Assetto Corsa Competizione |Imola, New Cars And Update Coming This Month

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione developers Kunos Simulazioni have today released a new trailer for the upcoming 1.6 update - confirming new content and improvements are set to be released this month.
  • Imola 2020 heading to the sim.
  • Ferrari and Mercedes 2020 EVO update cars.
  • New tyre model for 2020 season.

Yes, the preview image prophecy has come true and Kunos Simulazioni have now confirmed Imola will be heading to the simulation this month, alongside the new Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020, Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo (2020), a new tyre model, tons of 2020 season liveries and plenty more besides... happy days ahead for ACC fans it seems!

A release date has yet to be confirmed for the new build, outside of a November release date - so stay tuned in the coming days and weeks for more information as and when it becomes available.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
You can? Wow, I don't know how anyone races AMS2 AI. Do you get to the front before turn one and stay in front from there? I can't imagine actually racing the AI side by side. They are blind and stupid and wiggle their way around the track in a completely ridiculous fashion.
Just watched Dave Cam at Bathurst - you could be forgiven for thinking it's Wreckfest at some stages.

Current ACC AI also suck donkey balls, but it's still a lot better than AMS 2's.

Looking forward to Imola.
I can’t say I’ve seen any of the upcoming AI changes that have been worked in. Should be good though. I find that they don’t really attack or defend too much, they just stick to their lines quite rigidly, so If they’re improved to have a bit more fight in them that’ll be great. I love this sim so I’ll definitely be purchasing this DLC.

The best* getting better - will happily send a few pennies Kunos' way for one of my favourite circuits and a great set of liveries (the Gulf Porsche liveries this year were particularly nice). The AI improvements are also much appreciated, watching Stefano's AI Twitch streams was a pleasure.

Very slight disappointment not to have a new Magny Cours but I understand with everything else they're working on it would be a lot more work than Imola (that they already have a model for) and that's not feasible whilst also planning the British tracks.

Feature hope: let me curate a grid of AI liveries and driver talents (like AC Content Manager or Raceroom) please, I'm not an online racer so this would add a load of relatability.

*IMO

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 326 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing