Assetto Corsa Competizione December 12th Hungaroring Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Hungaroring.jpg

Not long to go until the next Assetto Corsa Competizione update... time for some preview images!

Hungaroring is the next new piece of track content coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione this December 12th, the tight and twisty Formula One venue joining a Kunos developed racing simulation for the very first time alongside a range of new features and updates.. oh and the Ferrari 488 GT3...

With not long left to go until release day for release 4, it seems like a good a time as any to have a look at some preview images from the new circuit... so, who's excited then?

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hungaroring 2.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Still no word on lock-to-horizon options for VR, or any in between solutions. When they announce something in the changelog about this being a feature, I'm back with the programme.

The 4k photos with raytrace are nice to look at, no question, but they are also miles away from the reality in ACC. VR is still unacceptably bad, the menu control as well, in addition to extreme ghosting, since the ue4 engine is simply not designed for such a fast action, apart from weak antializing of the UE4 engine and the required hardware resources. For the whole thing looks like a failed game, too many huge construction sites, where some are technically simply not solvable due to technical limitations in the UE4 engine. I like to be surprised, but compared to AC in the early beta stadien, ACC is in the current beta phase leaves with me and many others hope that this is what will ...

Well they are 4K screens. That's the issue, I have 1080p triple setup. Running three even 1440p screens would require insane computer. I don't even know what would run it, if anything
I run it on tripples (3x1440p) with i7 8700k and rtx2080ti. Fps average around 60 fps even in wet race. GFX settings mostly epic and high. The immersion with tripples is great for me even though the picture on the side screens is stretched. Much better than single screen.

Last edited:
I run it on tripples (3x1440p) with i7 8700k and rtx2080ti. Fps average around 60 fps even in wet race. GFX settings mostly epic and high. The immersion with tripples is great for me even though the picture on the side screens is stretched. Much better than single screen.
So you are saying that. you have spent something like 2000 Euro worth of CPU and GPU and you get 60 FPS on not even everything on epic? WTF

cool for the F488!! but Hungaroring....:O_o:

Well it's part of the Blancpain series, what are people so surprised about as ACC is an official licended game that follows 1 series?

For the rest, a lot of entitlement in this topic and half truths/lies about graphics and hardware.
If ACC can run on an i7 920 with a 1060 6GB and 12GB RAM and still push more than 45FPS in the worst scenarios on epic detail level...well I consider that good.

I really don't understand the complains regarding the performance of the game. On all settings on ultra on a 32" monitor 2k gsync i get 120fps with a full grid. Sure it can use some optimisation for weaker pc's, but still, this title is far from unomptimized. If you are so into sim racing, save some money every month and get a good pc, and you will never look back to performance problems again. Sure thing in AC i get 200fps most of the time, but that game's graphics engine is very old.
Don't get me wrong, i am all for optimization and performance, but it can't come on 1050ti's and 1060 or older gpus, also UE4 is very shallow on older pc's too

Well it's part of the Blancpain series, what are people so surprised about as ACC is an official licended game that follows 1 series?

For the rest, a lot of entitlement in this topic and half truths/lies about graphics and hardware.
If ACC can run on an i7 920 with a 1060 6GB and 12GB RAM and still push more than 45FPS in the worst scenarios on epic detail level...well I consider that good.
unfortunately that's not good on acc cause anything bellow 90fps you have noticable imput/Visual lag, wich is not good if you are trying to compete.

Tbf I'm not hyped for the 488(not a Ferrari fan). For hungaroring, I'm curious, yes. And as for the graphic/performance side, nobody has to complain. At least, you have the game running on a higher setting than the minimum. Which I do by having a FX6300 and a Zotac GeForce 1050Ti Mini. And I'm around 45fps with 10 cars around me. In single screen. In triple screen(1080p), I hit between 15-35 FPS. So, at least, some of you are lucky to have a decent config ;)

unfortunately that's not good on acc cause anything bellow 90fps you have noticable imput/Visual lag, wich is not good if you are trying to compete.
I have very noticeable visual inputlag even with120 FPS.
I made a post on the official form a while ago with no response from the devs.
So it’s obviously an U4 engine problem Kunos have no way to fix.
That alone gives me the impression this engine is not suited to simracing at all.

That alone gives me the impression this engine is not suited to simracing at all.
i find no visual lag at 110fps and above, but there are two settings that create the most visual lag, wich are mirror quality and shadows.

My racing team has no input lag whatsoever, be sure to disable vsync, windows game bar, antivirus, set high performance power plan, high performance in control panel, and turn shadows to medium

My racing team has no input lag whatsoever, be sure to disable vsync, windows game bar, antivirus, set high performance power plan, high performance in control panel, and turn shadows to medium
Already done, no difference whatsoever.
In the said thread I posted a video to demonstrate the input lag

Piece of art at texturing, 3D modelling and light system (GFX engine UE4 out of the box). They are raising the bar, hopefully other titles run after.

I disagree because at the moment UE4 doesn't seem to be good choice so far. I would argue about light system, it is not impressive at all, colors are unreal, lighting seems flat even though it is dynamic, I don't think that it is going to look good in transitions from sunny to overcast and so on... I guess it is always going to look same.

But texturing, effects and stuff is surely awesome in UE4.

I also had hopes that they are going to rise the bar, but it is more like lowering it.

I think I'll enjoy this track...much like I have, the other three.
ACC has so far done something that no other sim has accomplished...that is get me to run at Paul Ricard for more then one lap.
I think Hungaro will be the same.
Looking forward to it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back