be heading to the simulation this month, alongside the new Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020, Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo (2020), a new tyre model, tons of 2020 season liveries and plenty more besides... happy days ahead for ACC fans it seems!

A release date has yet to be confirmed for the new build, outside of a November release date - so stay tuned in the coming days and weeks for more information as and when it becomes available.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
A-men to that!
No, I'm sorry but we don't amen to that.

Each to his own. You know there are reasons why people are playing SP.

Playing MP on open servers can be a bad experience. I've had really good and competitive races, then I had days where I just quit after the third try and played SP or something else when on any race I joined there was a wrecker waiting and punting off the regular drivers. I just call it quits and try the next day, not everybody has the frust tolerance to do so, I can see this getting old fast.

Joining a league is nice, but not everybody is able to make time for a fixed schedule. I tried it once in AC, but I quit after one seasion, because I could only make it for 2/3 of the races, and I could tell the other guys would have preferred someone taking the spot who does all the races, although they where nice about it.

Also getting older I'm not as competitive as before, sometimes I like to play a more relaxed game, and less playing simracing shows in lack of consistency. So maybe you wouldn't even want to have me around in MP, because while not the slowest on the track, the lack of consistency and reflexes might lead to an error on my side which could push you out. I always try to be conservative and prudent and most certainly don't do it on purpose, but I can tell that I sometimes make mistakes others are not happy about. And I don't want to ruin the race for other players, so I always do a few laps in SP before joining MP and if I can tell it's one of these days I just do a special event (yay, they are woriking again!) or an AI race because they don't get butt hurt if I f*ck up.

So by all means, please understand there are valid reasons people like to play SP, there is not only one way to enjoy simracing. Als we had the discussion if ACC is a success or not with the current player base, reducing the niche even more by disregarding SP as a valid way to play it, the base might get so small to the point where it just doesn't make it financially viable to develop new titles or DLC. Think about it, it might hurt you, too, if all the SP players would turn to something else.

Playing MP on open servers can be a bad experience. I've had really good and competitive races, then I had days where I just quit after the third try and played SP or something else when on any race I joined there was a wrecker waiting and punting off the regular drivers. I just call it quits and try the next day, not everybody has the frust tolerance to do so, I can see this getting old fast.

Joining a league is nice, but not everybody is able to make time for a fixed schedule. I tried it once in AC, but I quit after one seasion, because I could only make it for 2/3 of the races, and I could tell the other guys would have preferred someone taking the spot who does all the races, although they where nice about it.

Also getting older I'm not as competitive as before, sometimes I like to play a more relaxed game, and less playing simracing shows in lack of consistency. So maybe you wouldn't even want to have me around in MP, because while not the slowest on the track, the lack of consistency and reflexes might lead to an error on my side which could push you out. I always try to be conservative and prudent and most certainly don't do it on purpose, but I can tell that I sometimes make mistakes others are not happy about. And I don't want to ruin the race for other players, so I always do a few laps in SP before joining MP and if I can tell it's one of these days I just do a special event (yay, they are woriking again!) or an AI race because they don't get butt hurt if I f*ck up.

So by all means, please understand there are valid reasons people like to play SP, there is not only one way to enjoy simracing. Als we had the discussion if ACC is a success or not with the current player base, reducing the niche even more by disregarding SP as a valid way to play it, the base might get so small to the point where it just doesn't make it financially viable to develop new titles or DLC. Think about it, it might hurt you, too, if all the SP players would turn to something else.
+1

sadly though Single player is sort of playing second fiddle almost everywhere, I waited over 20 YEARS for another Star Wars space sim (XW alliance was 1999!), SW squadrons get's released and it's mp centric with a paethically short SP campaign and stupid MP based mechanics have leaked into the SP campaign. :(

Last edited:
SP could be interesting with a career or history mode, but if u go into a league you enjoy every fight cause is full of humans errors or great drivers with fairplay, some leagues get a fixed setup, so you just go for racing, no need a lot of training hours, is just my thinkings of course respect yours but i think you are loosing a great chance for enjoy simracing

I can get mosty of that with decent Ai. The issue I feel with bad ai is "situational awareness" is very hard to program, it's not flawles in humans either! and with games with multiple types of cars and weather a single racing line is just wrong. An F1 car doesn't take the same line as a mini cooper, and the same car will take a different line in the wet.

There's very few top level physics coders in the sim world, but I feel there's less top level Ai coders. And that's not to slight all the coders, sim physics and Ai are IMO at the upper echelon of difficulty.

but yeah as long as you understand that many can't find the time to join leagues and like justfdl says age matters, I'm 49 and already I can feel the issues of age...I play most games on easy now, it's only sims that I've managed to keep at the higher end (probably purely on muscle memory), but even that's slipping and it's more like monthly slips now.

Last edited:

Well, imo... not amen to that. If that would be simracing for me I would just quit. No challenge so no joy in it for me. 'To each his own' they say...
Maybe when I am older I start thinking like you more and more, very well possible. I waited very longtime to start racing online, but once I did, I never looked back. I can't respect AI as they are sooooooo predictable. I do realise I am lucky to be able to participate in league racing, although this season it's also 2/3. Public servers are not worth it I agree.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

A while back Aris mentioned that about 70% of users have never even tried MP. That was for original AC, but not sure if situation is that much different in ACC, esp. with its more intelligent AI that will only get better with this update. Humans are overrated anyway. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

Would it not be possible for Kunos to bring these new tracks to Assetto Corsa also?

I would love to play Bathurst, Kylami, Donington, Oulton Park, Suzuka etc in AC.
They are all available in a very good quality from modders.
Kunos does not officially support AC anymore.

They are all available in a very good quality from modders.
Kunos does not officially support AC anymore.
I guess supporting it and producing content for it could be considered two different things. I’m aware that there is no more engine or physics development. However I’d gladly pay money for them in AC, when all the assets are already built, it seems a shame to not back port them to AC.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.