Assetto Corsa Competizione |Imola, New Cars And Update Coming This Month

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione developers Kunos Simulazioni have today released a new trailer for the upcoming 1.6 update - confirming new content and improvements are set to be released this month.
  • Imola 2020 heading to the sim.
  • Ferrari and Mercedes 2020 EVO update cars.
  • New tyre model for 2020 season.

Yes, the preview image prophecy has come true and Kunos Simulazioni have now confirmed Imola will be heading to the simulation this month, alongside the new Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020, Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo (2020), a new tyre model, tons of 2020 season liveries and plenty more besides... happy days ahead for ACC fans it seems!

A release date has yet to be confirmed for the new build, outside of a November release date - so stay tuned in the coming days and weeks for more information as and when it becomes available.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I think the next thing they should do is go against the current MO of the sim and do a more strange DLC, focusing on nationally homologated GT3s or those that fit the specs but are not FIA certified. For example, the Callaway Corvette GT3 (which is certified), Radical RXC GT3, SCG 004 (since AC has the SCG license I figured this one would be easier), Cadillac CTS-V R, or the Renault RS01. GT4 could include the Sin R1 for fun. Just make the sim more abstract and less rigid.

Really looking forward to the improved AI, Imola and the new cars. All good stuff.

I'm a bit concerned about the tire model. I like what we have right now, so hopefully it's a minor enhancement and nothing too major. Worried they might do what KartKraft recently did and just ruin a good thing.
with all due respect, I won't compare Kartkraft devs with Kunos..

Well, first of all they announced ACC 1.6 (free update) with developments in the AI, physics, weather, and also UI and performance improvements. So not sure what you're ranting about. It's ACC 1.6 for free + a paid DLC (1 track + all 2020 teams with liveries and BoP and 2020 tires + 2 new cars) that you can choose to buy or not. Also, ACC has only GT3/GT4. And hey, if you do comparisons then you need to check the whole picture. ACC alone has around the same number of concurrent players of Raceroom+rFactor2+Automobilista2+Project Cars 2 combined. If ACC deserves to be "killed", as you say, you should send the same advice to them, too.
View attachment 417904
Stop repeating "free update", it's ridiculous, these patches are still fixing the game. You are only comparing peak numbers, not average, it still drops to very low numbers outside peak time. For some reason you decided to ignore AC1, I wonder why...

Stop repeating "free update", it's ridiculous, these patches are still fixing the game. You are only comparing peak numbers, not average, it still drops to very low numbers outside peak time. For some reason you decided to ignore AC1, I wonder why...
Ok let's call it 1.6 patch. Happy now? That was not the point though. I did not ignore AC1. The guy was saying that basically ACC is a failure because AC has double the players. I just completed the picture, to show that ACC is not a failure, and that was obvious really. The guy was also complaining that Kunos is not fixing the game, where clearly they are doing that.

I am only considering peak players and not average players? OK let's see.

ACC:
1604593131861.png

rFactor 2:
1604593176288.png

Raceroom:
1604593228862.png

Automobilista 2:
1604593265538.png

Project Cars 2:
1604593308904.png

As you can see, in October ACC had 1469 average players. The sum of the rest is 2119. Well, ok. Still, they're way behind, which was the point really. ACC was successful and certainly does not need to be "killed".

And ok, let's talk about AC1: so, it has been around since 2014, and it has been a success. How does that make ACC less of a success? Go ahead and tell us, @PickABetterUsername01

Last edited:
Ok let's call it 1.6 patch. Happy now? That was not the point though. I did not ignore AC1. The guy was saying that basically ACC is a failure because AC has double the players. I just completed the picture, to show that ACC is not a failure, and that was obvious really. The guy was also complaining that Kunos is not fixing the game, where clearly they are doing that.

And ok, let's talk about AC1: so, it has been around since 2014, and it has been a success. How does that make ACC less of a success? Go ahead and tell us, @PickABetterUsername01

Here you go:
View attachment 417948
You don't think ACC is less of a success than AC1? I mean, the numbers speak for themselves. ACC still drops to like 500~ players, that's pretty low.

