Assetto Corsa Competizione December 12th Hungaroring Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Hungaroring.jpg

Not long to go until the next Assetto Corsa Competizione update... time for some preview images!

Hungaroring is the next new piece of track content coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione this December 12th, the tight and twisty Formula One venue joining a Kunos developed racing simulation for the very first time alongside a range of new features and updates.. oh and the Ferrari 488 GT3...

With not long left to go until release day for release 4, it seems like a good a time as any to have a look at some preview images from the new circuit... so, who's excited then?

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hungaroring 2.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
I really don't understand the complains regarding the performance of the game. On all settings on ultra on a 32" monitor 2k gsync i get 120fps with a full grid. Sure it can use some optimisation for weaker pc's, but still, this title is far from unomptimized. If you are so into sim racing, save some money every month and get a good pc, and you will never look back to performance problems again. Sure thing in AC i get 200fps most of the time, but that game's graphics engine is very old.
Don't get me wrong, i am all for optimization and performance, but it can't come on 1050ti's and 1060 or older gpus, also UE4 is very shallow on older pc's too
I look at this as Kunos is walking a fine line between leaving everyone behind with older GPU cards and computers and having a game that can last years into the future. If the game was optimized for my 1070, then it would be next year's Mario Cart - a fun game that no one really plays. So some people may HAVE to upgrade to get decent performance with ACC, some are seeing OK results, and others with the latest and greatest are wondering what all of the fuss is about. When I ultimately upgrade my system to whatever the reference system is in 2020 (probably sooner, but hopefully I can squeeze 2 more years out of my 1070) I will hope that ACC and whatever the follow-up series/game is from Kunos will rock on that system and I will already be well familiar with the game and interface.

I look at this as Kunos is walking a fine line between leaving everyone behind with older GPU cards and computers and having a game that can last years into the future. If the game was optimized for my 1070, then it would be next year's Mario Cart - a fun game that no one really plays. So some people may HAVE to upgrade to get decent performance with ACC, some are seeing OK results, and others with the latest and greatest are wondering what all of the fuss is about. When I ultimately upgrade my system to whatever the reference system is in 2020 (probably sooner, but hopefully I can squeeze 2 more years out of my 1070) I will hope that ACC and whatever the follow-up series/game is from Kunos will rock on that system and I will already be well familiar with the game and interface.
I'm running an i7 6700 and GTX1060, and all only around 2 years old. Many folks are running on less than this. All other games I play look excellent. ACC is the issue. To make a game where most or even half of your customers need to upgrade to the tune of hundreds of dollars is just not smart. They can do what they want, but they are losing a lot of their audience here.

I disagree because at the moment UE4 doesn't seem to be good choice so far. I would argue about light system, it is not impressive at all, colors are unreal, lighting seems flat even though it is dynamic, I don't think that it is going to look good in transitions from sunny to overcast and so on... I guess it is always going to look same.

But texturing, effects and stuff is surely awesome in UE4.

I also had hopes that they are going to rise the bar, but it is more like lowering it.
"Colors are unreal"... man... It is unreal engine.
But honesty, why on Earth the colors are unreal? It is the most natural look colorpalette ever in a sim. I guess, those who love running horse with a swan on its back in front of a silky waterfall, those are the ones sayin' it is not good. These blueish and flat colors are far more natural than anything else seen before. To be honest I even set the saturation 80%.

But honesty, why on Earth the colors are unreal? It is the most natural look colorpalette ever in a sim. I guess, those who love running horse with a swan on its back in front of a silky waterfall, those are the ones sayin' it is not good. These blueish and flat colors are far more natural than anything else seen before. To be honest I even set the saturation 80%.
Dude, what are you talking about? Black swan? Play the game at 12 Noon, clear sky. That looks like a sunny day to you? It looks overcast. Sorry, but that's not real. Or Unreal or whatever you want to call it. So, I think the name fits.

