Assetto Corsa Competizione December 12th Hungaroring Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Hungaroring.jpg

Not long to go until the next Assetto Corsa Competizione update... time for some preview images!

Hungaroring is the next new piece of track content coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione this December 12th, the tight and twisty Formula One venue joining a Kunos developed racing simulation for the very first time alongside a range of new features and updates.. oh and the Ferrari 488 GT3...

With not long left to go until release day for release 4, it seems like a good a time as any to have a look at some preview images from the new circuit... so, who's excited then?

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hungaroring 2.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
racing can be a bit boring though because of the lack of long straigths (except the start/finish line).

Interesting outlook.....I've always found tracks with lots of long straights quit boring....exit corner, fully press throttle, drive straight, hope your have more hp and less wing than the guy in front you and brake.

Personally I prefer more technical tracks as it takes a bit more to set up the car properly and usually results in closer and more exiting races.

Interesting outlook.....I've always found tracks with lots of long straights quit boring....exit corner, fully press throttle, drive straight, hope your have more hp and less wing than the guy in front you and brake.

Personally I prefer more technical tracks as it takes a bit more to set up the car properly and usually results in closer and more exiting races.

The driving experience is great on technical tracks, but if there are no long straights there are barely any overtakes, especially when every car is balanced, which can lead to boring races for the spectators/viewers even though the drivers have a great time.

The driving experience is great on technical tracks, but if there are no long straights there are barely any overtakes, especially when every car is balanced, which can lead to boring races for the spectators/viewers even though the drivers have a great time.

I disagree with this a lot. Silverstone has lots of corners (and the two long straights, I know, but ignore them for now), however you get most of the overtaking here. With a straight all you do it hope you get the better run out of a corner and wait. With corners, you have to plan your braking, decide if you'll defend or not, do you try a cutback etc. There's a lot more to do in a corner, a lot more that can go wrong and they are generally a better place to overtake.

@Tardy Tony I'm guessing because they are being pretty careful about promising something that might not happen. I don't blame them, honestly, gamers and simracers especially are prone to go batshit insane on the slightest thing imaginable nowadays.

I disagree with this a lot. Silverstone has lots of corners (and the two long straights, I know, but ignore them for now), however you get most of the overtaking here. With a straight all you do it hope you get the better run out of a corner and wait. With corners, you have to plan your braking, decide if you'll defend or not, do you try a cutback etc. There's a lot more to do in a corner, a lot more that can go wrong and they are generally a better place to overtake.

I would prefer slipstream overtaking over any other type any day, but that's just me. Silverstone has great overtaking opportunities, but the lack of elevation or the uninteresting corners makes that track too dull for me.

On-topic: I hope Kunos will replicate all of the little track details in Hungaroring, I'll test that next time I go there for a real life event.

Most GT races I have seen have have less spectators than track-marshall anyway. ;)
If Kunos would simulate that too it would save quite some processing power.

Silverstone has great overtaking opportunities, but the lack of elevation or the uninteresting corners makes that track too dull for me.

Funny because I keep reading everywhere how much everyone hates Silverstone but I personally think it's one of the best tracks in Europe, it has a nice flow to it and nice fast and technical section so I keep not understanding the hatred. It's one of those I'm the most eager to drive when the final game is released

Anyway on topic now. F488 and Hungaroring, can't wait, etc

I misjudged how many people need VR/triple screen/track IR with at least 600FPS and thousands of dollars of hardware to be able to "compete".
What does that tell you about the human condition?
Er, no. You've mis-stated the reason. People want those things for immersion, so that they leave behind the feeling they're just playing a videogame.
I think people need 600 FPS for another reason... to heat up their apartment. I think about 10 minutes of 600FPS would be enough for a mid-sized room to turn into sauna. or imitate a good fireplace. Can't blame, winter times eh, people want to feel cozy.

Funny because I keep reading everywhere how much everyone hates Silverstone but I personally think it's one of the best tracks in Europe, it has a nice flow to it and nice fast and technical section so I keep not understanding the hatred. It's one of those I'm the most eager to drive when the final game is released

Anyway on topic now. F488 and Hungaroring, can't wait, etc

I think it's because some people (including me) are nostalgic and still prefer the old layout :geek:- need to move on though..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back