You don't think ACC is less of a success than AC1? I mean, the numbers speak for themselves. ACC still drops to like 500~ players, that's pretty low.
Listen i don't work for Kunos so really last message on this. If you are trolling then it's not fun. Obviously, ACC is a rather hardcore sim racing title focused on racing only, GT3/4 cars only and on mostly European tracks. What exactly do you think Kunos expected? Hey, SRO IGTC is not Formula 1 with billions of viewers. I watched the SRO boss in his latest press conference and he announced that due to the success of the esports events using ACC they are going to add more esports leagues with the real drivers in them, maybe even assign real team points for the championship. ACC, in his domain (which is not that of AC1) is a success, not certainly something that needs to be "killed". If you don't like it, really I don't care.

Listen i don't work for Kunos so really last message on this. If you are trolling then it's not fun. Obviously, ACC is a rather hardcore sim racing title focused on racing only, GT3/4 cars only and on mostly European tracks. What exactly do you think Kunos expected? Hey, SRO IGTC is not Formula 1 with billions of viewers. I watched the SRO boss in his latest press conference and he announced that due to the success of the esports events using ACC they are going to add more esports leagues with the real drivers in them, maybe even assign real team points for the championship. ACC, in his domain (which is not that of AC1) is a success, not certainly something that needs to be "killed". If you don't like it, really I don't care.
I don't know what your problem is. The point is that AC1 is a bigger success compared to ACC, that's it. E-sports is absolutely useless for 99.9999% of the playerbase, specially when the multiplayer structure is as basic as it can get. You are talking like ACC is super niche inside the simracing world, when it's actually the other way around, it's one of the most accessible titles.

If you are trolling

I am almost hoping he his, the alternative is really scary.:D
Denying ACC is a success compare to any SIM among the usual suspects, often touted in this neck of the wood as so superior, is a case of severe delusion, so let’s hope it is trolling.
Adding AC to the mix, only shows how exceptional AC is, dwarfing all the others even his own little brother.
How does any of this relates to how fortunate we are to get an update and new content coming to ACC is what I do not understand.
To any one who prefers spending time in an other SIM than AC or ACC, I am very happy for you and hope you will also get an update soon and new content, to enjoy your less played SIM of choice.
Meanwhile in Kunos land it is all smile and giggles. ;)

With all this verbal intercourse about which is the most successful driving sim I thought that I may point out that it is in actual fact something that's rarely mentioned here, and even more rarely played by the members here. Yet everything else is (stealing from @Andrew_WOT here) an inaudible noise floor in terms of player numbers. Can you guess what it is?

Anyway I'm back off to ACC, and I couldn't give a rats arse about what anybody else thinks - it's my sim rig and my bloody rules, so bugger off, the entire lot of you. So there.

Well the current tyre model could still be better. I remember a video from Ermin where he says that when you lose traction in ACC and the TC kicks in, you lose too much time, even if you correct it fast, while in rfactor2 the effect is more natural and organic, so the flow is not as disturbed as in ACC.

Another thing that needs huge improvement are high curbs(sausage). The experience in ACC is as if hitting a damn rock, it's ridiculous. I remember hitting the one at the exit of the second Monza chicane with my front right tyre, and all FOUR wheels lifted above ground, that was hilarious, obviously car went straight since I had no grip(literally).

Like quite a few things Ermin has to say this makes not much sense. The TC will be working even if you don't have to correct your steering. So gaining time would be not to hit the TC at all which again is obsolete in most circumstances because these cars are built to work good with TC and ABS. He's a RF2 fanboy and there's nothing wrong with that, but for sure the simulation of TC and ABS is strong in ACC.
That said, I agree that the tyre model could be a tad better. It always makes me ponder why the ACC cars are more slippery than in R3E, RF2 or now AMS2. I can cope with that, but it's conspicuous.