Exactly my thoughts, if this game would've been optimised for 1050ti/1060/970 the game would look exactly the same as assetto corsa, and don't count the weather mods and shaders. That game without the mods would be unplayable graphics/lighting wise now. A lot of guys forgot that in that game they didn't even had night and day transition and weather transitions (big props to good bad weather suite and x4fab)

My problem with UE4 (in other games as well) is that if you have a high(ish) end pc you get great visuals with good performance. But if you happen to have a mid range rig (as I have) I have to tone down the visuals and it looks so bad it hurts my eyes, and the performance is still not that great, so I end up with a terrible looking game with no benefits.

Just for example rF2 has good colors, but it does not have a lot of content that shows it. GTsport has great colors of course, but it is prebaked not real time shading.

I would rather they implemented DLSS over RTX
RTX gives candy DLSS gives performance

Well, that doesnt really make sense. DLSS is RTX. RTX is the all-inclusive name for Nvidia's new technologies. It does not solely mean 'raytracing.' Raytracing like DLSS are both a part of RTX.

It's kind of like the whole, "every square is a rectangle, but not every rectangle is a square" statement.

My problem with UE4 (in other games as well) is that if you have a high(ish) end pc you get great visuals with good performance. But if you happen to have a mid range rig (as I have) I have to tone down the visuals and it looks so bad it hurts my eyes, and the performance is still not that great, so I end up with a terrible looking game with no benefits.
I personally would have to agree...I have an older spec PC about 7 years old, running a GTX690 and initially had to turn down ACC graphics considerably to get playable FPS...however, I have finally upgraded my GPU only for the first time in 6 years (saving all those years) to the new RTX 2070...what a revelation and performance increase it was just by putting a newer, modern GPU in my oldish PC system...Win 7 pro, i7 3770k, p8 z77 V Deluxe, 16 GB DDR 3....could not be happier at the moment...(fingers crossed that it may continue...lol)

I run it on tripples (3x1440p) with i7 8700k and rtx2080ti. Fps average around 60 fps even in wet race.
Ouch! Was hoping you'd say around 75 fps... if Kunos manage to deploy multiview, then it's still going to be a 1080p world.

P.S. Can you say hello SLI with NVLINK? Does anyone even know if ACC scales well with SLI?

Last edited:
I personally would have to agree...I have an older spec PC about 7 years old, running a GTX690 and initially had to turn down ACC graphics considerably to get playable FPS...however, I have finally upgraded my GPU only for the first time in 6 years (saving all those years) to the new RTX 2070...what a revelation and performance increase it was just by putting a newer, modern GPU in my oldish PC system...Win 7 pro, i7 3770k, p8 z77 V Deluxe, 16 GB DDR 3....could not be happier at the moment...(fingers crossed that it may continue...lol)
Right. So like it has been said, you must spend hundreds of dollars to get ACC to work right.

Looking forward to the new car and track, I enjoy ACC so far, even though it is limited by design to a few track and cars, the focus also brings quality to what we get and a feeling a depth to the simulation I find refreshing.
We actually still have AC for almost unlimited tracks and cars access.

VR is a long way off being usable in this game, i'm going to give it 3 or 4 months till i step back in.

This comment is just totally inaccurate. We have settings available that makes VR perfectly playable. You need to make a little effort, but it is there for all of us to use, except of course if you are not interested to start with, or too lazy, or just here to criticize because you think it makes you look cool, it does not.:p

I run it on tripples (3x1440p) with i7 8700k and rtx2080ti. Fps average around 60 fps even in wet race. GFX settings mostly epic and high. The immersion with tripples is great for me even though the picture on the side screens is stretched. Much better than single screen.
That's interesting...I run ACC with 'EPIC' Game settings on Triple Screen 5760x1080...Lambo at Paul Ricard in the 'Heavy Rain' and found that ACC was quite consistant in FPS 45 - 58 once you got started averaging around 55 FPS....PC specs... i7 3770k, RTX 2070...although I would very much doubt that I would be able to run 3 x 1440p monitors at this resolution and get 60FPS.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back