Assetto Corsa Competizione |Imola, New Cars And Update Coming This Month

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione developers Kunos Simulazioni have today released a new trailer for the upcoming 1.6 update - confirming new content and improvements are set to be released this month.
  • Imola 2020 heading to the sim.
  • Ferrari and Mercedes 2020 EVO update cars.
  • New tyre model for 2020 season.

Yes, the preview image prophecy has come true and Kunos Simulazioni have now confirmed Imola will be heading to the simulation this month, alongside the new Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020, Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo (2020), a new tyre model, tons of 2020 season liveries and plenty more besides... happy days ahead for ACC fans it seems!

A release date has yet to be confirmed for the new build, outside of a November release date - so stay tuned in the coming days and weeks for more information as and when it becomes available.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
hmm, if that was the price, I might have to pass, eventhough Imola is one of my very favorite tracks
Intercontinetnal GT added 4 tracks for the same price, so I will probably wait for the DLC to be on sale

but obviously it's up to anyone
automobilista 2 last update add gt3, gt4, previous the amazing bmw M1, mini cooper, plus some dtm cars, imola included since day 1 for free, also better price vs acc.

this time i will pass this dlc, too much for so litttle

automobilista 2 last update add gt3, gt4, previous the amazing bmw M1, mini cooper, plus some dtm cars, imola included since day 1 for free, also better price vs acc.

this time i will pass this dlc, too much for so litttle
i tried AMS2 yesterday and soemthing felt weird. Driven one of the GT3 cars on brands and the camera was bounding a lot, but also the car. I then ran the same car /track combo in AC and it felt much more what I would expect

not sure, AMS defintiely has some intersting things about it , but I think AC is still my preferred sim, even more so then ACC

I will be very surprised if Kunos charge for the 'DLC'. ACC originally came out with all the cars and tracks of the 2018. In late 2019, the release of version 1.1 included the 2019 season including 6 new cars (which were new for that season) plus Zandvoort. That update also included a bunch of AI and UI enhancements.
This '2020' update is sounding very similar to that one or be it on a smaller scale with less new 'content' (2 'new' cars + Imola - which I think will just be a reworked version of the one from AC). I also cant see how they could release a paid update that includes improved AI and physics which you have to pay for.

I reckon the 2020 content will be included in the release of version 1.6 or at the very worst, a free DLC pack separate to the update.

I also cant see how they could release a paid update that includes improved AI and physics which you have to pay for.

You're not paying for code updates, they'll come free with the base game as they always have.

The 2020 content will be paid dlc. The 2019 content was free because that was already listed as a free update when the game was first released.

Last edited:
i tried AMS2 yesterday and soemthing felt weird. Driven one of the GT3 cars on brands and the camera was bounding a lot, but also the car. I then ran the same car /track combo in AC and it felt much more what I would expect

not sure, AMS defintiely has some intersting things about it , but I think AC is still my preferred sim, even more so then ACC

If it is the Porsche, it is still broken from what I know. Better with latest hotfix but it is still broken. The polish of AMS2 is quite bad at this stage.

I don’t get this price debate

ACC with all the current DLC is £65 to buy it now. I have a lot of hours in the sim and love it so well worth it.

I got AMS2 for £25 and have tried to get in to it. It’s great but I don’t enjoy it as much. Spent about 12 hours in the sim. I would still say if I never use it again I had 25 quids worth of enjoyment on it. A steak and a pint is gone and forgotten pretty quickly for the same amount.
I’m not saying the the money insignificant like I’m the sultan of the north but unless you get EA sales volume the only way pretend racers will ever get anything new to moan about is to keep some level of investment for developers to keep going. I charge for every bit of work I do too.

Look at the time we spend in the sim and decide per hour used and enjoyed was it worth it.

All the sims are great in their own way. I’m sure we all have a favourite so best to put our cash there. I’ve driven up bus lanes that cost me more than any DLC content

Last edited:
But still the price increase is in line with other developers on Steam.
Kunos was extremely competitive. But maybe now their publisher feels they don't need to be aggressive anymore.

No, it is not. Under regional pricing, they cost way too much that you could buy a whole game from other developers. In the end, I still haven't owned GT4 DLC because it cost so much and the game is still pretty underwhelming to play for me. The old pricing was way too low, now it is way too high.

And ironically, Control and some 505 games still have regional pricing.

Last edited:
You're not paying for code updates, they'll come free with the base game as they always have.

The 2020 content will be paid dlc. The 2019 content was free because that was already listed as a free update when the game was first released.

True, but Kunos have already implemented some of the 2020 liveries into the game, if it was going to be paid DLC, why would they include some liveries from 2020 but not others.

No, it is not. Under regional pricing, they cost way too much that you could buy a whole game from other developers. In the end, I still haven't owned GT4 DLC because it cost so much and the game is still pretty underwhelming to play for me. The old pricing was way too low, now it is way too high.

And ironically, Control and some 505 games still have regional pricing.
AMS2 base game lowest price is ARS$ 439,99
AMS2 Premium Track DLC price is ARS$ 439,99

ACC DLCs are respectively ARS$ 549,00 and ARS$ 749,00 at their lowest regional prices.
ACC base game increased a lot in price though on Sept 9 2020.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back