Assetto Corsa Competizione |Imola, New Cars And Update Coming This Month

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione developers Kunos Simulazioni have today released a new trailer for the upcoming 1.6 update - confirming new content and improvements are set to be released this month.
  • Imola 2020 heading to the sim.
  • Ferrari and Mercedes 2020 EVO update cars.
  • New tyre model for 2020 season.

Yes, the preview image prophecy has come true and Kunos Simulazioni have now confirmed Imola will be heading to the simulation this month, alongside the new Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020, Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo (2020), a new tyre model, tons of 2020 season liveries and plenty more besides... happy days ahead for ACC fans it seems!

A release date has yet to be confirmed for the new build, outside of a November release date - so stay tuned in the coming days and weeks for more information as and when it becomes available.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know what your problem is. The point is that AC1 is a bigger success compared to ACC, that's it. E-sports is absolutely useless for 99.9999% of the playerbase, specially when the multiplayer structure is as basic as it can get. You are talking like ACC is super niche inside the simracing world, when it's actually the other way around, it's one of the most accessible titles.

Don't you think Kunos knew they would have a smaller player base in ACC considering the lack of mod support and the limited content?
They've said it before....They wanted to try a different engine, one that they didn't have to build from scratch and they saw the deal with SRO as the perfect opportunity to try something new while focusing on the most popular racing category.
You're not discovering anything and the fact the player base is smaller than AC means nothing when ACC isn't even supposed to replace AC

Last edited:
I understand that. You do with the sim what you enjoy the most. But I would not call racing against AI simracing. there is no racing simulation against a machine. But what is important is that you have fun :)

You can keep your "real" racing with humans to yourself. Regardless of racing with humans or not, it is still a racing simulation.

If they are not going to include AI at all, I ain't going to buy it because I cannot be arsed to deal with humans after long day work.

Last edited:
You can keep your "real" racing with humans to yourself. Regardless of racing with humans or not, it is still a racing simulation.

If they are not going to include AI at all, I ain't going to buy it because I cannot be arsed to deal with humans after long day work.
I prefer to racing humans because if I am going slow I will try to improve other then dialing the AI down to match my pace or to pretend I am superstar in my make believe world :) . public servers could be a pain mate, but in a league there are various different levels and you will be involved with respectful people that share interests with you. Maybe this will change your idea about "humans" after all. You probably work with customers service :) thats is the source of this issue? lol

If you want I can share where I race, a bunch of nice and supportive fellas

However, what about Magny Cours? The complete grid with updated cars?

This was answered by the dev's on the AC forums....to quote " The virtual reproduction of a single car is also normally a smooth operation, but when entire departments are furloughed, a single email exchange can take half a year (not exaggerating), you can imagine how long the entire process (licensing, sourcing reference data, production, approval, PR) can take with such efficiency. "

Likewise I don't think they have been able to travel to Magny Cours to scan etc.... I guess with the currently worldly constraints we should be grateful they are able to continue to bring (what will be no doubt) top quality content of any sort.

You can buy scan data, you don't have to travel - but to do a good job modelling you need copious source photos too. These companies do also rely on 3rd party contractors a lot for things like car models ( I've been a contractor for sim companies more than once, not for cars though ) so remotely employing content creators is nothing new. However I can imagine dealing with licenses & other admin issues is a complete nightmare at the moment...

I prefer to racing humans because if I am going slow I will try to improve other then dialing the AI down to match my pace or to pretend I am superstar in my make believe world :) . public servers could be a pain mate, but in a league there are various different levels and you will be involved with respectful people that share interests with you. Maybe this will change your idea about "humans" after all. You probably work with customers service :) thats is the source of this issue? lol

As I had said, I have absolutely no interest in MP racing at all.

But I would not call racing against AI simracing. there is no racing simulation against a machine

You mean, for you SIM Racing has to be done against other humans using a some how similar machine interface connected to a network with a more or less efficient network coding.
Fair enough, if it is what you think, you are definitely entitled to your own opinion, as long as you realize it is just that, your opinion, not any sort of fact.
Racing simulation as many facets, racing online is one of them but also only one of many.

Yes AI is not always stellar in imitating how real driver behave, but the same can be argued about how most sim driver behave online.
At the end of the day we can all enjoy our hobby of racing simulation and share our passion, without having to divide yourself into righteous groups.
Are we that insecure that we always have to pretend that we are the only true believers and the others are misguided? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I know it's not aimed at me but, would a league schedule a race around MY real life schedule? So when I was ready for a race all the others would have to leap to their computers? No of courtse not and that's why any sort of decent MP racing is no go. Everyone here knows leagues are the best place for online, but when you have time constraints..i.e. I'm a carer then it's just not possible.

A-men to that!

:)

but serisouly a LOT of people play SP ok?
SP could be interesting with a career or history mode, but if u go into a league you enjoy every fight cause is full of humans errors or great drivers with fairplay, some leagues get a fixed setup, so you just go for racing, no need a lot of training hours, is just my thinkings of course respect yours but i think you are loosing a great chance for enjoy simracing

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%