The saugage curbs, well, many titles use old track models. In iRacing for example you have to ride every curb - even those in first chicane and della Roggia in Monza - to be fast. I always thaught that the curbs in ACC are more unforgiving because of pretty up-to-date laser scans. Not sure about that though.

I think the next thing they should do is go against the current MO of the sim and do a more strange DLC, focusing on nationally homologated GT3s or those that fit the specs but are not FIA certified. For example, the Callaway Corvette GT3 (which is certified), Radical RXC GT3, SCG 004 (since AC has the SCG license I figured this one would be easier), Cadillac CTS-V R, or the Renault RS01. GT4 could include the Sin R1 for fun. Just make the sim more abstract and less rigid.

Bit hard when you're tied to the SRO. Maybe SRO GT2 will come along next year.

Like quite a few things Ermin has to say this makes not much sense. The TC will be working even if you don't have to correct your steering. So gaining time would be not to hit the TC at all which again is obsolete in most circumstances because these cars are built to work good with TC and ABS. He's a RF2 fanboy and there's nothing wrong with that, but for sure the simulation of TC and ABS is strong in ACC.
That said, I agree that the tyre model could be a tad better. It always makes me ponder why the ACC cars are more slippery than in R3E, RF2 or now AMS2. I can cope with that, but it's conspicuous.

The saugage curbs, well, many titles use old track models. In iRacing for example you have to ride every curb - even those in first chicane and della Roggia in Monza - to be fast. I always thaught that the curbs in ACC are more unforgiving because of pretty up-to-date laser scans. Not sure about that though.
Yea he's indeed an rfactor2 fanboy, but his most recent video comparing both titles I thought was pretty good and kinda neutral. I guess the point was not that TC was not working correctly, just that the time lost in these slides were too much compared to other sims, and maybe that's causing the TC to slow down you even more.

There's definitely something wrong with sausage curbs in ACC, they are not supposed to feel like you are hitting a rock and lift all four tyres. I remember a race in Monza in the rain, with a lambo riding the high curbs of the first 2 chicanes, that wouldn't work on ACC at all.

Yea he's indeed an rfactor2 fanboy, but his most recent video comparing both titles I thought was pretty good and kinda neutral. I guess the point was not that TC was not working correctly, just that the time lost in these slides were too much compared to other sims, and maybe that's causing the TC to slow down you even more.

There's definitely something wrong with sausage curbs in ACC, they are not supposed to feel like you are hitting a rock and lift all four tyres. I remember a race in Monza in the rain, with a lambo riding the high curbs of the first 2 chicanes, that wouldn't work on ACC at all.

I don't wanna be too harsh on Ermin, you're right with his latest content. It's just sometimes that he manages to totally ennoy me - but might be me :giggle:. Anyways, would be a good thing to compare for example a real GT3 Monza race with the ACC behaviour. If I recall correctly, in first and second chicane they sometimes do ride the curbs IRL. I do it as well at slow speeds (mistake>correction>failure :rolleyes: you know..) and it feels indeed not at all sausagy - more bricky.

About the slides: I'm totally fine with that behaviour. You should always lose good time there when it's a significant slide. But I might add, that since I updated to a DD, I was able to be more playful around the limit and produce smaller slides to test the limit of the tyres - if that makes any sense.
(biggest difference of all Sims I have tsted the DD in: ACC. That sim really benefits from DD).
And I repeat: It really makes me think (not necessarily complain) why ACC stands out in terms of 'loose' cars.

Last edited:
Kunos & kerbs are an old argument in progress :) certainly improved somewhat since beta, that's for sure. You can get away with attacking a hell of a lot of track with low ARBs ( which unfortunately appears to be generally slow elsewhere ), but maybe there's a missing clamp or some excess rigidity or some other quirk adrift in the chassis model somewhere.

This would have thrown me into the armco in beta ( somewhere I have a pic of a very airborne Lambo after cutting the first chicane a bit too hard ). Did appear to keep two wheels on the ground for the 2nd part.

And ofc the title is a joke :p sometimes your hands just do things...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back